Is it magic

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
People have a tendancy to select certain numbers/letters when they're suggested things, maybe the examples they give at each stage are subliminal messages in a way...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
People have a tendancy to select certain numbers/letters when they're suggested things, maybe the examples they give at each stage are subliminal messages in a way...
11-2=9
12-3=9
13-4=9
24-6=18
25-7=18
26-8=18
37=10=27
38-11=27
39-12=27
87-15=72

See a pattern? Whenever you do this equation it will always work out to multiple of 9. The number in the tens column times 9 is always the result I believe, and if you look at the chart at the end all those numbers have the same symbol. Just click until the end and pick a multiple of 9 and the same thing will happen. The number you think of is the one that stays in your head really, and you're thinking "How did they guess that..." when they really didn't. They just worked it so they'd always know the answer of the operation regardless of which 2 digit number you picked.

Think about it this way:

31=30+1
32=30+2
33=30+3

They ask you to add the two together, so they're asking you to factor it like this, divide 30/10 and add it to the other factor. The first factor will stay constant for each ten digit range in the tens (3 for 30-39) but the second factor keeps going up by one. So as a series everytime you pick a higher number, say 37 instead of 32, you're going to end adding and subtracting to the same number no matter. Or not the same number so to speak, but the exact amount you need to hit the multiple of 9. You go up by one, the number you subtract by goes up by one, but the first stays the same. For the whole range it ends up really looking like this

30-3
31-4
32-5

Everytime you pick a higher number in each range, the number you subtract by gets exactly that much bigger too, so same answer for each range no matter what.

Last edited:
Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
11-2=9
12-3=9
13-4=9
24-6=18
25-7=18
26-8=18
37=10=27
38-11=27
39-12=27
87-15=72

See a pattern? Whenever you do this equation it will always work out to multiple of 9. The number in the tens column times 9 is always the result I believe, and if you look at the chart at the end all those numbers have the same symbol. Just click until the end and pick a multiple of 9 and the same thing will happen. The number you think of is the one that stays in your head really, and you're thinking "How did they guess that..." when they really didn't. They just worked it so they'd always know the answer of the operation regardless of which 2 digit number you picked.
Exactly.....good call!

Jason

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're answer doesn't always come up with the same symbol though. Try it a few times and you'll get a few different symbols as your answer.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
You're answer doesn't always come up with the same symbol though. Try it a few times and you'll get a few different symbols as your answer.
getting there someone must know how it works, the sytbols do repeat themselves

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
getting there someone must know how it works, the sytbols do repeat themselves
Your answer doesn't have to have the same symbol every time. What needs to happen is that all multiples of 9 will have the same symbol on that chart at the end. For example if you look at the board at the end the numbers 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81 will all have the same symbol representing them. That's all that needs to happen because when you apply the formula they give you to any number between 10 and 99, which is your only possible range to choose from, the answer will be one of the numbers listed above. So no matter what symbol they use to represent the numbers listed above it will be the same for all the numbers.

What that means is that everytime you play, as long as the computer has assigned the same symbol to each of those numbers, whatever that symbol may be that's the one you'll be looking at. For example I can do that same thing but assign a word to each number. I can pick random words like "dog" or "cat" or "Cissus". So long as I make sure 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81 all equal the same word, I know which one you'll be staring at. Go through to the end of the game, do not pick a number, and just stare at one of those numbers. That's the symbol that will come up. It will differ each time, but the numbers don't. They can also assign the same symbol to a few other numbers to confuse you but the set that matters is 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81. IT wouldn't matter if I assigned the word "dog" to those numbers and then also to 35 and 49 and 17, because no one will ever end up looking at 35, 49 or 17 unless they do their math wrong.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't notice that the symbols changed which numbers they matched up with each time you try it.

I get it now.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I didn't notice that the symbols changed which numbers they matched up with each time you try it.

I get it now.
That and the confusion between the number you picked and the number you ended up with after the formula is what keeps you guessing. Plus most people will try it more than once but not pick 31, then 32, then 33, etc. They'll pick 75 and then 51 or something like that, and not figure out the pattern. The symbols are irrelevant and meant to keep you from focussing on the fact that you're going to get the same numeric answer for every range of 10 every time you do it if you keep doing it over and over again.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CDB is a smart man! I would of went with that it was magic and then went and burned a witch. :)

SteelDedication

Awards
Got some deep thinkers over here, eh. Thats impressive. Had me stumped.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
Your answer doesn't have to have the same symbol every time. What needs to happen is that all multiples of 9 will have the same symbol on that chart at the end. For example if you look at the board at the end the numbers 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81 will all have the same symbol representing them. That's all that needs to happen because when you apply the formula they give you to any number between 10 and 99, which is your only possible range to choose from, the answer will be one of the numbers listed above. So no matter what symbol they use to represent the numbers listed above it will be the same for all the numbers.

What that means is that everytime you play, as long as the computer has assigned the same symbol to each of those numbers, whatever that symbol may be that's the one you'll be looking at. For example I can do that same thing but assign a word to each number. I can pick random words like "dog" or "cat" or "Cissus". So long as I make sure 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81 all equal the same word, I know which one you'll be staring at. Go through to the end of the game, do not pick a number, and just stare at one of those numbers. That's the symbol that will come up. It will differ each time, but the numbers don't. They can also assign the same symbol to a few other numbers to confuse you but the set that matters is 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81. IT wouldn't matter if I assigned the word "dog" to those numbers and then also to 35 and 49 and 17, because no one will ever end up looking at 35, 49 or 17 unless they do their math wrong.
#

well done you cracked it and just could not work it out your a cleaver giza

jet11

Awards
they change the symbols around so when you do it next time its a new symbol...easy enough and no there is no one in your pc reading your mind