motivation....please help

  1. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0

    motivation....please help


    Hello all. Let me start off by saying this. I am having a very difficult time with this. Here goes....

    age: 32
    ht: 5'11
    wt: 205
    training: 5yrs.

    basically, i have lifted pretty serious for the last 5 yrs on and off.....but as of the last year, i havent done squat in terms of lifting and getting in the gym. Here is a rundown of my job and typical day.....

    i teach high school and coach varsity football.

    - i teach all day from 8:00 - 3:00. As soon as school is over, i head to football practice (which is a grueling 3 hr practice. We dont play around...very good. State championship team last year and 36-2 last three yrs., just to give u an idea.). So, once football practice is over @ 6pm, we meet as a staff for 30 min, then i get home around 7. Guys, i am nasty, dirty, tired, etc..i am sometimes just so happy to get my butt home, that i dont have any motivation to hit the gym, although i want to so badly, im just wayyyy tired. And by the time i get out of the gym, it would be 9, not that it really matters, but u get the idea.

    Does anyone else have a similar schedule and deal with this?
    What do u do to help u get in the gym 3x a week?
    whats your motivation?
    please help me.

    p.s. I really cant get up in the mornings, i have tried that, but may have to try again i suppose.....

    thanks for listening

  2. Registered User
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0

    I am currently in Iraq, averaging around 15-16 hr days. I just go and work out mate. My workout lasts 40 min. Can you not work out prior to the start of the day, or during your lunch break ( I am sure there is a gym at the school) and football season is not very long as I recall either.
  3. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0

    Well, i cant workout during lunch because we only get 30min, so that is out of the question. As for football being short. I guess it is, if you only win a few games a year, but we went 15-0 last year, which encompasses from August - december (5 months). These are the months that i have diffuculty with. Basically, i am just going to have to gruel it out. Thanks irish
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jet11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56
    Answers
    0

    when your coaching football can you get in on it, be more hands on so your at least getting some exercise in at the same time. maybe participate with the kids when your bossing them around ....its better than nothing.. then hit pushups between classes adn hit the gym on the weekends... its not the same as bb'ing, but at least its something to keep the muscles stimulated
  5. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jet11
    when your coaching football can you get in on it, be more hands on so your at least getting some exercise in at the same time. maybe participate with the kids when your bossing them around ....its better than nothing.. then hit pushups between classes adn hit the gym on the weekends... its not the same as bb'ing, but at least its something to keep the muscles stimulated
    Yea, im basically just gonna have to suck it up and do this. When football is over, have my bag packed with my preworkout drink, etc, and just go to the gym right after staff meetings.....dont even go home to change, because the possibility of staying once u get home....well, u guys know. Ive gotta suck it up...

    more feedback and opinions are appreciated.

    thanks
  6. Registered User
    rysigpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    933
    Answers
    0

    I know most highschool teachers do not teach each period of school. So maybe if you have 3rd period with no class you can go hit the gym, or maybe you use that as conference time?
  7. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Answers
    0

    Just an observation, but there's two kinds of people in the weightlifting world: Those who lift in their spare time, and those who make time to lift. Unfortunately, it's only one of these people reaping the results.

    Try scheduling in a time that you will lift each day. Think of showing up to your workouts like going to work or like your players showing up to practice. Do you ever just stay in, and not go to work because you're simply 'not feeling up to it' that particular day? If one of your players told you that they didn't show up to practice because they didn't feel like it, what would you do?

    I really cant get up in the mornings, i have tried that, but may have to try again i suppose.....
    Not to say it's normal, but I get up at 3:45am to lift. If you were to tell me that 5 years ago, I would've looked at you and laughed; waking up early just takes some getting used to. Plan out your days, f*ck watching prime-time dramas (go to bed early), and good things will come.

