Landis tests positive

  1. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    435
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    60.98%

    Thumbs down Landis tests positive


    Phonak confirms Landis rider in question

    I hope it is an accident, this sport is an example of how steroids have ruined competition.

  2. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I doubt he would be stupid enough to use anything illegal at the present time with everything surrounding the sport.
  3. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    435
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    60.98%

    You would be surprised. Ulrich and Basso were at the top of their game and they were involved in that huge doping scandal.

    Also, Landis was complaining about intense hip pain, you never know what they could have given him. Also remember that stage where he miraculously went from 11th to 1st.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    flytrapcan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    284
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

    I don't think these guys consider the consequences of getting caught, cause they won't get get caught... and then they do.
  5. Registered User
    Stinger124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.44%

    Not sure if I am correct or not, but I thought I just saw where Armstrong admitted to taking steroids.. If he admitted it, Landis should have known that he would get caught.
    I hope it is a legit win..
  6. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    599
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    44.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Phonak confirms Landis rider in question

    I hope it is an accident, this sport is an example of how steroids have ruined competition.
    IMO they make competition better. Take bodybuilding for example. Would you rather go to a show and see steve reeves or ronnie coleman?
  7. Registered User
    Ronin13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    372
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    56.23%

    Armstrong never admitted to taking steroids.

    I think the US riders were under intense pressure to perform this year at the tour and considering Landis nearly died in stage 16 from Bourg d’Oisans to La Toussuire and recovered so amazingly in stage 17 is pretty suspect. He went from sitting in 11th to 3rd overall by making up more than 8 minutes. I was blessed enough to attend ever Tour that Armstrong won and yes, he always performed well but never did he ever perform at such a level with little or no effort such as Landis did in stage 17. I am afraid to say this but I think Landis is guilty. I hope the evidence proves other wise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger124
    Not sure if I am correct or not, but I thought I just saw where Armstrong admitted to taking steroids.. If he admitted it, Landis should have known that he would get caught.
    I hope it is a legit win..
  8. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    435
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    60.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    IMO they make competition better. Take bodybuilding for example. Would you rather go to a show and see steve reeves or ronnie coleman?
    Steve Reeves, Coleman and modern bodybuilding is a joke.
  9. Registered User
    Ronin13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    372
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    56.23%

    Here is a nice pic of ronnie with what looks like a bit of gyno.... at least to me it does.



    http://i.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Ronnie_Coleman.jpg

    I prefer the old school looks myself...


    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Steve Reeves, Coleman and modern bodybuilding is a joke.
  10. New Member
    flytrapcan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    284
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    54.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin13
    Armstrong never admitted to taking steroids.

    I think the US riders were under intense pressure to perform this year at the tour and considering Landis nearly died in stage 16 from Bourg d’Oisans to La Toussuire and recovered so amazingly in stage 17 is pretty suspect. He went from sitting in 11th to 3rd overall by making up more than 8 minutes. I was blessed enough to attend ever Tour that Armstrong won and yes, he always performed well but never did he ever perform at such a level with little or no effort such as Landis did in stage 17. I am afraid to say this but I think Landis is guilty. I hope the evidence proves other wise.

    You surprised me with that response after the posting in Le Monde Daily (English exert). I've looked for an english paper reporting the same but I haven't been able to find a thing.

    After some more searching I found this in which Armstrong disputes the Le Monde article.
  11. New Member
    protomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    9467
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    64.5%

    so does anyone know what he tested positive for?
  12. New Member
    drunk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    172
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.93%

    I really believe that most of the top athletes in every sport use some type of performance enhancer. Lance Armstrong never tested positive for anything. But if one day proof came out that he did use something, I wouldn't be surprised by it.
  13. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11095
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    13.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by protomike
    so does anyone know what he tested positive for?
    I haven't heard any specific names, just that his Test ratios were high.
  14. Advanced Member
    ktw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    435
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    60.98%

    Funny how in interviews he does not sound too confident.

    "I think this might turn out well for me"

    The "might" shows skepticism
  15. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11095
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    13.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    Funny how in interviews he does not sound too confident.

