Another bogus law we have in the country...

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Long story short my boy banged this girl who had exactly 2 drinks an hour and a half before they got it on. She is threatening to take him to court because you cant bang a girl if shes drunk.

Reasons why this law is gay...

1) How can she prove she was drunk
2) He was drunker than she was. Why should he get in trouble
3) if your going to get drunk you should take responsibuility for what you do. If I kill someone in a car accident when I am drunk, do I take them to court?

PS- she wants to take him to court to get back at him... because he confess to her boyfriend

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If that is the whole story your friend will be fine. No need to worry.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
If that is the whole story your friend will be fine. No need to worry.

Yea im not worried about him. How could ANY situation be taken to court, because how the girl ever prove she was drunk

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, what'll happen is one of two things. 1. it gets dropped before court. 2. she goes to court and gets seriously charged for falsifying a report and many other things

She was over 21 though right?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Well, what'll happen is one of two things. 1. it gets dropped before court. 2. she goes to court and gets seriously charged for falsifying a report and many other things

She was over 21 though right?

No. All at this party were 18.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, that's gonna be the issue then. I'm assuming you're in the US?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably just get a underage drinking bust then. I doubt the sex while drinking will make it past the prosecutor. In order for this to happen they would need proof of level of intoxication and in order for people to incriminate themselves they'll have to admit to being part of the charges.

Just tell him to be outright in drinking and honest and dress properly with no earrings etc.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
You never mentioned what law was broken that you feel is gay. I can tell you as a LEO that if that was reported to me I wouldn't document a crime report on it. The under age drinking is a misdemeanor that was not committed in my presence so there’s nothing that can be done about that. The only think she could do was say that a date rape drug was used or that she was so drunk that she was unable to say no. I don’t see either of that with your post. I would tell her that if she keeps it up then your son will be taking her to court for taking advantage of him while he was intoxicated and not able to say no to her advances.

Let me change something. The underage drinking would have to be submitted to the DA for a warrant. I still don't see that happening to your son. Maybe to who ever gave it to them.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
You never mentioned what law was broken that you feel is gay. I can tell you as a LEO that if that was reported to me I wouldn't document a crime report on it. The under age drinking is a misdemeanor that was not committed in my presence so there’s nothing that can be done about that. The only think she could do was say that a date rape drug was used or that she was so drunk that she was unable to say no. I don’t see either of that with your post. I would tell her that if she keeps it up then your son will be taking her to court for taking advantage of him while he was intoxicated and not able to say no to her advances.

Let me change something. The underage drinking would have to be submitted to the DA for a warrant. I still don't see that happening to your son. Maybe to who ever gave it to them.

I dont know if this is a federal or state law, but in rhode island it is illegal to have sex with someone if they are under the influence. Thats the law that is gay.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Under any influence or too much alcohol to make a rational decision?

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
I dont know if this is a federal or state law, but in rhode island it is illegal to have sex with someone if they are under the influence. Thats the law that is gay.
That does sound like a gay law. Also discriminatory in nature. How do they expect ugly people to get laid.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Under any influence or too much alcohol to make a rational decision?

If you, under your own power, put yourself in a situation where you are too drunk to make a decision, you should only blame yourself for the decisions you make.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't the question though :) Also, lack of judgement of one individual does not grant you the freedom to take advantage. When i was in the army I saw these guys. Guys who would try to get women drunk in order to have sex with them. sometimes while they were throwing up or pissing themselves.

I've had my fair share of being the start of a beatdown of half naked idiots. It's one thing for a person to use alcohol as a excuse to cover up a regret. It's another to prey on weak minded individuals.

I wouldn't hesitate beating down the latter and being the father of a girl I wouldn't hesitate to risk prison in taking the brain matter of a person who would do this to my daughter and relocating it to the exterior of their skull.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
I have a daughter myself so let me get back to being serious. If the girl was DK to the point of not being able to make a decision on this then Jayhawkk is right on the money and I would be in the next cell if it was my daughter. Again how drunk was she. A couple of drinks so that she was feeling good and did something that she regrets or so drunk that she was passing out and someone took advantage of that.

I am hoping for your sons sake that it was just a little DK and she did something that she would not have done sober.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ I have witnessed that a lot. It's hard to make any solid arguements on a situation that you weren't part of. There's so much crap that gets twisted, added or deleted by both parties it can get pretty confusing.

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
If you, under your own power, put yourself in a situation where you are too drunk to make a decision, you should only blame yourself for the decisions you make.
Good luck on that one, especially when it comes to rape. You legally can't make decisions if you are drunk when it comes to rape. You are unable to consent. In most states the "2 drink" law is in place. Yes men do get raped but more often than not it is female being victimized so these things are in place. It sounds like your friend would have a weak case thrown at him, so his name will probably just take a beating.

