Tattoos and growth

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about getting my first tat... prolly in the shoulder area.

I was concerned about growth and thought maybe one of you bros here could help me out. I still have a significant amount of growing to do until I'm at a satisfied weight for life (20-30 lbs of lbm gain). Would growing stretch my tattoo out and make it look deformed and ugly? I also bulk/cut a few times in a year and experience a lot of skin elasticity yo-yoing throughout the year which might also effect it.

Thoughts?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive got 3 tats. 1 across my upper back and 1 on each bicep going up n down. Neither have stretched but it may be the way ive had them placed.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive gone from 150 to my current 230 with Tats, and none look remotely stretched.

Adams

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yep, I got one on shoulder about 6 years ago and 40 lb lighter and it still looks just fine.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
only problem i've had is my celtic arm band, it's not as straight as it once was. arms were 17" back then, 20" and some change now. everything else has been fine, even grew some more room on my back since back then, lol. that used to be a full back piece.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive got 3 tats. 1 across my upper back and 1 on each bicep going up n down. Neither have stretched but it may be the way ive had them placed.

Same, have not had a problem ...i got mine at 18, so ive grown quite alot in 9 years and there is no problem at all except i need touch ups :)

Chewster

Chewster

Awards
ive gained roughly 40lbs in the last 3 yrs. I was really concerned because i have solid half sleeves that werent cheap. However they look great still and one of my artists told me not to sweat it. Although anymore work i do i will make sure the artist has a good education of the human anatomy so that any more work will complement my muscles rather than destort them or hide definition. blah blah blah...