    "I think this might turn out well for me"

    The "might" shows skepticism
    Yeah, and on the news they played a clip of him being asked if he's ever used performance enhancers and he says something like "Uh, you know, I'll say no".
  16. Board Supporter
    doggzj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    951
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    45.08%

    Wait, people actually care about cycling as a sport after lance left? I honestly didn't even know the tour happened.
  17. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11095
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    13.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    Wait, people actually care about cycling as a sport after lance left? I honestly didn't even know the tour happened.
    I actually didn't either until I started hearing about all this "doping scandal" business.
  18. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2849
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by drunk
    I really believe that most of the top athletes in every sport use some type of performance enhancer. Lance Armstrong never tested positive for anything. But if one day proof came out that he did use something, I wouldn't be surprised by it.
    EXACTLY! Nobody should be surprised by any of this. If they'd test the top 100 they'd probably come back 100% positive.
  19. Senior Member
    Jstrong20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    215267
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    58.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    WTF is the point of testing? It catches only a small percentage of users and doesn't prevent serious athletes from using.
  20. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2849
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Its so the organizations can look "responsible" to the ignorant public.
  21. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    NO WAY will the test hold up. BTW this is the French we are talking about. The same lab that said Lance Armstrong was doping and it was later proved wrong.

    Lance NEVER said he took anything illegal.

    As far as Landis again NO way he did it for the following reasons.

    A few days earlier he tested neg for elevated testosterone level. The dumbass press is saying well how did he go from dying on one day and then a superman the next.

    EVERY time I had a bad workout in bike racing the very next day I had a GREAT day. I have no idea why and no I don't have a pubmed article to confrim this I just know it was true for me.

    If anyone knows of a testosterone that in ONE day can make you go from dying while riding to supermann the next day please link us to it. BTW anyone ever do a cycle of testosterone and then try and do cardio for 6 hours




    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  22. Registered User
    Ronin13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    372
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    56.23%

    Quote Originally Posted by drunk
    I really believe that most of the top athletes in every sport use some type of performance enhancer. Lance Armstrong never tested positive for anything. But if one day proof came out that he did use something, I wouldn't be surprised by it.
    Keep in mind that when you are at Armstrong's level you can be randomly tested 24/7/365... there is never a vacation and you must let the testing authority know your where abouts at all times. He was the most tested of any athlete. There is no way he could have doped and got away with it. Period.

    Anyway, Armstrong didn't have to dope. He trained year round and had millions of dollars thrown into his lap by sponsors for taking cycling into the future from the lightest and strongest carbon fiber to wind tunnel tests for time trial positioning and to minimize drag on his Nike racing attire. He had every angle beaten. Doping was just not necessary.
  23. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    599
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    44.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    EXACTLY! Nobody should be surprised by any of this. If they'd test the top 100 they'd probably come back 100% positive.



    Is this a complaint or just a fact?
  24. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2849
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch


    Is this a complaint or just a fact?
    Common knowledge! D'uh!

    I don't care who takes what b/c chances are the next guy will if you don't. That's pretty much the end of story. And, with all of the money in these sports requiring a mandatory test that would be drops in the bucket to them would be EASY!!!! They only test a few so they can provide the allusion of responsibility and let the rest slide by so the entertainment provided by these athletes keeps rising to new levels.
  25. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rpen22
    I haven't heard any specific names, just that his Test ratios were high.
    I heard that his test was normal but his Epi-test was abnormally low, which is very unusal. Endurance event can lower your test levels, but I am not sure what lower Epi-test.
  26. Board Sponsor
    rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11095
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    13.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    I heard that his test was normal but his Epi-test was abnormally low, which is very unusal. Endurance event can lower your test levels, but I am not sure what lower Epi-test.
    Oh my bad, you might be right.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. World's fastest man tested positive
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
  2. Bonnar Tests Positive, Faces Suspension and Fine
    By Rage (SoCal) in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 04:18 PM
  3. will FineGenX test positive?
    By Johnnybench520 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 10:58 PM
  4. Theodore tests positive, blames result on Propecia
    By hockeyguy77 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 04:27 AM
  5. Nolva/clomid test positive on a drug test?
    By Lotsofsquats in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in