    Good Luck,
    thesinner
  8. Registered User
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0

    I work 3 jobs and I go to school and although dead tired could describe me at times, I make the gym a "me" time...Everyday for anywhere from an hour, to 2 depending on what I am doing I get my butt to the gym, late days, sure, dead tired hell yes but when I look in the mirror and see how much change I have done....well to me it's all that matters....

    good luck
    RIP Ryan, :(
  9. Gold Member
    xxtruxx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    999
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt
    What do u do to help u get in the gym 3x a week?
    whats your motivation?
    please help me.
    First, hey bro! lol. Second, I'm going to give you an idea of my schedule so you know I can see where you're coming from. On most days I have class from 8:30am-4:00pm with some breaks in between (later on some days). I usually hit the gym around 6pm. Then I have work from 8pm-5am at the hospital. I'm basically a pre-med student which I guess should explain the ****ty schedule.

    That being said, I hit the gym 4x/week. Now, I could easily sleep (well maybe not easily cause I'm an insomniac lol), but I could rest I guess you could say. My motivation is as follows (in no specific order):

    1. Stress/emotional relief.
    2. Training for fighting (MMA).
    3. Making ex gf extremely jealous. I make it my personal goal to better myself when we break up. As she worsens herself (let's herself go) I better myself & when she sees me, she always looks like a deer caught in headlights. It's priceless.
    5. Upping my "stock". A business major friend of mine says since I'm single, I'm upping my personal value or overall rating on the bachelor scale.
    6. Strength. I love to see how far I can push myself in the gym.
    7. Respect for myself & my health. I don't want to be like the rest of the people around me indulging in unhealthy vices. I do have my own, but this helps me keep them in check.
    8. Reaching goals is very fulfilling. Specially body modification/strength goals in the gym.
    9. Helps keep me level-headed.
    10. Keeps me emotionally stable & always, no matter what, makes me feel better. It is MY version of the Spa.

    I guess that's pretty much why I do it & my motivation.
  10. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xxtruxx1
    First, hey bro! lol. Second, I'm going to give you an idea of my schedule so you know I can see where you're coming from. On most days I have class from 8:30am-4:00pm with some breaks in between (later on some days). I usually hit the gym around 6pm. Then I have work from 8pm-5am at the hospital. I'm basically a pre-med student which I guess should explain the ****ty schedule.

    That being said, I hit the gym 4x/week. Now, I could easily sleep (well maybe not easily cause I'm an insomniac lol), but I could rest I guess you could say. My motivation is as follows (in no specific order):

    1. Stress/emotional relief.
    2. Training for fighting (MMA).
    3. Making ex gf extremely jealous. I make it my personal goal to better myself when we break up. As she worsens herself (let's herself go) I better myself & when she sees me, she always looks like a deer caught in headlights. It's priceless.
    5. Upping my "stock". A business major friend of mine says since I'm single, I'm upping my personal value or overall rating on the bachelor scale.
    6. Strength. I love to see how far I can push myself in the gym.
    7. Respect for myself & my health. I don't want to be like the rest of the people around me indulging in unhealthy vices. I do have my own, but this helps me keep them in check.
    8. Reaching goals is very fulfilling. Specially body modification/strength goals in the gym.
    9. Helps keep me level-headed.
    10. Keeps me emotionally stable & always, no matter what, makes me feel better. It is MY version of the Spa.

    I guess that's pretty much why I do it & my motivation.

    thanks all...especially xxtruxxx....u hit it on the head....no excuse....just get it done. tired of feeling this way. After reading these posts, basically get my mind made up....thanks

    p.s. u in gainesville? i teach/coach in st.augustine.

    later
  11. Gold Member
    xxtruxx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    999
    Answers
    0

    Yes sir. If you ain't a gator, you're gator bait . I actually used to head to St. Augustine for some weekend. Nice city to take a break & relax at.

    Get er' done!

    EDIT: I just noticed I skipped 4 lol. Damn insomnia. Anyways, 4. So I would look good as party boy for halloween (twas fun).
    Last edited by xxtruxx1; 11-06-2006 at 11:22 PM.
  12. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xxtruxx1
    Yes sir. If you ain't a gator, you're gator bait . I actually used to head to St. Augustine for some weekend. Nice city to take a break & relax at.

    Get er' done!

