Supplements for post surgery and recovery

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Alrighty guy's, it's time to start getting my information together and I need your help. I'm going in for abdominoplasty and gyno surgery on Dec. 16, and I want to know ANYBODY'S input as to what would be the best supps to take for a speedy recovery. Keep in mind that both procedures will not be that invasive thanks to the sh!t load of work I've been doing in the gym over the past 7yrs, so time off of the gym will not be hinder that long(I think).I just want all the help I can get in making the best out of my recovery and my results. I now IGF has been touted as great for recovery, but I don't know if it would be of any use for the extent of what I'll have done, also there's pgh which might be a possiblility. That being said I still want some of this board's knowledge as to what my best choices should/could be.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Rest & stay away from added stresses to your body. Just let your body heal, bro.

Try a healthier diet & if you don't already, take vitamins & minerals, etc.

No need for IgF-Lr3/pGH.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey truxx thanks for the reply. The diet has always been in check, may add alittle extra protein to help recovery though. Rest and relaxation is a given.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
Man, I had this exact same question a few months ago on a different board. I cant remember what was suggested exactly, but Ill go back and look for it.

Jason

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
Heres what I found:

Arginine/Lysine 3x per day
Grapeseed Extract 3x per day
MSM 300 mg 3x per day
Vitamin c 5-10 grams per day
Glucosamine + Chondroiton 3x per day
Taurine 4 grams per day
Glutamine 20 grams per day
Milk Thistle 2x per day
Lecithin 5 grams per day
Bromelain on an empty stomach 2-3x per day

--high dose proteolytic enzymes (see below)

--EPA/DHA at least 3g/day This and the GLA are here for their anti-inflammatory effects.

--GLA (from EPO/borage seed oil/black currant seed oil) 500- 1000 mg/day

--good multi e.g. one with at least a “B-25” or “B-50” I usually use twinlab daily one or daily two without iron.

The proteolytic enzymes are probably the most important part. They are excellent at reducing inflammation. I use cytolyse (great product, typical MLM company) which is only available to docs (you might try google though). Wobenzyme which you can get from I-herb works almost as well.

CAVEAT: do not take the enzymes if you have an ulcer and stop taking if you experience stomach upset (not very common).

Hope this helps.

Jason

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks Jason that helps. It's weird that they recommend anti-inflammatory supps, as I was under the impersonation that thinning blood would increase healing time. The doc himself was very strict about avoiding EFA's and other type supps before the surgery. Hmmmm,:think: I'll have to look into it some more.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Jason that helps. It's weird that they recommend anti-inflammatory supps, as I was under the impersonation that thinning blood would increase healing time. The doc himself was very strict about avoiding EFA's and other type supps before the surgery. Hmmmm,:think: I'll have to look into it some more.
Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. Those supps are for POST surgery, once most of the bleeding has stopped. Definitely stop any blood thinning supps at least a week prior to the surgery. No aspirin, fish oil, etc. It will cause you to bleed alot more during and after surgery, which can impede healing. Also, I didnt mention it in my above post, but make sure you are in a bit of a caloric surplus, and dont really limit food choices, as far as protein and veggies go.

Jason

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification.