what happened to site BDC

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
i saw the forum was down, what was wrong, why the down time etc. what we wrong that you needed to change the forum to a different server and everything ?

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Message from the man himself:

The forum has been moved to a semi-dedicated server for better performance and reliability. I tried to import the database from the original board but was unsuccessful. Apologies to all that posted and had threads lost. The forum is now open...

Also, I will be raising the prices on the website but will be offering forum members the opportunity to purchase at the current rates. I will create a special forum that only members can access where they may purchase at the lower price. Membership still has it's priviledges... ;) If you know someone that is interested in a product let them know that forum registration gives them access to the lower prices!

Thank you for staying with us through the upgrades, downtime, and general startup BS.

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Here's my reason for the main site price increase:

Someone that wants to buy a product and never research pisses my off. These are the guys that want to find a magic pill and forget the iron and sweat. They will read through the site and never venture into the forum since they don't care how or why it works. Let them pay for the site costs...let the bros that stay and learn get the deals ;)

Chemo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
When are they due to change???? Talk to ya.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Here's my reason for the main site price increase:

Someone that wants to buy a product and never research pisses my off. These are the guys that want to find a magic pill and forget the iron and sweat. They will read through the site and never venture into the forum since they don't care how or why it works. Let them pay for the site costs...let the bros that stay and learn get the deals ;)

Chemo

this makes total sense and a really good idea although one downfall. some people are very busy, have other sites they dedicate themselves to etc. the main thing that gets a company gets known for is quality (usually high prices) and/or prices (usually good and cheap). 75% of people get the best bang for their buck, and raising prices may cause a downfall in profit because they see the price on the main page. its a great idea, but i just like to post other views on the situation before you make it final.

maybe you can do some other offer for forum members, but price is where you usually make/break customers. and anyone whos here in the forums, you already made them, so go after others !

i hope you see what im saying, a little hard to put into words, but you get the idea.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I too like the idea of a discount for those that have taken the time to research and learn about these products.
On another note,
BDC: I'm not sure if you were able to read my apology that I posted somewhere else in the forums, because I sure as hell can't find it anymore. So I'm apologising again. I think I didn't come across as very clear in that post. I was just worried about the level of paranioa associated with data in these types of forums in general (ex-computer science major, paranoid in general). Again, I sincerely apologise for making it seem like I wanted the servers that had the data.

ManBeast

Attachments