egonz

Awards
Just a simple hello to all on the site. I've been lurking for sometime trying to learn here and there about gear / supps and various things. I'm 39, live in northern va and work in maryland. Looking to try my first offical strongman in march.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strongman, that's awesome! Good luck to you!

So what made you quit lurking and sign up? Just wondering (I lurked for a while before signing up as well).

egonz

Awards
Strongman, that's awesome! Good luck to you!

So what made you quit lurking and sign up? Just wondering (I lurked for a while before signing up as well).

Thanks, mostly i was tired of being restricted and not able to see some pictures.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you train for a strong-man competition? Some of those events are out there as far as having the things needed to practice just being around the house...

egonz

Awards
How do you train for a strong-man competition? Some of those events are out there as far as having the things needed to practice just being around the house...

You have to really scrounge for things and be patient. 830 lbs tire from a large construction company; kegs from here and there, (probably the hardest tofind), homemade sled for pulling; a fall harness attached to my full size dodge mega cab pickup and pull up and down my street. Plus the Starr 5 x 5 lifting program.
I try to lift mon, wed and fri, sled tue and wed and events on sat.
The best is my now 5 ear old boy wants a tire to flip along side mine.