Spectacular astronomy pictures!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Webshots - Images of My Favorite Astronomy Pictures

I stole my new avy from here, check these out. It astonishes me regaurdless of how much we learn and grow we dont know $h!t. How many things do we have opinions about that we could truly have no concept to understand. The rarity of life, and the posibility of another kind of life we couldnt see with our eyes open, keeps me awake sometimes.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah... i love these type of pics too.. it kind of reminds me of the human mind, do you get what i mean? maybe i did to much drugs in the past....but yeah there is so much more out there and im sure there is alot of life out there in the depths.

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
this is one of my favs..

looks like it was took on another planet, eh maybe it was, its hard to believe these are real, but im sure they are, amazing.

fatbasturd

Awards
those were some nice pics but some of the don't look real:blink:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Well we know maybe .000001% about the universes and galaxys around us so maybe we dont know what REAL is. I know what your saying tho the pics look painted and kinda have the soap opera haze/glow to em.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree. Take the first one, of Jupiter, for instance. If that is supposed to be the Sun in the distance, where is the light coming from to give all of that color and detail on the dark side? Seems to me that the dark side of Jupiter would be REALLY dark. jmo

dd

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
GEEZ WHAT A LOSER!! Haha just kidding, I love that stuff too. It is amazing how beatiful astronomical photos can be. Plus when you look at that small image your brain can't even comprehend the fact that the nebula you are looking at spans many LIGHT YEARS across. Absolutely stunning.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
cool pics. the black hole is definately drawn up though. i could've drew that in 1st grade.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
very fascinating.

I like to think about how the galaxy around us just never stops ending, and to think about that and just keep thinking about deeper and deeper into space just blows me away. Its kind of like that feeling if you stare at yourself in the mirror and your mind starts thinking about you and its just werid (maybe that last part is just me but if you try it it's fricken weird)

even though it was one of the more common pictures I love the "big blue marbel" picture of earth. The image of earth with the cloud covering always amazes me.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
i was always a sucker for space in school.....too bad we dont study that anymore...lets balance some chem equations instead! and find out how many moles of NH25765388D78G7678 it takes to occupy CO2He45769874789634897( yes its made up) at STP...blah....planets kick ass though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xjsynx Sports Talk 3