Want to get out of Cingular contract. Please help me fast! - AnabolicMinds.com

Want to get out of Cingular contract. Please help me fast!

1. Banned
    Answers

Want to get out of Cingular contract. Please help me fast!

Ok so I signed one of those two year contract dealies a little over a year and a half ago. I don't like the plan I currently have and I have the oppurtunity now to get 20% off a verizon contract. I have been researching methods of getting out of my contract with no early termination fee and here is what I have come up with so far:

Option 1
    I heard that if you call Cingular and tell them that you're moving to Europe that they will waive the early termination fee because they don't provide serviece there.

Option 2
    IDK if this would work but when I first got my contract it said the I'd have to pay $150 for the early termination fee, but now on their website it says that I'd have to pay $175. Could I get out of the contract like this because they changed the agreement?

Option 3
    I came up with this one. I currently don't live in a prorated area which means I'd only have to pay like $40 to cancel my contract which I wouldn't mind paying. I was thinking that even though I don't live in one of those areas if I called and asked to speak to a supervisor that maybe I could get them to give me the prorated one anyway. What do you guys think about that?

Option 4
    I was reading that if you ask them to produce a signed contract and they fail to do so the most they can hold you to is a year and since I'm already passed that I could just cancel it. IDK about this one though. I doubt that it would actually work

So thats what I have. I really need help fast on this because I want to cancel it ASAP. Thanks for any help.

-blah

2. New Member
    Answers

I'm in the same situation,just that I only have till Jan. for contract to expire.I didn't know all those options existed.All I can say is never again.
    Last summer got my phone wet and it stopped working for a while(started again tho) and those people at Cingular were most unhelpful.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

I've had soldiers tell them they are deploying to Iraq for a year.. dont remember the outcome but u can try it.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

1 .. might work i don't know
    2 .. i guarantee the contract has a provision for rate increases
    3 .. highly doubt it
    4 .. almost definitely will not work
  5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wrkn4bigrmusles
    I've had soldiers tell them they are deploying to Iraq for a year.. dont remember the outcome but u can try it.
    Type up some orders in Word and fax it to them saying you are deploying. They cannot call the DoD to verify it.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Answers

When I came to Europe they just needed my orders to cancel... though mine was sprint. If you try to type up your own... better make it look official... and hope they dont some how catch wind. Thats a huge case of fraud there.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    Type up some orders in Word and fax it to them saying you are deploying. They cannot call the DoD to verify it.
    i would under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do this .. you are simply asking for trouble .. and if they pursue legal action NO COURT will show any leniency with fake deployment papers and a complete disrespect for the armed forces
  8. Registered User
    Answers

just realized the guy's banned anyway
  9. Elite Member
    Answers

Option 5: Honor the contract you made.
  10. Board Supporter
    Answers

He's banned, but...

Contracts without a legal signature offer many great loopholes to those who would do such a thing. I do believe there have been recent laws on this matter, though.
  11. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    He's banned, but...

Contracts without a legal signature offer many great loopholes to those who would do such a thing. I do believe there have been recent laws on this matter, though.
    I know, I'm a lawyer. My point wasn't about legal obligations, it was about moral ones.

He never indicated that he was somehow deceived into entering this contract or couldn't honor it because of circumstances beyond his control....he just wanted out.

Honor is a gift one gives oneself. Make a contract. Honor it. I'd rather be a man about my responsibilities than look for loopholes to get me out of them.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

I'm with YR on this one. A man only has his word in this world. Break that & you aren't a man.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pscychiatrist appt soon...want to get most out of it
    By indianballer in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 08:58 PM
  3. Hi Please help! Want to get ripped.
    By AdamSweeting in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 01:40 PM
  5. Christmas Out-Of-Gym Exercises (please help)
    By marius in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 08:50 PM