Bonnar Tests Positive, Faces Suspension and Fine

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didn't see this anywhere on here. Excuse the double post if it is one.

I mean...is it really that surprising that dude is using Equipoise....

UFC® : Ultimate Fighting Championship®

09/07/2006
Bonnar Tests Positive, Faces Suspension and Fine

UFC Women's Hoodie

By Thomas Gerbasi

On Wednesday, a complaint was filed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission against light heavyweight contender Stephan Bonnar, citing a positive test result for the banned substance Boldenone.

Bonnar was tested after his three round decision loss to Forrest Griffin at UFC 62 on August 26th. Boldenone is an anabolic agent which was also one of the substances former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett tested positive for after his title-winning effort over Randy Couture in March of 2002. Barnett was subsequently stripped of his title by the UFC and suspended by the NSAC.

“Obviously, we need to wait and hear Stephan’s side of the story, but the UFC wholeheartedly supports the commission’s continuing efforts to keep this sport clean and to protect the athletes,” said UFC President Dana White. “I hope this is the type of news we never have to hear again in professional sports.”

Bonnar has until September 26th to respond to or dispute this complaint in writing, and then a disciplinary hearing will be set. Bonnar faces a fine and suspension from the NSAC.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Tight for bonner, i can see why he chose EQ though for the endurance, Halotestin or cheque drops would have stacked in nicely, lol. Tear the guy's head off! lol

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't know what these guys are thinking when they do this type of stuff. Hopefully this is some sort of error...probably not though.:sad:

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, they seriously have to be smarter about things.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, they seriously have to be smarter about things.
I know, right! He must not have known about the half life of various substances and his other options. LOL.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Bummer man! Loved the first fight vs. Griffin the best.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
He needs to stick with short ester stuff with shorter detection times. Anavar would be good. But like i said before Halo or check drops to make him a mean bastard, lol.