Hooked-Illegal Drugs

1. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Hooked-Illegal Drugs

I was watching this documentary last night, they ran the whole series outlining the creation, medical use, and ultimate criminalization of the major illegal drugs. Anyone else see this?

It was on A&E

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yup, I watched the ones on Marijuana and cocaine.
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Yup, I watched the ones on Marijuana and cocaine.
    It was interesting eh? I came from that kind of lifestyle and was fascinated by the history of it, and how it was so widely prescribed and accepted.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

I really liked the way it showed all the sides and the real(or at least seemed real neough) reasons for its existance and eventual banning.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I've watched a few of the episodes a while back. Very interesting stuff.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.15%

very interesting show fo sho. dvr'd most of it. anyhow, was cool to see the real side of it, creation, intended uses, then how the substance evolved from there. can't remembe the guy's name, but the lsd advocate? he was def. lost out there in la-la land.
    "A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most." -George Bernard Shaw
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.99%

Quote Originally Posted by bosco
    fo sho.
    That reminds me of the line in the 40-Year Old Virgin...lol.
  8. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.11%

Shop A&E and The History Channel : Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way DVD set

Sounds interesting. I'll probably DVR it if I remember and can find it.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.65%

Damn SS, where the hell have you been hiding?
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.99%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Damn SS, where the hell have you been hiding?
    I thought the same thing earlier. Had to give him some rep points for getting his lazy as$ back in here...lol
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.54%

any idea when they're reairing this? i'd love to catch it sounds really interesting
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

DVR'd them, but havent watched them yet. Got stuck watching Alton Brown since he came and had part of his new show in my town.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.2%

I've seen them. Very interesting and informative.

I liked the special 'Peter Jennings Reports: Ecstacy Rising' more, myself.
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes, I've seen those before too. I find the one about cocaine interesting, because of the history it has (how it was used medicinally)
  15. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.11%

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    I thought the same thing earlier. Had to give him some rep points for getting his lazy as$ back in here...lol

It's been a while, I only have half of an idea what these "rep points" are, lol.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.37%

Most of the illegal drugs are not the problem, itīs because not enough drugs are there for the people to try out and use them.

Those who are getting addicted will with the first contact on any drug, most likely cigarrettes and alcohol and then proceed to other street drugs and suffer of the sides of polyintoxications and the criminalisation theyīre forced into by the use of the now illegal substances and the impurities.

They canīt do different and theyīre few, because itīs in their genes, but they could live well with clean drugs and proper usage, even better then any alcoholic, so bringing an alcoholic to swap it for e.g. Heroin would be best, cause much less harm is done with it to him, his enviroment and society, than with alcohol and, no, I dindīt want to get heroin addicted if it was for free, as I donīt want to be an alcoholic because itīs for free, and guess what, I found H too boring to do, when I had the chance to try it, although I know that I am resistant enough to any kind of substance addiction, like most of mother natures finest product the homo sapiens sapiens. :-)

The other addictions are caused by a massive social problem that the enviroment is just too lazy to elaborate on and solve, because this and the self criticism involved in us failing in humanity, we make our victims to criminals and have an excuse for our "human error" and the drugs as the culprit.
    itßs not easy but for everyone there is are the ideal drugs to live better and stronger and healthier, you just have to use the known sources of wisdom adapted to your body and combine it with sekftestings and knowledge over your own body reactions.

You have to learn to harvest the benefits out of everything, even if itīs just plain fun, and thatīs not easy, sometimes, but worth the effort, when you choose to go this way, and thatīeven better though it be for understanding the different needs of each human being and not just destroying benefits by forcing things into casts that just woulndtīfit, force out all the bad sides and ignoring the benfits and elaborating on them and stigmatising something that has always been such a big part of our enviroment and nature.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.59%

I found it very interesting that cocaine and various amphetamines were used by workers during the industrial revolution and even housewives. That was an awesome episode.
  18. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.86%

The drug that is really seeing popularity now is Methampetamine, or Crystal Meth. They are busting like 2 or 3 Meth labs a WEEK in the US and in Canada! You know it's bad when they have to put restrictions on cold medicines. And it pretty scary when you can find the recipes to make the stuff on the internet. If you see someone with a shopping cart full of matches, road flares and cold medicine you know what they are up to, lol.
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.66%

. can't remembe the guy's name, but the lsd advocate? he was def. lost out there in la-la land.
    Probably Timothy Leary, he was the guy with the "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out" philosophy that made a lot of people feel that casual and frequent use of psychoactives was a great thing which resulted in, well, the 1960's. Also their imminent banning and demonization by the US Government, and sealing a whole class of chemical compounds off from important scientific and psychological research until very recently.

BV
  20. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.02%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Also their imminent banning and demonization by the US Government, and sealing a whole class of chemical compounds off from important scientific and psychological research until very recently.

BV
    I think this is one of the things which I found most interesting as it has so much relevance to our current situation pertaining sports "supplements".
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.66%

I think this is one of the things which I found most interesting as it has so much relevance to our current situation pertaining sports "supplements".
    Yeah, there are a lot of parallels in each field. You have a massive amount of uneducated youths who, once they realize the benefits of a particular compound (anabolic/psychoactive, etc) they rocket to abuse levels without thinking of the mental and physical consequences, mainly because all their lives they were told horror stories that generally do not apply with responsible use. Unfortunately there were never explained what responsible use entails, and so they destroy themselves and then go running to mommy and daddy, and that spills over into sensationalist media stories that boil down to outright lies, which of course politicians believe, and ruin the lives of innocent, responsible people in the name of saving the children.

And the viscious cycle continues...
  22. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%

One use for LSD: aparently it instantly stops migraines.

Another interesting thing about LSD: its effects are cancelled by most SNRIs.
  23. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.19%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    sensationalist media stories that boil down to outright lies, which of course politicians believe, and ruin the lives of innocent, responsible people in the name of saving the children.

And the viscious cycle continues...
    I would argue one point here, that of politicians believing the lies. Some do no doubt, but you'd be surprised how many and which ones will admit that prohibition is a failure in private, who know that the BS about many drugs is just that, BS, but yet continue to keep the side show going for their own ends because it just doesn't matter to them. Especially after the convicted users are disenfranchised. They can't vote so they don't matter.
  24. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.66%

I would argue one point here, that of politicians believing the lies. Some do no doubt, but you'd be surprised how many and which ones will admit that prohibition is a failure in private, who know that the BS about many drugs is just that, BS, but yet continue to keep the side show going for their own ends because it just doesn't matter to them. Especially after the convicted users are disenfranchised. They can't vote so they don't matter.
    A very valid and unfortunate point CDB...
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.66%

There are a few politicians who are standing up against it, acutally. Im proud to say one is from my hometown:

Politics: Albany DA Ignites Firestorm By Calling Drug War "Lucrative"

BV

Similar Forum Threads

1. FDA Says Walnuts Are Illegal Drugs
    By MAxximal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 12:29 AM
  2. drug clearance times
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 02:22 PM
  3. drug tests