any Sirius satelite radio suscribers??

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i am personally looking to buy a new reciever from them i have one built into my eddie bauer explorer but i want a portable i can listen to where ever.i am looking at the stiletto sl100 and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it??

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
i am personally looking to buy a new reciever from them i have one built into my eddie bauer explorer but i want a portable i can listen to where ever.i am looking at the stiletto sl100 and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it??
I have it and enjoy it. The antenna headphones are kind of ridiculous looking. You can record programs from a car-dock or home-dock and listen later. Reception indoors is very patchy and sometimes non-existant. Reception outdoors is pretty good without the bulky headphones even better with them. You don't have to wear them if you have the earplugs in but I keep the very unstylish antenna headphones attached for added reception. worth the pricetag? Only time will tell.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
My girlfriend bought it for me for Christmas last year because I've always been a big Howard Stern listener for years. I hardly listened to it because hardly ever catches signals. I always have to sit the receivers in a certain area on my computer desk in order to get something and it doesn't stay.

The portable receiver is very bulky, compared to the typical FM stereo/CD player walkman, that I often listen too while working. And since I always carry my walkmans in the inside pocket of my work vest, I can't get a signal.

Lately, I continued my subscription with Serius but I listen to Howard Stern online now.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend bought it for me for Christmas last year because I've always been a big Howard Stern listener for years. I hardly listened to it because hardly ever catches signals. I always have to sit the receivers in a certain area on my computer desk in order to get something and it doesn't stay.

The portable receiver is very bulky, compared to the typical FM stereo/CD player walkman, that I often listen too while working. And since I always carry my walkmans in the inside pocket of my work vest, I can't get a signal.

Lately, I continued my subscription with Serius but I listen to Howard Stern online now.
Are you sure you are talking about the Stiletto? It was only made available about September of this year.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
Are you sure you are talking about the Stiletto? It was only made available about September of this year.
My bad, I wasn't aware that they had another model receptor. I'll look more into it, although I doubt I can use it at work.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
there are 2 models of stileto..sl10 and sl100.i read the reviews of both on amazon and they dont seem favorable.this sucks.i have a intel mac and there website isnt compatible with the intel mac yet..and i am def not downgrading my comp to listen..lol..prob going to opt for the sportster and boombox combo so i can listen at home.thanks for your help guys

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
there are 2 models of stileto..sl10 and sl100.i read the reviews of both on amazon and they dont seem favorable.this sucks.i have a intel mac and there website isnt compatible with the intel mac yet..and i am def not downgrading my comp to listen..lol..prob going to opt for the sportster and boombox combo so i can listen at home.thanks for your help guys
Looking at it as we speak, I have the receiver with an X Act battery pack, which has to be attached in order to listen to. And that's the problem. While the receiver itself can probably fit inside a regular shirt pocket, you almost need a small gym bag to carry the battery pack/antenna that attaches to it.

Currently, I have to renew my subscription because I rarely listen to it, except online. But my girlfriend and I were considering buying the boombox attachment for home listening. I still thank my lady for thinking about me when she bought it for my Christmas present last year.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had Sirius and XM. I went through all the troubles with the Sirius and had it wired in the proper way and my Alpine head unit had the internal features. In my other car I went with XM and their Nexus 25 player. I just mounted the antennae on my front dashboard using velcro. The player can upload songs from the computer or record them from the sat and be used as a portable mp3 player.

There's not too much difference in stations or reception really. I'm sticking with the XM because of less hassle over the billing and the Nexus kicks ass.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 1
skull Anabolics 3
B5150 General Chat 23