is this a good business idea? don't steal it!

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
start a company that customizes meals for bodybuilders/fitness/figure people were you actually cook their meals according to their nutritional needs and send them all their meals for a whole week.

for example someone could either send you their meal plan they set up or you could design one for them based on their goals.

you could have them customize their meals by choosing a carb, protein, and fibrous veggie.

for example someone could say they want a 6 meals consisting of:

chicken breast yeilding 50g protein
brown rice yeilding 80g carbs
green beans yeilding 20g carbs.

or they could get fancy

fillet mignon yeilding 50g protein (additional $1 per 4oz)
whole wheat pasta yeilding 100g carbs
sugar-free pasta sauce ~ 1/2 cup

you then vaccum seal the meals and ship em in dry ice.

each meal would individually pack on its own plate, labaled with what it consists off, and day of week and meal# in which it should be consumed.

it think it would work well for busy professional types and people who just hate to cook.

i;m sure you could find a chef too that would make up some really decent dishes without adding any extra calories to the meal.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
There is a similar type of business already existing. Called NutriSystem i think. Dan Marino is on the commercials.

Spidey2

Awards
There is a similar type of business already existing. Called NutriSystem i think. Dan Marino is on the commercials.
True, but Nutrisystem is geared toward people trying to lose fat, period. I don't know of a similar type company that caters specifically to BBs or even lets you design your own macronutrient ratios. What about people trying to GAIN weight? What about people with special dietary needs? I think it is a good idea.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, thats why i said "similar type of business". :)

If there is nothing around, get on it. I am guessing the clinet base will be very wide-spread, so start-up costs will be high.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm just here to offer my new business. It's called CustoMeals! We make you food according to your goals!!! Check it out:

The GET BIG QUICK Meal Plan
5 Meals per day
-Big Mac Meal
-Bacon Egg and Cheese on a Plain Bagel Tstd
-Whopper Meal
-Double QP'er
-McChicken/McGriddle

The GET SMALL QUICK Meal Plan
-Celery with PB
-Celery with nothing
-Oranges
-Asparagas
-Cucumbers

And the best part about it is it was totally invented by ME! 100% ORIGINAL idea. Leave it to RR to break the ground people! YAY!

TheGame46

Awards
we have been working on this for some time... let me tell you the programming for this is not ez, and the database is a lot of busy work.

I am hoping it will all be worth it in the end though

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I've thought of a similar idea, i'd like to open up my own personal training business eventual and one of the things i'd like to offer is to come to your house and cook all of your food for the week, meaning cook everymeal in 1 day.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, when I'm in LA, something like this would definitally be an interest to me. The problem is the marketing overhead, and designing an efficient system. You can't just do this in your kitchen with a day-hire chef.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I "think" (and I do use the term loosely), that Instead of just offering to cook for them, the deal should be that you take them shopping and teach them how to pick out the right foods, and then show them how to prepare them healthily, otherwise you would be spending all your time constantly cooking for your clients. This would be ok if you were someone's private personal trainer, and got (more than) enough money from them, but in most cases, trainers (need to) have more than one client to make a good living.

ManBeast

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it would be a waste financially wise since a lot of the people seem to live just below their abilities when dealing with weight lifters and they would rather spend that money on foods they can make themselves.

You would have to make such a hugh range of foods it would be hard. But i'm not rich or inventive so I could be missing the boat on this one :p

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I know for sure there was a company at the arnold expo that did this very business, all the meals were custom made for bodybuilders, they had samples to try and the food was delicious. So unfortunately, your not the first one to think of this

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Making good healthy meals is a great idea. But you need that X factor in it. I'm talking about maybe putting in a vitamin pill in their orange souffle or some phera plex in their orange juice. You gotta get an idea and make it your own with a little twist. kinda like how that lady won $1,000,000 for making a stupid granola pie. she took all her ingredients from brand name products, like the dough made from pillsbury dough, and she cooked it up perfectly and got mad money from it. i saw it on oprah. hope she's proud of herself!!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Larger areas like in L.A, South Beach, etc. have such businesses that will cater to a persons requirments. Building your client base and keeping it is the trick.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
Good Idea on the business. Sorry to take this but I'm logging off and heading for the kitchen:run:

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
start a company that customizes meals for bodybuilders/fitness/figure people were you actually cook their meals according to their nutritional needs and send them all their meals for a whole week.
I’ve always said that one of the 1st things I would get if I ever won the lottery and became RICH would be to hire a fitness/nutrition chef. But in reality I go out of my way to find deals on food and buy in bulk to save $$. I guess you would have to find a well off clientele base.

Last edited:
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That wouldn't be a bad idea as long as you get a steady flow of high end clientele. Man BB'ers are probably middle class guys who wouldn't do this if they had the time to make their own meals IMO. A good target could be health conscious people on the go.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I like the idea, BUT I like my idea better. I will be opening an online barber shop. Please do not steal this absolutely wonderful idea as I have already applied for a patent. It will be completely seperate from Anabolic Innovations but I am sure it will do HUGE business.

CROWLER

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea, BUT I like my idea better. I will be opening an online barber shop. Please do not steal this absolutely wonderful idea as I have already applied for a patent. It will be completely seperate from Anabolic Innovations but I am sure it will do HUGE business.

CROWLER
If you give a cookie after the haircut I'm sure business will boom :D