Im almost scared to ask...but....

CareTaker

Awards
How can I attatch my laptop to my exercise bike??:whiner:

Im serious...Ive included a pic...(bad lighting so I brightened it..which made it all grainy and green..but ya get the point.)

I dont think I trust velcro (no matter how large) to hold it on!!!

I did move the bike to a diff location...so there is a solid wall right by it...maybe I can make a drop down desk? that looks like a picture on the wall when flipped back up????

what did your bikes in your gym look like crowler??

I am online alot...and Id rather be riding while on here...:fool2:

(please see this thread if youre wondering why I am scared to ask lol

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/52077-using-laptop-while.html

Attachments

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Maybe you can use some to attached to the head and rest on the arms to make an extended platform?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was serious with the velcro comment earlier. It'll allow quick and easy connection to the bike without having to alter anything. Hit up Home Depot or Lowes and buy different kinds and play with it a bit. just don't let ageless find them cause the velcro will never make it to the bike :p

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Although well intended, despite “my heart being in the right place", and in the face of concern that this potential solution will not be agreeable to you, I offer the following. You see, I cannot turn a blind eye towards my commitment to community service and helping the downtrodden:

Hire Gary Coleman to hold the laptop while you ride the exercise bike.

At his height, and assuming a recumbent bike – the sizing should work flawlessly.

This will also help with that pesky unemployment issue.

You may or may not be aware that Mr. Coleman is the unfortunate recipient of not less than three operations for a congenital kidney defect known as nephritis. As a result of this condition, and compounded by the fact that he is devoid of any detectable talent, he will never grow any taller than is current 4 foot 8 inch stature. Regarding the link to unemployment, this would solve a long standing situation Mr. Coleman has faced for many years. Following his stellar performances as Arnold Drummond on the astonishingly popular comedy series Diff'rent Strokes (1978-1986) Gary had to face not only the uncertainty of life as a former child star, but also an acute awareness that he had little, if any, future commercial value. Lastly, poor Gary became inseparably entwined in a bitter legal battle between himself and his parents.

As an added benefit, I am told he is housebroken.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im not sure where you would velcro it, but its worth a shot. plus I wouldn't want velcro permanently on the bottom of my laptop. it would not allow access to the battery/memory compartments underneath.
I was thinking something more along the lines of putting some L brackets on the wall and then sliding the exercise bike into position underneath the bracket.
you'd just need to take some quick measurements with you in position before installing the brackets.
another reason why I think you shouldn't attach the laptop directly to the bike is because of movement. Not sure if your bike moves while you're pedaling, but a little vibrating will drive you nuts. :lol:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Actually we replaced the bike screen with a 19" monitor and then fashioned an arm to hold the little desk with the key board and mouse.

We had WebTV as an option if they wanted to just use the mouse for the most part.

CROWLER

CareTaker

Awards
im not sure where you would velcro it, but its worth a shot. plus I wouldn't want velcro permanently on the bottom of my laptop. it would not allow access to the battery/memory compartments underneath.
I was thinking something more along the lines of putting some L brackets on the wall and then sliding the exercise bike into position underneath the bracket.
you'd just need to take some quick measurements with you in position before installing the brackets.
another reason why I think you shouldn't attach the laptop directly to the bike is because of movement. Not sure if your bike moves while you're pedaling, but a little vibrating will drive you nuts. :lol:

hey a little vibration never hurt anyone LOL

CareTaker

Awards
Actually we replaced the bike screen with a 19" monitor and then fashioned an arm to hold the little desk with the key board and mouse.

We had WebTV as an option if they wanted to just use the mouse for the most part.

CROWLER

that sounds great!!!

id love to be on the internet and ride...so I think we will figure something out.:donut:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Folks, with all due respect, I believe the alternative having the greater socio-economic impact is being overlooked.

biscuite

Awards
I would hire Scarlett Johansen to stand there naked and hold it for me....Yep that would work.LOL.

bis