Is anyone a doorman or in security?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.5%

Is anyone a doorman or in security?

i was just offered a job at a night club and will be starting very soon. i was just hoping that there might be some people with experience that may have tips or info that may be helpful for someone just starting out in this type of job.

i have a couple friends who are bouncers and they have given a bit of help... but they are kinda retarded and are the type who are itching to scrap all the time and throw someone out by givin em a right cross and then dragging em out... i am hoping that some of ya can give your favorite removal methods and such.. (full nelson, headlock, unconcious, ect...)
    the kind that don't result in an assult charge are most appealing to me

thanks bros

2. The Axe Man Cometh!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

find a Ju Jitsu dojo and ask about the bouncers walk or grab, basically you have thier arm bent upwards and thier wrist pressed downwards, puts them in much pain without causing injury and you keep one arm free
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.64%

I did did tons of concert security in the Detroit area and it was a blast. I dont believe in striking unless things are way out of hand.
    I like to tie em up and choke until situation is resolved.
    I hate the typical tough guy attitude "Bouncers" too. Your there for everyone safety, not to punch drunks and joke with the other doormen.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

PM Wardog bro
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.81%

Originally posted by jweave23
    PM Wardog bro
    Speaking of wardog, where is that guy? Haven't seen him in a while.
  6. The Axe Man Cometh!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

Originally posted by dieseldude
    I did did tons of concert security in the Detroit area and it was a blast. I dont believe in striking unless things are way out of hand.
    I like to tie em up and choke until situation is resolved.
    I hate the typical tough guy attitude "Bouncers" too. Your there for everyone safety, not to punch drunks and joke with the other doormen.
    Exactly, that is why it is important to know how to put someone in pain without injuring them and also to protect yourself. People get drunk and the beer muscles come out and they think they can take on anyone, usually it is the bouncer they go after first. One time I lost it and put a guy through a wall. He didn't get hurt too bad but I got fired, with good reason, as a bouncer you cant lose your temper. So I would say learn some wrist holds, some arm locks, and some blood chokes. Good luck with the job.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.89%

Originally posted by Draven

Speaking of wardog, where is that guy? Haven't seen him in a while.
    just a little busy lately, I think he's got some extra things at his job going on, but I've seen him around some the past week or so.

And yes, the "tough guy" bouncers are a joke: they are there to make sure everyone can safely have a good time, not bully the drunks (although some really do need some bullying sometimes!)
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.5%

Originally posted by dieseldude
    I dont believe in striking unless things are way out of hand.
    Absolutely. It's a little cheesy, but Patrick Swayze's attitude in Roadhouse is right on. Above all, be nice. (Until it's time to not be nice.) You are an employee, there to make sure that things do not get out of hand. 9 times out of 10, just keeping your eyes and ears open, and intervening in a situation before a fight begins will result in non-violence. I help my buddy Adam out on occasion in "working the bar", just making sure that everyone is having a good time, and keeping an eye out for troublemakers. Keep in mind that it's also your job (Not just the bartenders--And if they think it is, then get a job somewhere else.) to control the flow of alcohol. If someone is getting too drunk, make sure the bartender cuts them off.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.5%

thanks for all your replys guy... i just finished my 2nd night of work, it is pretty mellow and pretty much what i expected. nuthin to bad has gone on yet... had to toss a few guys but no fights yet... so we'll see how things go
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

HEy Nick, Im from the Vancouver area bro, what club are you bouncing at? A couple friends of mine bounce at Number 7 Alexander, in Gastown.

Peace

Bone
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30%

Originally posted by Bone
    in Gastown.

Beautiful neighbourhood
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.5%

it is called Gotchas... it is in Kelowna
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.87%

Wardog will be back soon bro's.....and I agree, be nice up until the last minute. Never take it personal, be professional at all times. Watch your corners and don't be a hero.
  14. AlexParty

I got in a fight with a bouncer, does that count?
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.5%

only if you think it does
  16. AlexParty

lol
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

outside my reg. job, i work security for a car cruise every weekend. my boss's are good friends with all of the cops there. so, if a situation occurs, i have the ultimate say-so of what to do. im not an a$$hole, so i just go with the flow until i feel that either im being threatened, or someone else is. then i just do what i have to do. only had one occurrence that happened, but as soon as i got up in the guys face, he kinda sobered up a bit.

just make sure that u mean business, and usually that will be of help(pre-brawl,of course).
  18. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.12%

Bouncing 101 here for ya boys.

#1 Always approach and talk to the guy one on one. Whisper to him, or gently pull him aside without causing an issue and without showing him up in front of his friends. NO ONE likes to be embarassed in front of their buddies, and you can eliminate 99% of all issues by being subtile, as well as not making them look stupid in front of their friends.

#2 If they decide to argue, keep solid eye contact, and do NOT step back, maintain your position. This gives you the appearance of strength. Appearing hesitant, or moving back, will give them courage to push the issue further.

#3 If the time comes they move into your space, or raise their hands..strike first. My strike is 99% of the time a throat grab, stepping forward, placing my leg behind theirs, and pushing them by the throat. They will usually go right down, then you control the situation, so game over. Get them out as quickly as possible, and make sure someone is watching your back for you.

Never drink on the job. I have an agreement with the bartender, there is a bottle of Jack Daniels that is filled with flat coke. When someone buys me a drink (which many do where I work) She always pours me a shot of this "whiskey" LOL. They think they bought me a drink, and I stay sober and straight. For me it works well.

Keep an eye out for clothing that doesnt match the season. A guy wearing a heavy jacket in summer, may be packing. Keep an eye on him. Also, when people are wearing jackets that are unzipped or open, see how they hang. If there is a gun in one pocket, one side will hang lower than the other.

Always keep an eye on everybody, and get to know your bartenders well. They know how much they have served, and will often ask you to keep an eye on someone. Usually they will know before you will..who may be an issue, so learn to communicate with them often, and catch their eye every few minutes, just to make sure everything is okay.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.5%

thanks Wardog... i like a jd idea... haha

so far it has been a mellow job and all conflicts that i have dealt with have all ended without force. hopefully things will continue this way... but with summer comin up i doubt it.

thanks for the info bro
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.63%

AWSOME POST wardog .!!!! great info ,.!!! thanks
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.77%

Definitely informative...makes ya remember to put a few lbs. in the other pocket to even out the weight.
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

well, so much for my bouncing job. this is the second weekend in a row that the car cruise got cancelled due to rain.

i actually might go for a club job now. they seem to be a lot less boring. not that looking at chevelle's, camaro's, etc. isnt fun tho.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
  2. Is anyone interested in a sd/trn log
    By mixedup in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
  3. Is it just Az or people in warmer climates in general?
    By Frank Reynolds in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 11:14 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 04:12 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 11:12 PM