Complaint I had to send to my City today...

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Forgive my gammar!! I was kinda upset at the time...

(edited for privacy issues)

Hello, I would like to report a City of Ottawa worker. I was at the corner of St. Laurent and Smyth. My girlfriend and I were stepping onto the street to cross it. We had to step back fast as a City of Ottawa employee in a white City of Ottawa Pick-up truck (plate *** **) blew through the yield area in the merging lane and zoomed by, a step more and he would of hit us. I was so shocked that out of instinct I gave him the finger (this was all I ever did) when we was quite a distance away. He then stopped his truck on the busy St. Laurent Street and backed up all the way to where we were waiting for the light to change so we could cross the street. He parked himself in the merging lane and held up traffic and started shouting at us. He wanted me to come to him. But I knew better and by his tone of voice he just wanted to get into a physical fight. He tried coaxing me with lines like “…your not so brave anymore” and “..did you break your finger…” He said all with a smug look seated inside of the “City of Ottawa” truck with the window down. This went on until we crossed the street. I noticed he circled around the area once more when we left. I am very disappointed that someone representing the city in public would behave in this fashion. It is my opinion that something should be done about this employee.

What can be done about this? We called 3-1-1 and all they said was “…we will pass it on” which in my opinion sounds like nothing will be done. His position with the City does not give him the right to think he is above the law.

Plate #: *** ***

Time: 11:00am

Date: August 30, 2006

tattoopierced1

dang, you are a better man than me. I would have tried to knock his teeth down his throat.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I'd have bowed down, then followed him to his home and ****ed him up. Vegetables don't talk back.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
dang, you are a better man than me. I would have tried to knock his teeth down his throat.
Well my gf was holding me back and I was shaking with rage :) I was walking up to him until my GF pulled me back. I was feeling kinda of woozy too as I had JUST come from having a blood lab done (thats another messed up story that I can post if anyone else wants to hear that one hah)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I'd have bowed down, then followed him to his home and ****ed him up. Vegetables don't talk back.

I couldn t think straight anyways I had to "fast" for 12 hours and lost a few vials worth of blood at the time for a blood test. I was on my way to a restaurant (had chicken and sweet potato fries). I was going to hit the gym wich was just next door to the restaurant but was in too much of a weird mood to go. :aargh:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make a complaint in writing and in person while there. Anything les is pretty much thrown out the window.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Well heres the reply from the City:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the City of Ottawa. The information you provided to
the 311 operator would be taken very seriously and an incident report would have
been initiated. We are, however, forwarding your message to ***** *******, Program Manager Fleet Services Branch, for his information and a response.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yours truly,

Client Service Representative
City of Ottawa
-----------------------------

Looks like they are getting his boss's boss involved ;)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Make a complaint in writing and in person while there. Anything les is pretty much thrown out the window.

Its weird here. The govt here actually prefers electronic communication for stuff like this. And the "investigation" is allready started.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot you were in that crazy land of bacon and syrup.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldn t think straight anyways I had to "fast" for 12 hours and lost a few vials worth of blood at the time for a blood test. I was on my way to a restaurant (had chicken and sweet potato fries). I was going to hit the gym wich was just next door to the restaurant but was in too much of a weird mood to go. :aargh:
That sux when stuff like that happens. At the time you really want to take it into your own hands, but it's almost always better to stay composed. Stuff like this is why I hate people!...Look on the brightside, you had sweet potato fries today...Mmm, s-w-e-e-t p-o-t-a-t-o f-r-i-e-s...

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
hopefully they'll will tell you the end result.

and tell us this other story.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
That sux when stuff like that happens. At the time you really want to take it into your own hands, but it's almost always better to stay composed. Stuff like this is why I hate people!...Look on the brightside, you had sweet potato fries today...Mmm, s-w-e-e-t p-o-t-a-t-o f-r-i-e-s...
Yea this IS the reason why I hate people in "General" :) Those fries didnt last long enough and I could barely taste them over the taste of anger (iron metalic taste) :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a Terrance and Phillip reference from South Park.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Send the letter to other departments ie: HR, Mayor/City Manager, councilors, radio talk shows, tv news consumer dept etc. you might as well make it big or just forget about it as no single manager or dept will or can do something about it.

Og course in this day and age he might come after you and go "postal" but somewhere someone has to start standing up for a little politeness and societal respect.

good luck

SHADOW2492

Awards
I also live in Ottawa, That is 3 members on here that I know of so far counting you, jjohn and me.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Speak softly, but cary a big stick.
A S&W 629 works for me. ;)

-TT

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Update

In response to your observations, I would like to first and foremost apologize
for the driving behavior and performance of one of our drivers.

Most driver behavior complaints are forwarded through me as I hold the portfolio
of Fleet Driver Training for the City of Ottawa. I can assure you that every
complaint of this nature is taken very seriously and action is taken to improve
the driving and performance of our drivers when warranted.

At this time I have contacted the work unit that the vehicle identified belongs
to, and instructed the supervisor to conduct a full investigation. Once that is
completed decisions will be made as to what actions may take place. Actions may
include but are not limited to driving evaluations, coaching, training, and
discipline.

The intent is always to improve our drivers performance. Observations from the
public are most beneficial in that they are one indicator of the overall
performance of our drivers and does help us to deliver appropriate training to
staff to address issues that are being identified.

The 311 call center folks are the clearing house for inquires from the public.
The call center was implemented to make life easier for folks such as yourself
to get your contact with the city addressed quickly and they have succeeded very
well in doing that.

Again I apologize for the behavior of this driver. If you require any further
information please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Program Manager Fleet Driver Training Services
Fleet Services
Department of Public Works and Services

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Send the letter to other departments ie: HR, Mayor/City Manager, councilors, radio talk shows, tv news consumer dept etc. you might as well make it big or just forget about it as no single manager or dept will or can do something about it.

Og course in this day and age he might come after you and go "postal" but somewhere someone has to start standing up for a little politeness and societal respect.

good luck
The forum I used goes to all these people execpt for the media.
If nothing is done then yes I would bring the media in as well. Actually here one single employee can make something happen. Like making people get suspended without pay if investigations prove it (this just happened recently as well)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

good luck
Im usually pretty paranoid. So everyone I know has this guys information. This includes friends and my entire office :)
If i dont show up for work sometime...they will know . And if I meet up with this guy again (I actually saw him this morning around my area bah) Im going to tell him this. That everyone knows who he is and that he is being investigated and that I am calling the police next.

Last edited: