The Official Chewing Tobacco thread

Taylor's Pride

Awards
Hailing from North Carolina, I love some good 'ol chew. Through I might see if there was any other chewers on the site, so we could discuss personal favorites and such. As you can probably tell from my name I am rather fond of Taylor's Pride. Have always liked Red Man as well, Silver Blend especially. I just picked up some Red Man Plug and really enjoy it, good bit of nicotine too. A great tobacconist to check out is The Gatlinburlier. Google it, I highly reccomend the Hickory Twist and their Peach Chew. About to place another big order here soon. They have some of the best chew around, the quality of the leaves have not been surpassed by anything I've ever had...yet. Anyways, take care all.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
Dip or CHEW?? I'm a yank and while I used to enjoy redman while playing baseball, I'm more a fan of skoal and kodiak

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Started when i was 6 on Skoal and after the nausea and light headednes I went through I should have stopped then.Chewed Hawken,Gold River,RedMan,Grainger Select,BeachNut, and many others.At around 13 yrs old Copenhagen for 15 years then switched to RedSeal because of price for a couple years. Then I quit buying for 2 years(bummed periodically from my friends) and then Last year at this time started my second job and it became a full fledged habit AGAIN.I now chew TimberWolf Straight.I want to quit but I have 2 problems 1) I like it and 2) My willpower is lacking in this area.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Youngest kid on the block and trying to fit in.Well the older kids actually thought it was funny.What I still dont understand is why in the 70s they would sell this stuff to me.Also When I Was A Kid Snuff Was Only 25 Cents boy does that make me feel like my father,LOL

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Youngest kid on the block and trying to fit in.Well the older kids actually thought it was funny.What I still dont understand is why in the 70s they would sell this stuff to me.Also When I Was A Kid Snuff Was Only 25 Cents boy does that make me feel like my father,LOL
That's a long time to have been dipping. I do it once or twice a day, and I am also a big fan of the timberwolf straight.

Taylor's Pride

Awards
Well, I pretty much figured most of the guys on here would dip, but I chew personally. 6 years old is crazy, I first tried it when I was 15.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Stopped me from smoking.

Skoal wintergreen pouches. I know..I know.. im not hardcore like you guys

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I love to dip Kodiac Ice.

I recently saw "Spitless" tabacco - Supossedly it is called "Revel"

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
wow what a thread!! love it. I too started young...9 or 10...stole some "happy days" from a friend's dad. god it was horrible. Was a skoal man for while, thought mint was greatest thing in the world when it first came.out. then it was "the bear" (ie kodiak) for a while...long long while...now i'm a Grizzly wintergreen man. If you like kodiak grizzly is pretty good...not as strong but your jaw doesn't feel like its going to off after a couple of cans. I just spit out my night cap and am about to hit the hay. its leg day tommorow and I'm going for 1100 on the leg press...need my beauty sleep

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Cope is still my fav. But recently I've been sticking with Skoal Peach. I know it's kind of the pvssy of all dip, but the taste is unbeleivable.

wait, i mean, ewww, thats gross.

sailor

Awards
Got in my first 'prilla' of swedish snus. So far I like it, I dont dip (only chew) so i dont know how it compares to that. Its a pretty cool tobacco product. Supposed to be much safer than dip or chew I believe. Right now I have in General Portion, but I also got a can of loose and will give that a go soon. Buzz and flavor are mild yet noticeable. Will let yall know some more soon.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Sailor, is that the stuff made form tea leaves with added nicotine? I read an article about a guy who developed something called Blue Whale that is just that, and how he went thorugh stuff like asparagus and a few other things but ended up with tea leaves, nictoine and flavoring...

The basic premise is to get oyur nicotine fix and the oral fixation while dramatically diminishing the carsinogens and other cancer causing agents.

I jsut can't seem to find the stuff. Anyone tried it? I know there has been tobacco free snuff out there for a while, but this is with added nicotine, so it's a little different...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
This guy, supposedly from europe told me they have an equivalent to copenhagen but it has ginger and other spices in it and apparently over there they put it in their top lip.

I like coppenhagen short for dip and for chew redman.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Cope short, for serious? Cope long cut is so god damn short to begin with, I can only imagine what the short cut is like!!!

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
levi garret for chew

skoal wintergreen long cut

but will always be a loya cope man even though i cant dip it nomore.. it helped me through a long year in Iraq and kept me sane.... theresnothing like the feeling of a headrush from cop and the adrenaline rush of being shot at or finding urself in a not so friendly situation

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
I was sitting down watching Benny Hill on the USS Saipan around 1981 with a fresh dip. We were crossing the Atlantic and hit heavy seas. I dont know if it was the dip or the storm but I lost it and havent done it since.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
I was sitting down watching Benny Hill on the USS Saipan around 1981 with a fresh dip. We were crossing the Atlantic and hit heavy seas. I dont know if it was the dip or the storm but I lost it and havent done it since.
Probably both. Last time I was sea sick was a MORF regatta im Chitown..last race of the season and we were the committee boat...hours and hours being anchored during choppy water. I puked like 20 times.

