Vicodin Addiction

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I just had surgery to repair my umbilical hernia last Thursday. They prescribed Vicodin to me for the pain. On the bottle it said to take 1-2 every 4 hours as pain persists and do not exceed 8 a day. Understandable. I need the full amount every day, I was in alot of pain. So I was taking 2 every 4 hours and 8 a day total. It has been 5 days since surgery and I took 2 this morning and this afternoon I realized I don't need the Vicodin anymore.

Anyways, 5 hours after my morning dose I felt like I was going to pass out and I still feel really dizzy. Im not going to take any more of them. I guess I just want to warn everyone out there, This stuff is REALLY Physically addicting and to be careful if you ever end up taking them. Im sure this is common knowledge, but I just wanted to share my experience.

fatbasturd

Awards
my exbrother-n-law is addicted to vicadin
he has lost everything but his job because of this coincidently thats where he gets them from

just like everyother drug out there except you can get this one from a doctor which kinda makes it seem ok

btw i hope your surgery went well
a fiend of mine just had his last week as well. ithink its his 3rd surgery in the past 4 years

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
"ex brother in law?" Did your sister divorce him because of his addiction?

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I was prescribed vicodin after a shoulder injury, and i feel you. It can be very addicting. The feeling of euphoria that goes with it is something that is hard to let go. I threw mine away when i wasn't in any pain anymore. You don't want to end up like Mark Kerr :jaw:

fatbasturd

Awards
"ex brother in law?" Did your sister divorce him because of his addiction?
actually he was my wifes step brother so my brother in law
her got a divorce from her step dad making him my ex bro in law

haha damn redneck family:jaw:

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I took them for 4 days or so after having surgery and I didnt have that big of trouble getting off. Guess it depends on the person.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I was prescribed vicodin after a shoulder injury, and i feel you. It can be very addicting. The feeling of euphoria that goes with it is something that is hard to let go. I threw mine away when i wasn't in any pain anymore. You don't want to end up like Mark Kerr :jaw:
Was it Vicodin/opiates that mark kerr was addicted to? I watched that movie about him and I thought at least one of the drugs was liquid Valium that he was injecting.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure exactly what he was taking, but I know he was on some heavy narcotics.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Was it Vicodin/opiates that mark kerr was addicted to? I watched that movie about him and I thought at least one of the drugs was liquid Valium that he was injecting.
He was addicted to a number of harder Opiates and Over all muscle relaxers, Xanax from what i could tell from THE SMASHING MACHINE.

As for vicidin/any other drug, its all a mind set. 90% of us can take anything and just stop the next day, but with alot of pressure in the world, people look for escapes to get them by and can become addicted to these escapes as a couping mechinism. Vicidin is pretty potent, i prefer Perc's, makes me non-drowsy, when i'm injuried or hurt.

Anyways stay strong, hope your recovery goes well.

Dr liftalot

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to get too far off of topic, but watch The Smashing Machine and you will see what Rodja and the others are talking as far as addiction and the path it can lead to.

Hope your recovery is going well and best of luck.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Unless you consider his life to be a tragedy and waste of talent...

I will always wonder what could have become of Mark Kerr.
He was not the first, he won't be the last.
Many people try to find success via a chemical pathway, however when you examine the habits of any successful person the difference between potential and realized success is usually discipline.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had my wisdom teeth removed, and I took Vicodin for about 2 weeks straight. I had dry sockets, and it hurt bad. I had serious cravings for weeks afterwards. I really didnt even like the feeling of Vicodin vs Drinking. Narcotics are the most addictive drugs IMO.
I dont even get addicted to Nicotine. I was almost going to call up people I havent talked to in years to find some Opium to smoke. The cravings were there, but Id drink a beer instead and they went away after a bit.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had my wisdom teeth removed, and I took Vicodin for about 2 weeks straight. I had dry sockets, and it hurt bad. I had serious cravings for weeks afterwards. I really didnt even like the feeling of Vicodin vs Drinking. Narcotics are the most addictive drugs IMO.
I dont even get addicted to Nicotine. I was almost going to call up people I havent talked to in years to find some Opium to smoke. The cravings were there, but Id drink a beer instead and they went away after a bit.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. How do I set that pic to my avatar.
Right click it and save it somewhere easy to find (desktop). While on AM.com scroll to the top of your screen and click on User CP, click Edit Avatar on the left hand side, click Browse to upload a picture from your cp, double click the pic you want, and then click Save Changes. The end!

The funny thing is that I pieced that together on MS Paint. It was two different pix that I found online, but they fit perfectly.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you now have to be a gold member to have an avatar. :wtf:
Its not enough now that I purchase from the board sponsors.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, b/c there are others that have them that are not gold...maybe they were grandfathered in. Guess we should probably leave it at that though b4 we start to jack the thread more than we already have.