What The **** Is Wrong With My Computer???

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.22%

What The **** Is Wrong With My Computer???

More of a 'how do I fix it' question!

I have a toshiba A70 satellite computer... it is fairly new but has some serious issues:

1) The sound rarely works. If the sound comes on when I load windows, then it will work fine until it gets turned off. This happens 5% of the time, the rest of the time there is simply no sound. I go to the sound controller and there is no bar for the overall computer sound. Drivers are all up to date and working fine.

2) Random shut-offs. If I dont put the laptop on my knees, it will shut-off completely within 5 minutes and will not turn back on for another 10.

3) When the sound isnt working, neither will internet video streams. They will load and buffer fine, but the video hitches after 3 seconds and will pickup again after 5 seconds of 'paused' video. Repeat.

To a neophyte such as myself, it seems that my computer is overheating. However, this is the second computer that has had this issue out of the box, the first one was replaced by warranty. This one had the fan and cover replaced as well as the network card. Because the warranty was used on the first one, it is now obsolete.

Please help.

cc

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.66%

Go and get every update for your video card, sound card, microsoft windows, find a good firewall and virus protector, spyware detector and run them. you can find various things like spybot on geeks.com this could fix the problem.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.22%

Quote Originally Posted by enzo1
    Go and get every update for your video card, sound card, microsoft windows, find a good firewall and virus protector, spyware detector and run them. you can find various things like spybot on geeks.com this could fix the problem.
    I have Symantic corporate and it runs clean.... I have spybot S&D and it also comes up clean. I always run the windows updates which come automatically. I don't keep the firewall on because it drastically reduces my ability to surf normal sites!

What do you think the problem is ?

cc
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'm no expert on that model, but sounds like a bad audio module and an overheating problem.

Just because they replaced it once under warranty does not mean that option is "used up". I would demand that one of thier priemier service centers look at it. I used to work at one. I'm also authorized on all toshiba laptops, but I rarely work on them anymore.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%

Sounds like a few problems. Heat Sync is off, drivers are bad, same resources being used by multiple devices (so the multi-threading is not working), it is a piece of ****e. Either way get it fixed and for free.

Similar Forum Threads

1. WTF is wrong with my arms?
    By Navyrigger in forum Pics
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 11:32 AM
  2. What the hell is wrong with me?
    By krazy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 10:35 PM
  3. What is wrong with the avatars?
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum General Chat
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
  4. what is wrong with eating raw egg whites?
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Weight Loss
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 02:04 PM
  5. what the HELL is wrong with people
    By Kristopher in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 09:27 PM