Next generation Ipod-

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They have had the same style for a while, first with the regular screen, then with the photo, and now with the video...I just don't want to buy one and them do a complete overhaul on the design in a month or two. Anyone know when the next generation ipods will be out?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Microsoft is coming out with something...I'm sure it will be pretty damn nice.

Supposedly it will "look and feel" similar to traditional ipods, yet cost only $50.
Microsoft Takes On iPod With $50 MP3 Player :: iPod Hacks :: The Latest and Greatest News and Info for Your iPod

In addition, they are going to be working with partners to really challenge Apple.
Gates Talks About Microsoft MP3 Player - Softpedia

IMO, I see cell phones/cameras/and mp3 / video players becomign an all-in-one device sometime in the future.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
IMO, I see cell phones/cameras/and mp3 / video players becomign an all-in-one device sometime in the future.
I already own one ;) (Nokia N80)

Problem is that I can't strap it to my arm and work out with it, so I still want to buy an Ipod.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Goddamn i'm smart.... :rofl:

K....learn how to strap it to ur arm. duct tape and a bluetooth headset ought to do the trick.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
they need to make it out of aerogel....that stuff is amazing.

if you dont know what it is...its a solid lighter than air( or 2x heavier) its called solid smoke...i have actually touched some before and its cool as hell...it has a transparent smoky blue tint and it is SUPER LIGHT. It can stop bullets supposedly and withstand heat greater than that of the sun( think torch underneath a thin areogel sample with some crayons on top....crayons will not be affected at all) you can buy it online too.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
No answer to your question Jblaze but I do have an observation. On a recent airplane trip, my seatmate was some 120 year old woman with thick glasses and wearing an old woman shawl. I look up from my reading halfway through the flight and she's listening to an Ipod nano and checking her text messages on her cellphone. You know that a piece of tech has become ubiquitous when the grandmother set is using it.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
That's funny Yeahright... On a trip to Thailand a while back, I saw Buddhist monks at a temple using flashy cobalt blue cell phones.. it was a trip.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
They have had the same style for a while, first with the regular screen, then with the photo, and now with the video...I just don't want to buy one and them do a complete overhaul on the design in a month or two. Anyone know when the next generation ipods will be out?

You just have to have the most up to date mp3 player out dont ya:D Lets be honest you go to the gym to look at the pretty ladies, what do you need music for?:D