Best country to move to

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Let's say you were going to move to another country and start over. Where would it be and why ?

Factors to consider:
Ease of fitting in:
Ability to find work:
Great scenery:
No BS(crime,cost of living,chaos)
Women of course

I have only been outside the USA once and that was to cananda(which doesn't really count)j/k

I have heard people mention Costa Rica and Uruguay. I even read something about Croatia being pretty decent.
If you packed up and just left I wonder if the credit card companies would track you down

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
California!!!! always wanted to move there...... o wait thats a state.

na anywhere in europe would be the ****.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Factors to consider:
Ease of fitting in:
Ability to find work:
Great scenery:
No BS(crime,cost of living,chaos)
Women of course
Unfortunately, it will be impossible to nail all of these. Some will be harder to fulfill than others.

Fitting in: Are you willing to learn (or do you already know) another language? If not, this greatly restricts your options. I've spent quite a bit of time in two Spanish speaking countries, and people were very accepting, but speaking the language is important. People feel nervous speaking another language, so if they aren't drinking, most probably won't speak English, even if they do know it. I've also noticed that even if your skills aren't great, people still appreciate the effort. They are unaccustomed to Americans trying to speak something other than English, so the attempt alone helps with acceptance.

Ability to find work: this is probably the toughest one. To work in Europe you need to have an EU passport (if your parents/grandparents are from an EU country you may be able to get dual citizenship; it only cost me about $50.) Otherwise, to work anywhere else you need to get a work visa. I really don't know of any countries that are teeming with jobs, and if you plan to go to a developing country, this will be even harder to find, unless you will teach English. That is probably your best option to get a job anywhere b/c (I think) a work visa requires a company to sponsor you...or at least having a sponsor greatly increases your chances of approval.

Scenery: I don't know of a single place that doesn't have great scenery.

No BS: This eliminates pretty much any Latin American company. Costa Rica is by far the safest in L.A. Safety has a lot to do with you. Do you have good sense. Will you stumble down quiet streets intoxicated late at night? Don't look clueless. Learn some of the language, at least enough to curse and not sound like you are out of your element. Being big helps, b/c theifs don't want to jump you, they just want your money. A struggle and possible beating is not in their plans.

Women: Unfortunately, this reduces the appeal of English speaking countries like Ireland and England. The women just are not as attractive their (of course, this is a matter of taste).

If you are interested in a relatively "free" society, I think places like Mexico or Brazil would be good choices. We'll find out soon from Motiv8r if Costa Rica belongs on that list. Brazilian women are incredible, and unlike other parts of Latin America, the women are very free with themselves :chick: Otherwise, for freedom, Holland would be a good option, and I think English is almost universal there. I think Eastern Europe is also quite free, and there are tons of hot women, but they are economically weak, English speakers are less likely, and the languages are less well known (unless Russian), so learning them won't be applicable anywhere else.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a hell of a time. Good luck :cheers:

Last edited:
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Visa is 'everywhere in the world you want to be' so they'll find you eventually methinks. I hear Greenland has beautiful women, no joke

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the good info.
I had tryed to work in Dublin during the Y2k thing and it is amzing how other countries protect there jobs for citzens compared to the USA.
Brazil, yes the women are amazing but just from researching it seems they are experiencing a crime wave and have a great deal of poverty. More of place to visit maybe(just for the women)
Holland and Greenland I have not thought about. Will look into to it.

I worked for a few months on a contract in a suburb of Oakland. I think I will pass on California, although napa valley was cool.
I had 1 year of spanish and a few curse words is all I can remeber LOL.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Well, I lived in Europe for 8 years, and far east for 3 and I'm in SKorea right now. My vote would be Holland for most of your catagories. Crime is probably higher in Holland due to legalized drugs (especially theft) but the scenery and activity is Outstanding!!!!! Although Norway is especially nice, but if your single you'd have to be really large:blink:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was wanting to do the same thing and i thought about austrailia because i think its economy is good, they speak english although its hard to understand with there own slang. Its nice and i think crime is low, not to mention beautiful. Thailand i thought about to because the $ exchange is so much in our favor its not even funny. it also has very beautiful spots and you can do just about anything you want. Crime is high though and i dont know about jobs so that one is more of a visit. Brazil would be great for women thats about it! Holland sounds real inviting too.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, I lived in Europe for 8 years, and far east for 3 and I'm in SKorea right now. My vote would be Holland for most of your catagories. Crime is probably higher in Holland due to legalized drugs (especially theft) but the scenery and activity is Outstanding!!!!! Although Norway is especially nice, but if your single you'd have to be really large:blink:
So Norway is a haven for fat bachelors ? or do you mean large like big bank account.
Where in Europe ? Eastern Europe ?

SKorea doesn't sound like much fun right now

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
So Norway is a haven for fat bachelors ? or do you mean large like big bank account.
Where in Europe ? Eastern Europe ?

SKorea doesn't sound like much fun right now
Large as in Tall farm boy big! Although Sweden has some sweet looking women, I think Holland has the Best women!
I lived in central West Germany for 3 years and on the border of Holland for 5 years, traveled a lot and worked in a lot of different countries.

Places I wouldn't live!
Turkey
Portugal
Italy
France
Belgium
Poland
Czech

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Women: Unfortunately, this reduces the appeal of English speaking countries like Ireland and England. The women just are not as attractive their (of course, this is a matter of taste).
Damn straight! I love Irish women. Pretty little 'taters. Hottest girl I've ever known and still know, damn her that she's not interested in me, is an Irish Norwegian mix. Gotta love that Swedish volleyball team. The female one.

Otherwise everything he said except one thing: look for expatriots. For example in northern Mexico in some of the more affluent areas you can find communities that harbor a lot of US citizens and former citizens that moved there, perhaps for similar reasons you might want to move there. So always consider the fact that you're not the first person to have the idea and see if you can follow in the foot steps of some of the more successful relocators.

And yes, Dutch women are damn hot. One thing about my heritage I can be proud of. Other than that it really would take a nation of stoners to build their houses below sea level and think it's a good idea. The cousin factor was weird growing up too, they were way too hot. One of my cousins was this hot blonde Judo champ girl. Made me wish I was a redneck.