Earthquaaaaaaaaaaake!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dont worry everyone your favorite AM member is still alive lol. If you havent heard we had a 6.6 earthquake off the coast of Hawaii (the big island as we call it). I was at work and since I work at the airport near the runway it kinda didnt register to me. I saw the lights dimming off and on and then they slowly turned off. Im on the island of Oahu and the whole island was out of power. No structral damage here just on the big island. It was interesting to see how things worked out because so many people just arent prepared for this sort of thing. Its crazy to see how much everything we do in our everyday lives revolve around electricity. I got off of work called my friends and we bar-b-qued and drank beer. Needless to say everyone else had the same idea and only a handfull of supermarkets were open around the island so all the steaks were gone. We found a chuck steak thats it. I cleaned out my fridge and freezer and cooked all the raw meats. Power out at 7am and didnt come back on where i live until around 6pm. Just before darkeness fell, good thing cuz i was thinking people would be breaking in to businesses as there are no alarms and alot of police were directing traffic. I was also speculating whether it was actually some kind of electromagnetic pulse weapon North Korea was testing on us lol. All in all everything is back to normal minus structral damage new ground zero. Im also glad there was no tsunami generated from it. Missed Sunday's football games tho', damnit! Peace.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good thing you're okay man. I was starting to worry when you didn't return my cell phone pic...You know the one.

will175

will175

Awards
glad to hear you are okay... Had to call my family to see if they were okay also, thank God they were.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear bro, I went through the 1989 quake myself and it is quite an unforgettable experience. Good thing we live in the US of A cause other countries have massive damage from quakes of that magnitude.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man, glad to hear you're alright. Earthquake's are no joke.