Worlds strongest title is finally back with the U.S.

K

Kegger

Awards
Phil Pfister, the firefighter from Ohio, won the Worlds Strongest Man title back in September. Its the first time an American has won the title in like 20 something years. He barely defeated the reigning champ, Mariusz Pudzianowski of Poland. It came down to the final event and Phil competed head-to-head against Mariusz. All he needed to do was beat Mariusz in the last event and he would be champ. Well he ended up beating Mariusz but it was by a fraction of a second.....talk about a close finale.

Anyway, you see the amount of weight that these guys lift and you just have to wonder.....WTF? I thought Mariusz was an absolute beast for the last 4-5 years. When I was watching the finals, they had him in I think a MetRx commercial....well it showed him in the weight room lifting. It showed him easily curling 275 lbs. multiple times!!!! Is that even possible?:jaw:

K

Kegger

Awards
*correction*

After looking at the commercial in slow mo, what I thought were 35 lb plates on the end were actually 25 lbs. So that means the weight was only 255 lbs total.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
*correction*

After looking at the commercial in slow mo, what I thought were 35 lb plates on the end were actually 25 lbs. So that means the weight was only 255 lbs total.
yeah, only 255lbs curls. pussy. :run:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No kidding, I saw Ubi doing that much with his buttcheeks.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
that wasn't a curl...........more of a thrusting motion.

<--------255lbs

psycho

psycho

Awards
I remember the first time Mariusz Pudzianowski won the strongman title.. He was the smallest ever to win it at 275lbs. I wish I got the channel that came on, because it was an awesome display to watch those guys lift what they did.. Mariusz Pudzianowski is one of my favorites by far, because of his size and physique.. He is a beast.. I am glad it is back in the hands of the USA.. The last real threat we had died shortly after that contest where Mariusz Pudzianowski won for the first time.. I cant for the life of me remember his name.

K

Kegger

Awards
I remember the first time Mariusz Pudzianowski won the strongman title.. He was the smallest ever to win it at 275lbs. I wish I got the channel that came on, because it was an awesome display to watch those guys lift what they did.. Mariusz Pudzianowski is one of my favorites by far, because of his size and physique.. He is a beast.. I am glad it is back in the hands of the USA.. The last real threat we had died shortly after that contest where Mariusz Pudzianowski won for the first time.. I cant for the life of me remember his name.
yeah that was Johnny Perry. He was absolutely enormous. 6'5" and weighed about 400 lbs of pure muscle. Back in '02 when I saw him compete for the first time, I thought he was going to be the future of the WSM competition. At his size and strength, along with his young age, he was definitely a force.

.....I forgot to put a sarcastic smiley when I said that Mariusz's curling weight was only 255 lbs. Hell I can only do 155 once, I can't begin to fathom 255 multiple times.:think:

psycho

psycho

Awards
I think John finished second in 2002 then died shortly afterwards.. He was definitely the next big thing in the WSM contest..

psycho

psycho

Awards
thanks for the link Jayhawkk

sad story for a guy with greatness ahead of him in the WSM world.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's sad how these athletes can leave the world with nothing accumulated except debt. This guy doesn't even have a proper headstone. I'm sure if he would of made it big there would of been plenty of people at his side.