"The Path to 9-11"

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Did anybody watch the 1st half "The path to 9-11" on ABC? That sh1t pissed me off! Osama and all those punks are goddamn cowards. Now I may get some flack from all the Bush haters out there but, Clinton and his admin. are a bunch of pussies and although I don't agree with alot of Bush's decisions in other areas, I think he has done a fine job with the War on Terrorism in what I believe is the most difficult, and controversial term of presidential leadership in a very long time. If Clinton wasn't such a wuss and had ordered the assault on Osama when he had the opportunity (numerous oppertunities), 9-11 wouldn't have happened. He was too worried with all the negative political publicity what wth all the Lewinsky crap going on meanwhile. Sorry for the political rant but all these liberals hating on the war on terrorism, and all the America haters living in our wonderful nation and thriving on our freedoms, etc. really pisses me off.... beyond belief.

anyway,
My hat is off to all who, and their families, lost thier lives in the attack and all our service-men and women who have done our country proud in keeping us safe and taking out those who mean to do us harm.

LME

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The show was a drama, it was not all based on fact...

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Eggo can I ask you a question, do you believe that the so called war of terrorism can actually be won? Everytime I hear Bush speak of winning the war against terrorism I think to myself this guy has never opened a history book. Terrorism has been around since the inception of civilization and to think that our nation is going to be responsible for wiping it out is a a little bit naive. Don't get me wrong I hope that by some miracle Bush does succeed with his plans in the middle east but I'm a realist and not an idealist so I won't get my hopes up to high. Oh just in case your wondering about my stance on the wars, I was against the war in Iraq based on the initial reasoning, but I think we should've glassed the **** out of afghanistan.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I believe Stalin said it best-“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.”

Frankly, as long as these fundamentalists think what they're doing is for the good of Whatshisname then it's not going to stop. These people believe their god(s) want them to kill others, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Not being American I can't comment on what Clinton should've or shouldn't have done but I'll say one thing that I believe true. Thousands upon thousands of people didn't die because of a decision he made while he was in office.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
The show was a drama, it was not all based on fact...
Yes, it was definately hollywood, but also based on facts brought about by the 9-11 commission report.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Eggo can I ask you a question, do you believe that the so called war of terrorism can actually be won? Everytime I hear Bush speak of winning the war against terrorism I think to myself this guy has never opened a history book. Terrorism has been around since the inception of civilization and to think that our nation is going to be responsible for wiping it out is a a little bit naive. Don't get me wrong I hope that by some miracle Bush does succeed with his plans in the middle east but I'm a realist and not an idealist so I won't get my hopes up to high. Oh just in case your wondering about my stance on the wars, I was against the war in Iraq based on the initial reasoning, but I think we should've glassed the **** out of afghanistan.

You're right there will always be nutjobs out there thriving on the death and destruction of mankind. And I agree with you on our occupation of Iraq, silly of us to try and step in and establish democracy in a nation that will most likely crumble when we bounce out anyway. I do however believe that it is in our best interest to decapitate those known organizations who are sworn to kill and maim the innocent civilians here in this country.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Does that include the fanatics that set off bombs in Olympic parks and medical clinics and federal buildings (all home grown...tried and true...red white and blue...or so they say)

or the bombing of civilians, school buses etc in our good old
ally Ireland?

Fanatatics come in all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds.

Then we can move into the crime syndicates..human slavery, prostitution, drugs, murder.

Religion, politics, profit where does it start/end?

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
By the way I do feel it is naive to believe that we can abolish all hatred and murderous fanatacism but again, it is in our nation's best interest to try to protect our soil, our citizens and our liberties. Because out these efforts, planned attacks have been exposed and thwarted.

anyway, I'm sure many who read my initial thread starting post probably thought, "what an idiot", but it's is an emotional topic and I was a little hot under the collar after having watched that and having 2 glasses of wine (damn, I'm a lightweight).

By the way I like that Stalin quote Ziricote...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Eggo can I ask you a question, do you believe that the so called war of terrorism can actually be won? Everytime I hear Bush speak of winning the war against terrorism I think to myself this guy has never opened a history book. Terrorism has been around since the inception of civilization and to think that our nation is going to be responsible for wiping it out is a a little bit naive.
Might be. Probably is. But sometimes you need to be a bit naive and even arrogant to accomplish something other people think is impossible. Where we stand in the war on terror these days I have no idea. We haven't been attacked in 5 years, but then our home soil hadn't been attacked in over 5 years before 9/11. Over seas other countries have been attacked, it's hard to say. Law enforcement can only get you so far, especially when these freaks are based in nations with little to no law. I honestly don't know what to think on the issue anymore except to say if we weren't so militarily involved with other nations we wouldn't be giving as many people a reason to hate the US. Whatever our intentions, 30,000 dead Iraqis is going to lead to some serious **** down the line.