Gym etiquette rules
- 07-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Gym etiquette rules
There have been a couple of things that really pee me off at the gym recently, and so I thought I would write down my own "gym rules". It made me feel much better to get it off my chest - feel free to add as many as you wish.
1 If I arrive with a baseball cap over my eyes and my earphones in I do not want to talk to anybody.
2 Tapping me on the shoulder, making me remove my earplugs, just to say hi really annoys me again I do not want to talk to anybody.
3 If I am working out on a machine and can barely breathe please stop trying to talk to me.
4 A gym may be where you usually pick up girls, but they are usually in the cardio section go over there and pick them up leave me alone.
5 If I pick up some weights, dont feel that you have to pick ones up heavier than mine, then struggle to do the exercise it will make you look - stupid.
6 The gym is not a fashion parade, if you must wear only thin strips of spandex, please have the type of body that looks good in it.
7 I do not care or even look at how much weight you can lift, so trying to show off is only going to give you an injury.
8 Small grunting noises while working out are fine sounding like you are having wild passionate humpies is not cool.
9 Walking at 1mph on the treadmill while chatting to your girlfriend on the phone is not really a workout you will get more exercise pacing up and down on the phone at home so go home and stop hogging the equipment.
10 I can see that you are staring at me, please go stare at somebody else or at least do it inconspicuously. Standing right next to me watching me work out is freaky!
11 The chat up line so, do you work out?, never works in a gym think about it.
12 Working out for 10 minutes, then going over to the smoothie bar for an oreo, double chocolate chunk shake, is not going to help you lose weight. Note smoothie does not equal healthy.
- 07-19-2006, 10:46 AM
And this is why I never make direct eye contact to females in the gym. I figure I like my workout time uninterupted and i'm sure they do as well.
Sounds like you had a bad day KG. Hope it goes better
07-19-2006, 10:50 AM
to add to that, no other male should squat naked in front of another male. this is just uncalled for.
07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
07-19-2006, 11:06 AM
07-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Anyone found sitting on a bench or standing in a rack on their cell phone not using said bench or rack will be beaten with a 45, no questions asked...
07-19-2006, 11:24 AM
07-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Ha Ha I love it karategirl, let me add a few.
1. If you can't do the exercise with AT LEAST good form DROP the damm weight!!!!
2. Spend more time lifting weights, less time flexing in the mirror thinking your big!
07-19-2006, 11:29 AM
07-19-2006, 11:37 AM
If your on a machine, don't use the one next to it as a towel, journal, or waterbottle rack. That always pisses me off!
07-19-2006, 11:42 AM
If I see another C0%ksukr, doing curls in a Power Rack, I'm gonna split his head open. Okay, so that's more a statement, but you get the point
07-19-2006, 12:02 PM
If you don't want me to look at your body - don't wear those short..tight outfits that scream "HOT BODY" on the floor.
loose baggy sweats and a large t-shirt will hide things just fine and are just as good for working out as the above.
'Cause as far as I'm concerned if you show it and it's any kind of good looking - I'm going to OGLE IT - so get over it...get over yourself.
my own gripe - If you're gonna rest for more than 15 sec. get off of the !@#ng bench/machine etc!! Let me work on thru.
07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
I'd also like to add something...and I'm not some crazy narcissist. I'm 5'10" 265 lbs (contest weight is 240-245 to give an idea of how much roly poly I'm carrying around) and I had my own gf watch a few girls do this to confirm that i wasnt going crazy...and it makes me uncomfortable if and when i notice it...
- If you (female) are working out with your boyfriend, f%$k buddy, or even a gay friend, please stop staring at ME. It leads to insecure man syndrome (dirty looks, trying to lift more than me, following me around and flexing, orgasmic sounds bellowing out of them while benching 225)
- If I'm wearing a tank top to the gym it's not to show off my "guns", it's becaue its motherfu$%in hot and i sweat like a bastard
I must say, I've worked out at many "types" of gyms, from health clubs to gyms like powerhouse, golds, tiny local gyms, everything; and all I can say is that there certainly are some social faux pas' that occur across the board.
Oh and for the record, I have never tried to pick up a girl at the gym. The only thing I pick up are heavy ass weights.
(and if you are a guy trying to pick up a girl at the gym and see me smiling...yes, I'm laughing at you)
07-19-2006, 12:47 PM
A-******-men!Originally Posted by Viperspit
**Edit**: The only exception to this rule would be if said person was curling >135#. Then I may let it slide.
07-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I've lost at least three pairs in the last few monthsOriginally Posted by Ziricote
At least I know I am not doing those sissy half squats.
07-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Beowulf
You mean you dont load up the bar with 405, do 2 reps moving the weight 6 inches, and then get a hi-five from your training partner!!??
07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
I think the gym could actually be a good place to meet girls. At least that way you know you share something in common. That being said, the "do you workout" line is garbage, and you have to read a girls body language to figure out if she is interested.
07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
My most annoying not removing your weights or putting them back in the proper place when your done. I hate removing someone elses weight from a Bench or Rack
07-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Amen, and yea if you Fukr's can't read the damn DB Rack plates that clearly specify which DB's go where, then go home, call up your local school and enroll in a GED program. I fukin hate it when your luggin 100's + back to the rack and find a pair of 30's sitting in it's place.
Originally Posted by mixedup
07-19-2006, 01:39 PM
07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Yes they are, but if you are 150lbs overweight, and didn't even manage to break a sweat in your workout, I am not sure you deserve oneOriginally Posted by NickyNoNames
(I had a particular person in mind when I wrote that one).
07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I also find it hilarious when out of shape guys walk around like they have a 60 inch chest. You all know what I'm referring to. That spread out arm look like they're trying to hug a barrel
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
1. If you looked at it, considered using it or your sweat is on it, then that bench is yours.
2. Ask the biggest guy in the gym, he knows everything.
3. That girl with the spandex butt from heaven loves it when you watch her constantly.
4. If someone tells you, you look great.. then it's true.
5. Runners love to be called skinny.
6. Meat heads never frequent the cardio area and the civilized human never clangs the weight.
7. Just jump in. Nobody expects you to ask everytime you wish to use the equipment they are currently using.
8. Air guitar and drums is quite acceptable while you are relaxing on the only bench available.
9. Water fountains are great location to gather or hibernate.
10. If it is heavy you must drop it.
11. 15 1 inch reps are better than 1 full rep.
12. Careful you may get too big!
PS. karategirl - nice back.
07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh the irony of this all. I have a website coming very soon that covers much of what you have all expressed!
07-19-2006, 02:48 PM
No, that is a waste of time. I load up the bar with 5 plates, wait around for a while then take them off. At that point I take out my scissors and cut a whole in my underwear. Man, what a workoutOriginally Posted by Rocky82
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigmacdaddy18 in forum Training ForumReplies: 40Last Post: 01-14-2017, 07:33 PM
- By WYD02 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM
- By DreamWeaver in forum Training ForumReplies: 77Last Post: 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM
- By DarCSA in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 11-25-2002, 08:18 PM
- By hamper19 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2002, 08:17 PM