Hooked-Illegal Drugs

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was watching this documentary last night, they ran the whole series outlining the creation, medical use, and ultimate criminalization of the major illegal drugs. Anyone else see this?

It was on A&E

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup, I watched the ones on Marijuana and cocaine.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup, I watched the ones on Marijuana and cocaine.
It was interesting eh? I came from that kind of lifestyle and was fascinated by the history of it, and how it was so widely prescribed and accepted.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really liked the way it showed all the sides and the real(or at least seemed real neough) reasons for its existance and eventual banning.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I've watched a few of the episodes a while back. Very interesting stuff.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
very interesting show fo sho. dvr'd most of it. anyhow, was cool to see the real side of it, creation, intended uses, then how the substance evolved from there. can't remembe the guy's name, but the lsd advocate? he was def. lost out there in la-la land.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn SS, where the hell have you been hiding?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
any idea when they're reairing this? i'd love to catch it sounds really interesting

tattoopierced1

DVR'd them, but havent watched them yet. Got stuck watching Alton Brown since he came and had part of his new show in my town.

Herris

Awards
I've seen them. Very interesting and informative.

I liked the special 'Peter Jennings Reports: Ecstacy Rising' more, myself.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I've seen those before too. I find the one about cocaine interesting, because of the history it has (how it was used medicinally)

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I thought the same thing earlier. Had to give him some rep points for getting his lazy as$ back in here...lol
:wave:

It's been a while, I only have half of an idea what these "rep points" are, lol.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Most of the illegal drugs are not the problem, it´s because not enough drugs are there for the people to try out and use them.

Those who are getting addicted will with the first contact on any drug, most likely cigarrettes and alcohol and then proceed to other street drugs and suffer of the sides of polyintoxications and the criminalisation they´re forced into by the use of the now illegal substances and the impurities.

They can´t do different and they´re few, because it´s in their genes, but they could live well with clean drugs and proper usage, even better then any alcoholic, so bringing an alcoholic to swap it for e.g. Heroin would be best, cause much less harm is done with it to him, his enviroment and society, than with alcohol and, no, I dind´t want to get heroin addicted if it was for free, as I don´t want to be an alcoholic because it´s for free, and guess what, I found H too boring to do, when I had the chance to try it, although I know that I am resistant enough to any kind of substance addiction, like most of mother natures finest product the homo sapiens sapiens. :)

The other addictions are caused by a massive social problem that the enviroment is just too lazy to elaborate on and solve, because this and the self criticism involved in us failing in humanity, we make our victims to criminals and have an excuse for our "human error" and the drugs as the culprit.
itßs not easy but for everyone there is are the ideal drugs to live better and stronger and healthier, you just have to use the known sources of wisdom adapted to your body and combine it with sekftestings and knowledge over your own body reactions.

You have to learn to harvest the benefits out of everything, even if it´s just plain fun, and that´s not easy, sometimes, but worth the effort, when you choose to go this way, and that´even better though it be for understanding the different needs of each human being and not just destroying benefits by forcing things into casts that just woulndt´fit, force out all the bad sides and ignoring the benfits and elaborating on them and stigmatising something that has always been such a big part of our enviroment and nature.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I found it very interesting that cocaine and various amphetamines were used by workers during the industrial revolution and even housewives. That was an awesome episode.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The drug that is really seeing popularity now is Methampetamine, or Crystal Meth. They are busting like 2 or 3 Meth labs a WEEK in the US and in Canada! You know it's bad when they have to put restrictions on cold medicines. And it pretty scary when you can find the recipes to make the stuff on the internet. If you see someone with a shopping cart full of matches, road flares and cold medicine you know what they are up to, lol.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
. can't remembe the guy's name, but the lsd advocate? he was def. lost out there in la-la land.
Probably Timothy Leary, he was the guy with the "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out" philosophy that made a lot of people feel that casual and frequent use of psychoactives was a great thing which resulted in, well, the 1960's. :) Also their imminent banning and demonization by the US Government, and sealing a whole class of chemical compounds off from important scientific and psychological research until very recently.

BV

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also their imminent banning and demonization by the US Government, and sealing a whole class of chemical compounds off from important scientific and psychological research until very recently.

BV
I think this is one of the things which I found most interesting as it has so much relevance to our current situation pertaining sports "supplements".

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I think this is one of the things which I found most interesting as it has so much relevance to our current situation pertaining sports "supplements".
Yeah, there are a lot of parallels in each field. You have a massive amount of uneducated youths who, once they realize the benefits of a particular compound (anabolic/psychoactive, etc) they rocket to abuse levels without thinking of the mental and physical consequences, mainly because all their lives they were told horror stories that generally do not apply with responsible use. Unfortunately there were never explained what responsible use entails, and so they destroy themselves and then go running to mommy and daddy, and that spills over into sensationalist media stories that boil down to outright lies, which of course politicians believe, and ruin the lives of innocent, responsible people in the name of saving the children.

And the viscious cycle continues...:)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One use for LSD: aparently it instantly stops migraines.

Another interesting thing about LSD: its effects are cancelled by most SNRIs.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
sensationalist media stories that boil down to outright lies, which of course politicians believe, and ruin the lives of innocent, responsible people in the name of saving the children.

And the viscious cycle continues...:)
I would argue one point here, that of politicians believing the lies. Some do no doubt, but you'd be surprised how many and which ones will admit that prohibition is a failure in private, who know that the BS about many drugs is just that, BS, but yet continue to keep the side show going for their own ends because it just doesn't matter to them. Especially after the convicted users are disenfranchised. They can't vote so they don't matter.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I would argue one point here, that of politicians believing the lies. Some do no doubt, but you'd be surprised how many and which ones will admit that prohibition is a failure in private, who know that the BS about many drugs is just that, BS, but yet continue to keep the side show going for their own ends because it just doesn't matter to them. Especially after the convicted users are disenfranchised. They can't vote so they don't matter.
A very valid and unfortunate point CDB...