you have GOT to be kidding me - AnabolicMinds.com

you have GOT to be kidding me

  1. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    596

    you have GOT to be kidding me


    Im watching ESPN right now. Guess whats on? Dart throwing. Thats right, dart throwing.

    When was the last time you saw bodybuilding on ESPN? (3 am showings of old shows dont count)

    Lets make a list of things less deserving to be on ESPN than bodybuilding, but somehow gets on

    ~poker- sitting on our fat asses smoking cigars is more of a sport then pumping iron? Disgust! Disgust!
    ~darts
    ~spelling bee. Those kids are damned smart, but that is not a sport. Makes as much sence as playing nirvana at a funeral

  2. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    854637

    I've heard steroid use is rampant in darts.
  3. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    596

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    I've heard steroid use is rampant in darts.
    We got to get that off tv then. We wouldnt want that corrupting our little kids.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    854637

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    We got to get that off tv then. We wouldnt want that corrupting our little kids.
    Agreed. Dart Rage: Just Say No
  5. B4n3 0n3
    Guest
    B4n3 0n3's Avatar

    Yea they have been playing alot of darts lately but I think you would have an easier time trying to get them to play powerlifting than bodybuilding.
  6. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    191394

    Actually I came home from work, and I saw "Darts" on ESPN, it's been on ever since, I was quite curious about a professional dart competition I was expecting it to be filmed in a bar.
  7. CDB
    CDB is offline
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2673

    Quote Originally Posted by B4n3 0n3
    Yea they have been playing alot of darts lately but I think you would have an easier time trying to get them to play powerlifting than bodybuilding.
    Me too. Looking at other men's well developed bodies would be considered too gay for ESPN, wouldn't fly with a lot of their audience I think. However, powerlifting might make it. Body building training programs might too. But the shows themselves, I seriously doubt it.
  8. New Member
    precious_roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    90
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    148

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    Im watching ESPN right now. Guess whats on? Dart throwing. Thats right, dart throwing.

    When was the last time you saw bodybuilding on ESPN? (3 am showings of old shows dont count)

    Lets make a list of things less deserving to be on ESPN than bodybuilding, but somehow gets on

    ~poker- sitting on our fat asses smoking cigars is more of a sport then pumping iron? Disgust! Disgust!
    ~darts
    ~spelling bee. Those kids are damned smart, but that is not a sport. Makes as much sence as playing nirvana at a funeral
    You should add Magic The Gathering tournaments to that list. I once saw that on ESPN2 and I dry heaved.
  9. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Answers
    2
    Rep Power
    11678

    It's the marketing of the suits. Hell they play movies on the cartoon network now. blows my ****ing mind.
  10. Professional Member
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,688
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2461

    Seriously, In the locker room of my gym they have tvs...nice and all...they usually have on espn2 or espn news..

    Once, I swear to god, they had on the world series of DOMINOES...I'm not even ****ing with you...DOMINOES!!!

    It was the end of the world as i knew it...up was down, left was right...everything was ****ed up.
  11. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    854637

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron
    Seriously, In the locker room of my gym they have tvs...nice and all...they usually have on espn2 or espn news..

    Once, I swear to god, they had on the world series of DOMINOES...I'm not even ****ing with you...DOMINOES!!!

    It was the end of the world as i knew it...up was down, left was right...everything was ****ed up.
    Dominoes - another competition tainted by performance enhancing drugs. I've been told that the pre-comp Dominoe warm up room is just chocked full of empty amp vials.
  12. Senior Member
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,226
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    737

    I know I'd watch Reruns of WSM or some old Powerlifting meets. It'd be a hell of a lot more exciting than the world series of poker, darts, dominoes, pool, or hell even underwater basket weaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Body building training programs might too.
    That's the reason I watched Kiana's Flex appeal, for the workout...yeah, that's it, the workout.
  13. New Member
    NickyNoNames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    181
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    193

    they need more bodybuilding stuff on tv def. Even on satallite theres not one channel devoted to it, its stupid. We can have 18 cooking stations, 5 racing station, 20 spanish stations 10 music stations (like 50 if u count in that xm crap) a station for every other sport out there. 0 bodybuilding stations.
  14. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2334

