Gift ideas for everyone

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Gifts for the special someone?
Gifts under $50 for extended family and coworkers?
Gifts for you, ahem them now you in the long run ie. new t.v?
Any ideas i need to get something for my girlfriend and my brother in law?
Can use this as a gifting resource if we get enough contributions. Any gifts that were relatively inexpensive that went off big?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I got one of my ladies a bracelet that said "you make the difference" for like $20. I got a lot of mileage out of this one, best $20 I've spent :D

Brother in law: Give him beer, it's a man law (j/k) I would just say to focus on quality details. My sister in law got me a Jerry Rice jersey in 1998 and to me it was awesome because no one had bought me a jersey before. If you're with good company it won't matter how expensive your gifts are :)

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nice ideas gents, i cant be a total cheapskate but i prefer a few lower cost items to one large item, low risk high chance on a few going big. What do you think about this, were going to domincan republic in feb i could prepay a scuba trip or bungee jump or something?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Being a fairly romantic guy – I’ll answer based in the assumption your gift will be for the woman you love:

Nothing, at least in my opinion, can convey your love, total dedication and sincerity like an 8"X10" photograph of Bill Bucker's error on Mookie Wilson’s grounder. At least not for around $110.

Ahhh yessss.....
It's the bottom of the 10th in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, and the New York Mets are just one strike away from once again losing their championship dreams. With two men on, Mookie Wilson steps up to bat and hits a slow grounder that, in any other game, would have been an easy out. But this was the World Series where the pressure of the moment or the Curse of the Bambino caused the slow grounder to trickle through Boston Red Sox's first baseman Bill Buckner's legs allowing the winning run in. Buckner's error, one of the most lasting and memorable moments in baseball history, forced the series to a seventh game where the New York Mets finally laid claim to their second World Series championship since 1969.

This fantastic 8x10 photograph of the error that saved a franchise was hand signed by both Mookie Wilson and Bill Buckner and includes a Steiner Sports Certificate of Authenticity.

Another still festive, yet less costly, holiday gift: An assortment of SPAM, together with a 100% cotton SPAM-emblazoned T-shirt, and a Boxing Nun puppet doll. Let me know if you need a website for the Boxing Nun. These can be somewhat scarce, and thus a challenge to find during the holidays.

Either way - one of these heart-felt ideas is sure to land you in love city.

No need to thank me. That is my gift to you.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: the Bill Buckner memorabilia is great ! Too bad no one realizes he was actually a very good player who's career will be defined by his brain cramp during game 6 LOL

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
decided on sirius satellite radio reciever and service and a waterproof olympus digital camera. Cant go wrong since i can use both hahahahaha. Now to get for all the "other" people.