Saw 3 discussion *possible spoilers* dont look if you have not seen the movie

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i saw saw 3 on opening day and i can say that i am very disappointed. in contrast to the first 2, the series went big budget and it took the edginess out of the film. the death "games" were so elaborate it was retarded. the first saw consisted of 2 guys shackled to a wall, the simplicity was believable and disturbing. in this one there is these complex machines that took away from the story line and movied the movie towards visual effects but made it much lest psychologically disturbing to me. they tried to make the deaths so gruesome that they forgot about what really made the first 2 saws awesome, the storyline, and of course gore too. but you got to have both.

the whole beginning of the movie could have been cut out because it was pointless. the deaths were extraneous and the death devices were way to complicated anyway. since when did jigsaw become a millionaire to build all this ****. i guess when lions gate realized that saw was a box office draw. i could go on and on and pick this movie apart but all in all i give it a thumbs down which is a shame because i loved the first ones.

alot of the death seens i could see ways out of.

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
Saw III was more of a relationship movie with out giving too much away.. The deaths were ok... the ending was good... but not the best.. the could have cut out the first 30... Seems like they just had the ending and just made the movie around that. would not pay movie prices to see it

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure there is going to be a 4th

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I remember hearing there will be 5 in total. I've not seen the third and frankly after the second one I don't want to see another.

The whole point to the 'games' was supposed to be that the victims could save themselves if they had the will to do so but think about it, cut off your foot and you'll die of bloodloss way before you get help and the second film killed a bunch of people (who had no chance of surviving) in the game just to get one man. I'll be honest, I liked the first one but only because of the occasional line that I thought was funny plus the ending.

They would have to totally change the format/story to grab my interest again.