    EDIT: I just noticed I skipped 4 lol. Damn insomnia. Anyways, 4. So I would look good as party boy for halloween (twas fun).
    xxx, could u list your current diet? Supplements, Maybe your ht/wt, total cals, macros....etc.....anything u want to give

    p.s....yea, st.aug, is pretty kick a##....i love living here.

    thanks
  13. Gold Member
    xxtruxx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    999
    Answers
    0

    Diet I can't really post (it's hand written & not on my comp).
    Supplements: I'm finishing up a Test Prop/Tren Ace/T3 cycle this week & heading into post cycle therapy on Monday. Besides that I normally supplement with CLA, Glutamine, Creatine, NO2, etc. The usual stuff.
    Height: 6 ft
    Weight: Last I checked 181.8lbs (Have been as high as 197.2 with 12.4% during bulking. The goal of the cycle was to cut. Starting weight I believe was about 190lbs give or take.) That's me in the avy about 2 weeks ago or so, nothing compared to Ubi lol.
    BF%: 10.5% last time I got it checked (last week)
    Total cals: Taking in about ~3500kcal/day. Some days more, some less depending on the schedule.
    Macros: Breakdown is as follows...45% protein 40% carbs 15% fats (mostly EFA's from flax/enova oil & almonds & the such). This means you could probably make a shake out of my **** lol. Sorry for the graphic picture.

    Oh yea, I get 1 cheat meal every 2 days.

    Hope that helps.

    God, is it me or is Biochem a boring class?
  14. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xxtruxx1
    Diet I can't really post (it's hand written & not on my comp).
    Supplements: I'm finishing up a Test Prop/Tren Ace/T3 cycle this week & heading into post cycle therapy on Monday. Besides that I normally supplement with CLA, Glutamine, Creatine, NO2, etc. The usual stuff.
    Height: 6 ft
    Weight: Last I checked 181.8lbs (Have been as high as 197.2 with 12.4% during bulking. The goal of the cycle was to cut. Starting weight I believe was about 190lbs give or take.) That's me in the avy about 2 weeks ago or so, nothing compared to Ubi lol.
    BF%: 10.5% last time I got it checked (last week)
    Total cals: Taking in about ~3500kcal/day. Some days more, some less depending on the schedule.
    Macros: Breakdown is as follows...45% protein 40% carbs 15% fats (mostly EFA's from flax/enova oil & almonds & the such). This means you could probably make a shake out of my **** lol. Sorry for the graphic picture.

    Oh yea, I get 1 cheat meal every 2 days.

    Hope that helps.

    God, is it me or is Biochem a boring class?
    How long was your testprop/trenace/t3 cycle bro? I was looking into something along these lines sooner or later. Heck, pm or shoot me your email, i would like to ask you a few questions if that is cool? (i tried to PM you , but i couldnt)

    thanks
  15. Gold Member
    xxtruxx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    999
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt
    How long was your testprop/trenace/t3 cycle bro? I was looking into something along these lines sooner or later. Heck, pm or shoot me your email, i would like to ask you a few questions if that is cool? (i tried to PM you , but i couldnt)

    thanks
    Cycle was 12 weeks I believe? I planned 10, but I love being on lol.

    You have to be a supporting member to have PM. You can catch me on AIM at xxtruxx1 if you have it. My screen name is always online, but I'm not always around. Even if you see I'm away just shoot me an IM cause I might just be there. Life is unpredictable lol.
  16. Registered User
    Irish_Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    40
    Posts
    318
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by xxtruxx1
    Yes sir. If you ain't a gator, you're gator bait . I actually used to head to St. Augustine for some weekend. Nice city to take a break & relax at.

    Get er' done!

    EDIT: I just noticed I skipped 4 lol. Damn insomnia. Anyways, 4. So I would look good as party boy for halloween (twas fun).
    FSU mate! St. Augustine is a grand little town indeed.
  17. Gold Member
    xxtruxx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    999
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Rogue
    FSU mate! St. Augustine is a grand little town indeed.
    I'll give it to you guys, you've got the girls & the parties, but we're superior in athletics & academics .

    No one throws it down like FSU though.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. please help with this calorie intake
    By madmuscle in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 06:57 AM
  2. 4Aderm & Noraderm Dosing Questions. Please Help.
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 03:44 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 01:06 PM
  4. No appetite :( (please help)
    By baham99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 02:43 AM
  5. fina dmso? please help
    By KAROCK97 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 03:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in