    How about thow many guys are devoting their lives to world of warcraft, now this isnt on tv but if it was wed have to give them crystal meth to bring the addiction down a notch.
  15. New Member
    precious_roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    90
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    148

    Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    How about thow many guys are devoting their lives to world of warcraft, now this isnt on tv but if it was wed have to give them crystal meth to bring the addiction down a notch.
    Actually...in Japan that stuff is on tv. When I was at school we used to get these videos sent to us (yes I was and still am a nerd) of a Japaneese tv show where people played starcraft 1 v 1 for money. It was really funny, the set that is, because they made the contestants dress up in sort of space suit looking things and they released ground fog onto the stage.
  16. Board Supporter
    doggzj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    951
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    595

    Maybe it's because at ESPN they try to appeal to the masses, and current BBing contests are disgusting for most average viewers.
  17. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    I hear the dart players actualling load up the darts with sustanon and chuck them into each others asses to get revved up before the tournament's.

    im actually looking to compete in a magic tournament but the emotional and physcial training is going to be devastating. im running an anadrol/test suspension/hgh cycle just to make ends meet. my 15 year old asian neighbor with asthma who requires frequent enemas is doing the same. its not joke people **** gets crazy when i put down my mana and attack with my golden sphinctered tyranasaurus anus.

    well at least we have greg ****ing valentino and "the man's who's arms exploded" to make a positive impact on the public opinion of bodybuilding.
  18. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Answers
    2
    Rep Power
    11678

    hey, I used to play world of warcraft
  19. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2846

    That was until Jay realized MMORPG didnt stand for Massive Man Orgy Role Preparation Game
  20. New Member
    NickyNoNames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    181
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    193

    Quote Originally Posted by jomi822
    I hear the dart players actualling load up the darts with sustanon and chuck them into each others asses to get revved up before the tournament's.

    im actually looking to compete in a magic tournament but the emotional and physcial training is going to be devastating. im running an anadrol/test suspension/hgh cycle just to make ends meet. my 15 year old asian neighbor with asthma who requires frequent enemas is doing the same. its not joke people **** gets crazy when i put down my mana and attack with my golden sphinctered tyranasaurus anus.

    well at least we have greg ****ing valentino and "the man's who's arms exploded" to make a positive impact on the public opinion of bodybuilding.

    haha o man wheni read the first half of this im like gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay but once i heard my boy Greg V's gona be there, sounds pretty intense now. Im in.
  21. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Answers
    2
    Rep Power
    11678

    You know me all too well Kwyk...all too well
  22. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2846

    hey big j-dogg. where did you get the quote in your sig from?
  23. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Answers
    2
    Rep Power
    11678

    lineman over on bbd.com
  24. Kam
    Kam is offline
    New Member
    Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    303

    You understand there trying to add darts to the coattales of world serious of poker. The holdem fad is about to be over, even though there are more players now then ever. Soon enough everyone is going to shelve there chips and buy a dartboard.... people are such sheep.

    But there's an Idea for you guys, start a bodybuilding/powerlifting station. I know this site pumps me up but to watch that stuff whenever would really be a motivator.

    I got 5 on it.
  25. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    854637

    I am hearing rumblings about an upcoming ESPN special: "Contact Shuffleboard - The Men and Their Mission"".

    It seems like a real stretch.
  26. Senior Member
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,226
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    737

    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    But there's an Idea for you guys, start a bodybuilding/powerlifting station. I know this site pumps me up but to watch that stuff whenever would really be a motivator.

    I got 5 on it.
    That would be a cool channel. Here's the closest thing there is right now. Iron Game Powerlifting Well, that and youtube, but still.
  27. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    13067

    I have actually seen BBing coverage on FOX Sports West Coast during the day. ESPN is getting gayer by the minute. They forgot they're supposed to cover real sporting events. Thank God there's the NFL Network to rescue me.
  28. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    596

    Put it on ESPN QUICK!

    Professional stacking. Thats right. There on espn stacking cups. This cant be for real.

    found a website for the "sport"

    S&S Worldwide

    They have international teams. Some kids came from germany to stack cups
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. You have to be kidding me!
    By MNripped in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM
  2. ArimEvol, you have to be kidding me!
    By luke1984 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 01:18 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in