need help asap

shady

Awards
this guy is arguing with me sauing that he benched 305 at 5"8 145. and he says he can bench 355 now at 163. i say it is bull at that weight what do you think?

shady

Awards
now he is saying at 125lbs he could do 205. he is getting pist at me and swares up and down this is true.

SteveDFW

Awards
It could be possible I guess. Some people just can lift more than normal because of the biomechanics of their particular build/body.

I weigh 190lbs at 6ft (on a cutting cycle) and can easily do reps of 6 with 295lbs. I do not go below 5 reps so I do not know what my max would be. My particular build (long arms) put me at a disadvantage for benching.

You might look up some record lifts in that weight class on the internet.

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Those weights dont seem totally impossible, but awfully unlikely. Lots of guys like to jack up their max benches. So call him on it and ask him to show you. This kid i knew used to tell me about how much he could bench going as high as 250 for reps. First chance i got to watch him he dropped 205 so hard on his chest that im surprised he didnt break something. He acted real dissapointed and assured us still he was just having a bad day.

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by shady
this guy is arguing with me sauing that he benched 305 at 5"8 145. and he says he can bench 355 now at 163. i say it is bull at that weight what do you think?
I am 5' 6" (I weight 242lbs)  My highest bench was 350 LBS 3 reps, I am going to let you in in a little secret, us small guys due to short distance that we have to carry the lift have less hard time do it, for some that have longer arms, legs, etc.. more distance to trave in the lift.  Is the same with a pencil easier to break a long one that a short one.  I hope you get my point.  Great short strong man: Tom Platz, Franco Columbus, Lee Priest,  are some example

shady

Awards
Re: Re: need help asap

I am 5' 6" (I weight 242lbs)  My highest bench was 350 LBS 3 reps, I am going to let you in in a little secret, us small guys due to short distance that we have to carry the lift have less hard time do it, for some that have longer arms, legs, etc.. more distance to trave in the lift.  Is the same with a pencil easier to break a long one that a short one.  I hope you get my point.  Great short strong man: Tom Platz, Franco Columbus, Lee Priest,  are some example
i under stand that. but he doesnt weight sh1t. you weigh almost 100lbs more then him. when he could do 305 and 80lbs more then him when he could do 355.

Rhinoman

Awards
Re: Re: Re: need help asap

i under stand that. but he doesnt weight sh1t. you weigh almost 100lbs more then him. when he could do 305 and 80lbs more then him when he could do 355.
I C U'R Point, it is not impossible however, a lot factors will need to be taking in consideration, time, training etc.. Bruce Lee was short and thin man, but the guy was strong as hell, but of course he did train a lot. In other hand, can you train with this guy and C  for yourself his claims! One thing about the human body is the adrenaline, if you are able to have that in your favor, you can accomplish a lot things, that of course if release in large amount in highly stress conditions.

whale

Awards
I am not saying he can but...

There are ways that some people can train their nerves yes nerves to be able to use more of the muscle than most.  Little hercules(so) for example is one.  I know this is an extreme example but dont bet the bank if you cant afford it.  There are ways to increase these motor units  to enable the muscle to recrute more actin and myosin to bridge thus making the muscle stronger.  This is a technic that very very few people use so i doubt the guy has this in his corner.  Uless he has some freaky motor units which I doubt he does I call BS.  Anyway i hope that helps.

Whale

shady

Awards
hey whale, are you talking about the little kid? i saw a kid on the Howard Stern show that was like 8 or something like that i really can't remember but he was suposedly the strongest person in the world. i think he genched like 205 at 80lbs or something. he has been training sense he could walk for martail arts and strength training. he will also be miserable with his body in his mid twenties.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
my thing is....who really cares you know? if that dude says he can lift a certain weight, let him believe it. its all an ego thing. as long as this kid aint rippin' on you and what you lift, just turn the other shoulder and let him have his fun....just show em you more of a beast in how you look. (or just kick his ass) :D

shady

Awards
my thing is....who really cares you know? if that dude says he can lift a certain weight, let him believe it. its all an ego thing. as long as this kid aint rippin' on you and what you lift, just turn the other shoulder and let him have his fun....just show em you more of a beast in how you look. (or just kick his ass) :D
he is an internet tough guy. or i would kick his ass. the thread has died down now .

Rhinoman

Awards

he is an internet tough guy. or i would kick his ass. the thread has died down now .
Internet, OIC, probably trying to fit in or impress!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

ah...if its an internet dude....i money is on that he probably full of shid from his head to toe and back.

snakeman458

Awards
hey bro;

my trainer is 59 yrs old and 5'5" and benches 450 i saw it with my own eyes. i almost hit the floor.

the point was mentioned erlier that guys with short arms have the least amount of travel, therefore making it some what easier for them to achieve and press the weight.

Blazer88

Awards
Those weights seem very good, but again, highly unlikely. I weighed 170 and I was benching 330, so actually, I'm not far off what he was. Of course I've been lifting for six years, so training obviously has a factor.

oldbuffone

Awards
I know lots of guys that "say " they can bench incredible amounts... its all relative to what they call a "BENCH PRESS' or are they doing a "BENCH BOUNCE" its all a matter of opinion... and really at the end of the day...WHAT DOES IT MATTER? unless your a competitive power lifter... or playing professional sports... no one gives a rats ass what someone benches...its all about lifting with discipline and keeping your body/joints healthy for a lifetime of physical fitness....and looking as good as you can.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
who cares what he can lift....just worry about your own.........