Why is my dog pissing on my backpack?

ArnoldIsMyIdol

ArnoldIsMyIdol

Awards
  • Established
I carry a backpack with me when I leave for the day. My dog who is housebroken and will not go in the house unless I don't let him out, pissed on my backpack the other day. He managed not to get any on the carpet below. So I washed the thing. like 5 days later he pissed on it again, once again managing not to get a drop on the carpet. What is going on? Is he doing this because he is upset that I have to leave him to go to work?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I carry a backpack with me when I leave for the day. My dog who is housebroken and will not go in the house unless I don't let him out, pissed on my backpack the other day. He managed not to get any on the carpet below. So I washed the thing. like 5 days later he pissed on it again, once again managing not to get a drop on the carpet. What is going on? Is he doing this because he is upset that I have to leave him to go to work?
I bet he thinks its funny!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably because you won't stop humping his leg.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
He is probably just marking territory. Just discussed this with a friend who works with dogs for a living. He’s showing other dogs who his master is :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He knows you have been sleeping with other dogs. When you leave the house with that backpack and it comes back smelling like other *****es...don't think it goes un-noticed.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
My dog used to crap in my home office whenever I went to work. Apparently she got mad whenever I left the house for a long time. She's past that now.

Gumbo

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
Maybe you shouldnt leave the backpack on the floor. Put it on a shelf or something. Der. Maybe you should find a mate for your dog so they can pee on each other. Sounds like a plan.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
it's a territory thing for sure - he's smelling something on that backpack that threatens him - easy as a girls perfume or excess sweat even. I'd just keep it off the ground or pull the Ceasar milan on him. pssssssst!!!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd just keep it off the ground or pull the Ceasar milan on him. pssssssst!!!
You've got to show de dog de dominance! My wife love's that show.

Does your dog do any other stuff like tear things up while you're gone or is he just taking a waz on your back pack?