Also in most states if you suffer damages you can sue the bar or host that got you or the person causing the damages drunk as well. He/she has third party liability. These laws are called Dram Shop laws and relate to social host liability.

Calling a law "gay" is also going to get you nowhere other than insulting people and making yourself look immature. Unfair, ridiculous, or something else would be more appropriate. I'm not gay, and this may be the educator in me, but I just thought your word choice was rather poor. In this case, the use of gay is rather ironic if you ask me.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I cant speak for all, but i've seen situations where this type of case has gotten really out of hand...

It happened to a friend of mine when i was around 19....since then, i've always strayed away from drunk chicks and sex...it's just something that you have to train yourself to do...
I know it' seems like an easy target, but im not risking my freedom over it...

This case tho seems more like one in which she's trying to get revenge for something. Maybe it's because he told her boyfriend...I dont think it'll go far; there's no real proof..just one word vs the other.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Spatch: I would be really concerned about whoever got you guys those drinks too, hopefully your friend gets off free and this doesn't go on his record.

BTW, stay away from drunk chicks, only bad sex and trouble can arise out of those situations

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
If it wasn't for date rape,... I'd never get laid!!!

The moral of my daterape story...
It does not pay to get drunk and horny...Date rape!
SUBLIME

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Calling a law "gay" is also going to get you nowhere other than insulting people and making yourself look immature. Unfair, ridiculous, or something else would be more appropriate. I'm not gay, and this may be the educator in me, but I just thought your word choice was rather poor. In this case, the use of gay is rather ironic if you ask me.
My bad. Its just the first thought about the law when I first heard it.

PS- she was barely buzzed. If she told me she was 100% straight at the time I probably would have believed her. Shes the kind of girl that has like 1 drink and then tells her friends over the phone the next day when they ask why she did it "uhh.. I was drunk." Basically uses it as a cover to make her seem less easy.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one who caught it when Spatch said his friend was equally if not more drunk? And also, am I the only one who like Spatch perhaps thinks it's a bit moronic when one or more people in such a situation can't consent that the blame automatically falls on the guy no matter his level of intoxication? Seems like another men are evil double standard.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Ha!...CDB, I caught it also. It always starts out as "well, I have this friend who..."...:icon_lol:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Ha!...CDB, I caught it also. It always starts out as "well, I have this friend who..."...:icon_lol:
See your point, not quite what I meant but yeah, lot's of 'friends' do get into trouble a lot. I just think when two adults are wasted and screw, it's stupid to imply any criminality to what's basically a stupid decision on the part of both of them, and it's even more stupid to automatically asign blame to the guy. Lots of feminazis at my old college campus used to go after guys for this kind of thing, claiming they were rapists. Meanwhile the guy himself probably had a massive amount of alcohol and for some reason still has to have the presence of mind to either check the girl's BAC or ID before ****ing. The women are the eternal victims and the guys are the eternal tormentors. And I see a lot of women claiming they don't support such things, but I see few of them actually voicing that opinion where it counts.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep but I could of spent two pages in questions. He didn't state that his friend was in a state that kept him from making any decisions and since this was made in defense of his friend I made the assumption he wasn't as drunk and was in control of his actions.

these types of things are usually messy and never appear what they seem.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Yep but I could of spent two pages in questions. He didn't state that his friend was in a state that kept him from making any decisions and since this was made in defense of his friend I made the assumption he wasn't as drunk and was in control of his actions.

these types of things are usually messy and never appear what they seem.
Agreed.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's a good time for a drunk guy to hook up with a girl and report it as rape. This precident of girls are always the victims HAS to be broken. ACLU would bring this to court if a creditable story was brought to them.

Girls who gets drunk and has sex because they are drunk is FAR to often used against a guy, specifically in rape cases.

And, before I get ANY negative criticism, I have been in a situation where I was to drunk to control myself and forcefully came on to by a girl I did not want to sexually associate myself with. This subject had a lot of meaning to me, and if I was ever suck in the situation your friend is in I would immediately contact the police and an attorny before the fraud gets out of hand.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No one would argue that happens but with today's society and the stigma associated with men who report abuse or rape it isn't going to happen soon.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Found another bogus law folks...

I was in my friends summer house in NH this week. We wanted to buy fire works so we roll up to one of the most hickish stores I have ever seen. To our dismay, we couldnt buy fireworks because you cant buy them if your under 21. However, we could legally buy handguns in the same store.

:wtf: