Mike Mentzer

Panther06

Awards
Has anyone read his book?? I read a few of his articles on his website and thought they were very interesting, just wondering what people think of his book?

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Yes, I'm a fan of his, makes good sense definitely worth a read. Big fan of HIT as well, I just dont think it can be done as a your only training style, I alternate many different types of styles but HIT is definitely effective atleast for me anyway.

jedimaster

Awards
I've been using HIT for a while now, with variations as I grow bored with particular routines. It works better for me than anything else I've tried. I do feel that I've hit a ceiling lately though.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I tried the heavy duty 2 program. It didn't do a thing for me. I think Mike had some major mental problems. Some of the analogies he makes are asinine such as comparing how a woman gets pregnant to how new muscle is formed. Also the comparison to the amount of wieght gained by Casey Victor and Arnold also has some major flaws in it. There are also a few people who said that Mike didn't really train that way himself. People saw him doing set after set and when they asked him about it he got mad and said he was doing warm up sets. HIT has become a religion for some reason. IMO it's not a very effective training style and best used for a short period of time after doing allot if high volume training. Try it and see if it works for you. If it doesn't try something else.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Mike may have been too inteligent for his own good..He was a strange character...