Job update

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I've finally managed to beat back my depression quite a bit. I'm back in the saddle looking for jobs hardcore now.

Since I updated my resume and posted it on several sites, I've been getting almost nonstop phonecalls from various recruiters.

Currently my biggest hope and best prospect is a development position in Bethlehem. It is approximately 8 miles from my house and it pays better than my previous job. The position seems to fit my qualifications really well and the company's primary product is right up my alley in terms of the kind of projects I like to work on. Of course, I'm just going by their missions statements and whatnot. It could be that behind the scenes the code is a mess, but their goal seems to be creating an adaptive product.

Truly adaptive products require massive levels of complex abstraction. I would have to say if there is something I am "best" at, it would be abstraction. So their goals seem to line up with what I'm best at and what I like to do best.

The recruiter setting me up aparently knows the company owners personally so I should get an interview shortly. So wish me luck, I hope this works out well. A short commute like that and a nice salary along with a project that is actually ENJOYABLE to work on would be outstanding.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear Null. Maybe what happened at your other job was a blessing in disguise ? ;)

tattoopierced1

good luck bro. glad to see you back on the boards again.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whoohoo! Just landed another interview. A Director over at Wyath Pharmacueticals called me directly (not or recruiter, not even an HR person). They've got a position in one of their departments open that involves a lot of business analysis and some project management. They said it's something that foremost needs someone with a heavy technical background though because they have to interface with developers.

Interestingly enough, before I was canned, that is exactly the type of position I was looking to move into. It's a bridge into Project Management. So it would give me a way to become a PM. Being a PM would give me a doorway into higher levels of management and eventually the REALLY big salaries.

The location is about 30 miles south of here or thereabouts. Further commute than the other position, but from the sound of it, I think the pay for this job will be higher. Much higher. As in, I'm crossing my fingers here, but there is a distinct possibility it's 6 figures.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn bro good luck man!!!! :dance: :djparty:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The location is about 30 miles south of here or thereabouts. Further commute than the other position, but from the sound of it, I think the pay for this job will be higher. Much higher. As in, I'm crossing my fingers here, but there is a distinct possibility it's 6 figures.
Nice, 6 figures can buy a lot of juice and GH :D

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice, 6 figures can buy a lot of juice and GH :D
Funny you mention that.

I had been done with PCT for over a month when I got canned. I had been feeling ok, but getting canned triggered some MAJOR depression.

Depression I couldn't overcome until very recently.

What changed? I started taking some Test and Dbol. Within a couple days I was fired up sprucing up my resume, posting it here there and everywhere, and applying to every job I could see that I was qualified for.

Didn't just get rid of my depression, I gained an intense desire to DO something. In fact, I feel more and more like doing things every day. I'm starting to get ot the point where I don't want to watch TV, I'd rather do research or write code or something.

Tell me, what anti-depressant on the market can do that?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny you mention that.

I had been done with post cycle therapy for over a month when I got canned. I had been feeling ok, but getting canned triggered some MAJOR depression.

What changed? I started taking some Test and Dbol. Within a couple days I was fired up sprucing up my resume, posting it here there and everywhere, and applying to every job I could see that I was qualified for.

Didn't just get rid of my depression, I gained an intense desire to DO something. In fact, I feel more and more like doing things every day. I'm starting to get ot the point where I don't want to watch TV, I'd rather do research or write code or something.

:head: Rock on bro!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Funny you mention that.

I had been done with post cycle therapy for over a month when I got canned. I had been feeling ok, but getting canned triggered some MAJOR depression.

Cocaine. Well, not the legal market, but you do get a lot done and feel pretty good. Good to hear things are coming together.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Update: I officially have an interview with Wyeth next Thursday from 10AM-4PM. Sounds like a neverending round of interviews to me. So it would be probably an HR person, then a tech interview with some peons, then probably a higher level interview with project management, followed by an interview with upper management. I can't think of any other interviews they'd do. I also can't see how that'd be 6 hours long.

Anyway, things are definitely looking up. Long interview blocks tend to only be done for ... well compensated ... positions.

Plus, I can use this pending interview to leverage against other potential offers, like the one in Bethlehem.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Funny you mention that.

Oh my god, you opened up a can of worms because now that proves that juice can give you an unfair advantage against other applicants :lol:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool, they sent an itinerary. First I meet with HR.

Then I meet with a personal who is basically a low level manager

Then I meet with 2 people in the same position I'm applying for

Then I meet with the Associate Director

Then I meet with the Director

Personally I'd rather meet with upper managemetn first, because that would give me the opportunity to ask some more general organizational questions first.

Leading up to this interview, I'll have to do some research on Wyeth. Find out their blockbusters, what their pipeline looks like, and of course find out if they have any FDA issues. I know they had a problem a while back because of Phenphen. Problems like that have a habit of following a company for a few decades. Obviously I want to avoid talking about any problems they are having. In any interview, you want to make the employer feel good. Bringing up their problems would put them ill at ease and leave a bad taste in their mouth. The ultimate goal is to make them feel good about themselves AND to send across the message that I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

I talked to an uncle of mine who is in upper management at Pfizer. He gave me some great interview advice and pharma advice in general. He said form the sound of the responsibilities and the number of interviews he thinks it is DEFINITELY six figures.

Man, I can't wait for this interview. I'm so psyched!:dance: