2lbs in 2 weeks Impossible?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I dont know if ayone has seen that show Celebrity Fit Club but I was just watching the show and Vinny from the sorpranos came up and apparantly gained two lbs...

anyway the first dr (I think his name is Ian) and started ripping into him for gaining thr 2 lbs. Grnated if it was 2 lbs of fat yes I can see how he got mad but then he goes on to say this:

"It is virtually impossible to gain two lbs of muscle in two weeks"

Now these are people who have been eating nothing but complete **** and not working out turning over a new leaf (atleeast for the duration of the show...)

Now I never thought about this when I put on weight when bulking but 2 lbs in 2 weeks seems very duable especially for people eating healthy and starting to workout?

It just aggrivated me a little bit to see it but wanted to see if had any truth behind it (I mean he seems to have some credentials to make health statments but this seemed incorrect)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Particularly for a newbie to weight training..it's quite possible to gain that much or more lbm in two weeks.

N

NYhomeboy

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind there's a distinction between muscle and lbm. Glycogen storage is greatly enhanced when one just starts working out... I believe I remember from nutrition classes that it's not uncommon for a male to be able to store 15 lbs more of glycogen over a few months time of just beginning to weight train.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Particularly for a newbie to weight training..it's quite possible to gain that much or more lbm in two weeks.
yea that was my impression too, but doest really matter because unless its Gary Buesuy (sp) they all go back to the way they were before