After awhile all that came up was yellow bile. Everyone was pointing and laughing as they came across the finish line. *******s.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I had comsumed to much vitamin M before a rugby game and decided i needed a stimulant a threw in a dip. It got ugly after the pasties kicked in, i have asthma after living in a moldy house, the combination of burning lungs sucking back air, lips stuck to gums, throat sticking to itself, smallpieces of copenhagen chocking me, extreme thirst, getting hit.... made me take a month off of dip.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
yeh they do stick stick the dip in the top lip in europe. My wife is swedish and here dad dips. the stuff is horrible though. I was jonesin for a dip while i was over there and i couldn't even handle the smell of it...so gross...it's an extemely fine cut...more then cope and it gooey as hell...just a$$ if you ask me

anadrol75

Awards
I quit going on two years. Still crave that stuff. Especially when I'm jacked off stims. I dipped Kodiak wintergreen. man I'm thinkin about it now!

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
the bear calls....the bear the bear the bear:stick:

Taylor's Pride

Awards
Well recieved a huge order from The Gatlinburlier about a week ago so I figure I'll write up a few reviews. Will list chew, their description, then my thoughts.

Special Peach Chew
-Naturally sweetened with Georgia Peach juices, still our best seller.
-- Effing delicious, probably my favorite of theirs, great moist chew

Connecticut Broadleaf
-An "Old Time" lightly flavored chew with more of a natural taste. (Like the old Beechnut)
--Big fan of this one, more natural tobacco taste, less sweet, but still sweet enough, very good, can see the Beech-nut comparison

Juicy Chew
-Fruit and Maple flavored. Favored by Red Man Golden Blend & some Lancaster guys.
--Loved it, very moist chew, and def. has hints of Red Man, but less bite, pretty sweet, very good

Mountain Man Chaw
-NEW...A Great all around flavor.
--Very similar to the juicy chew but not quite as sweet, loved it

Rocking Chair Chew
-A long lasting flavor with a hint of Date, Walnut, & Honey ~ very Red Mannish!
--Def. reminds me of Red Man, very good, again similar to juicy and Mountain Man

New Dew Chew
-A hint of Vanilla, clean, moist and flavorful.
--Biggest suprise of the batch, didn't think it would be too great but I enjoyed it very much, vanilla is def. noticeable

Nuts-To-You Chew
-Natural Leaf with a light Butter Pecan flavor, not too sweet. (Similiar to Java Chew)
--Only had one chew before I sold it to a friend, but it was very good, i really enjoyed the change of pace from the sweet chews, def. noticed the nutty flavor, good stuff

Hillbilly Chaw
-Our blend of tropical fruit flavors.
--Honestly, I was very dissapointed with this chew, pretty sweet but, it smells like and kind of tastes like play-doh (remember the crap you played w/ as a kid)

Big Orange Chew
-Just like it's name, it's Big, it's Orange, and it's Chewey.
--Not too impressed with this either, similar after taste as Hillbilly, but not as bad, not too orangey

Johnny Applesweet
-A blend of a sweet apple & Granny Smith. Our tasty reminder of Autumn in the Smokies.
--Only had two of this so far, verdict still out, pretty sweet, apple flavor is somewhat noticeable, not as good as I was expecting however

Twist O' Hickory
-Hickory Smoked. No Sweet.
--This is twist-tobacco, not loose-leaf like the others. Honestly this is def. a contender for my favorite. Like the description says its not sweet at all, but smoked, reminds me of sitting around campfires, nicotine stronger than in the loose-leaf chews

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
the whole leaf stuff just doesn't pack the same punch for me as the long cut's. I'll get some beachnut everynow and then when i'm road tripping buts thats it and it always leaves me wanting for something stronger. Maybe I have to try Twist O' Hickory for a little more punch. Always loved peach though definitley going to pick up some special peach

Taylor's Pride

Awards
Ryano, Beech-nut makes a wintergreen as does the tobacconist I get my stuff from. I've only had the Beech-nut and honestly i dont like it, but if you dip wintergreen then you might.

Taylor's Pride

Awards
Vicarious, you can't go wrong with the twist, or the peach. I actually enjoy putting in some of the twist and then just a bit of the peach, to get a smokey-sweet combination, good stuff. You might get a bit of a buzz of the twist, a friend of mine who only dipped before he met me(slowly converting him to chew) tried a bit of the twist and was buzzing pretty good. Also, as far as commercial stuff, I've found Red Man Golden Blend and Silver Blend have a bit more nicotine than average.

Taylor's Pride

Awards
Thought I'd try and keep this alive. Haven't been chewing as much since Im home but picked up a pack of Work Horse a week or so ago and am very impressed. Highest nicotine content of any commercial stuff I've experienced. Flavor is good, not too sweet, and it has some bite to it. Just a reccomendation as far as the chew from the tobacconist I order from (see previous posts), I've since gone through or gave away/sold all of that and my top five reccomendations would have to be (in no particular order): Special Peach, Rocking Chair, Connecticut Broad Leaf, Nuts to You, and New Dew, and hell actually you need to try the Hickory Twist too.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Cherry Skoal...

doesn't tear my lip up like Kodiak and has a good taste

Wish I could find a way to quit, but I just enjoy it too much.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No dip for me anymore, Redman Silver/Golden blend from time to time. Receding gum lines and gum disease aren't worth it IMO, after dealing with the public for a few years gingivitis looks and smells horrible but I still enjoy it often as long as I use in moderation. I used to love some Copenhagen but I got a few salivary stones and gravitated away from it. You apparently enjoy it quite a bit, your screename is a brand of chewing tobacco or is that just coincidence?