I had a bladder tumor removed, any advice

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.5%

I had a bladder tumor removed, any advice

last week I had what they call a transitional cell papilloma removed. Some people say it cancer, some do not but the recurrance rate is high so I have to have a cystoscopy every 3 months in a hospital. The best thing I can do is prevent these bastards from coming back. Aside from Garlic, is there anything I should take to prevent tumor growth in the bladder?

Im scared **** man.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Research the following;

folic acid..in high doses
    vitamin D
    fish oil
    green tea extract
    curcumin
    inusitol hexaphosphate (IP-6)

for starters.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.8%

Quote Originally Posted by jhferry
    last week I had what they call a transitional cell papilloma removed. Some people say it cancer, some do not but the recurrance rate is high so I have to have a cystoscopy every 3 months in a hospital. The best thing I can do is prevent these bastards from coming back. Aside from Garlic, is there anything I should take to prevent tumor growth in the bladder?

Im scared **** man.
    There are some seriously clever people on here - not least of all the chap who replied first. However your doctor has specialized training and should be the first port of call, has he recommended anything?

I had a look on google as I had never heard of this and stumbled across a few links that may be useful/may be not:

Entrez PubMed

Cancer Risk and Diet in India
    Sinha R, Anderson DE, McDonald SS, Greenwald P J Postgrad Med

View Image

Hope everything goes well for you mate.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.5%

My doctor removed the tumor so technically I dont have anything to treat. I am going to go through a regimen of cleansing (bowel, liver, kidney/bladder) to get things working in tip top shape. The goal now is to keep that recurring rate of over 50% to 0%.

Every 3 months I will get scoped. The recurrance is highest the first year. I had a bunch of supps Im going to sell on ebay but I cant take a chance taking any compounds right now. I though I read something about green tes, is the extract (like lean green) just as potent?

im also keeping sesamin in my regimen and maybe a real good epa product and BCAA's.

Anyone think Whey is still ok?

I found this on

Cancer - beating the odds

WHEY PROTEIN

This is an excellent source of the molecules the cells need to stay healthy, the building blocks of our RNA/DNA. There are many choices of whey protein that are simply that: a protein. Then there are others that are concentrates of the biologically active proteins that play a major role in the repair of RNA and DNA, antioxidant production (Glutathione precursors), improved liver function and red blood cell production, the binding and safe removal of heavy metals, wound healing, growth of new muscle and the support of various immune functions. I highly recommend the Undenatured Whey Protein Concentrate you will find in the RESOURCES at right, because it is a precursor (required for the production) of Glutathione (GSH). It contains exceptionally high amounts of undenatured Cysteine and Glutamine, the amino acids required for intracellular GSH production.

F*ck cancer

In addition to what was listed already which I will have to research. How does this look so far?
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.62%

Whey is definitely good for maintaining the immune system. Definitely stay away from all hormonal supps from now on.

I view the aforementioned supps as good ancillaries to whatever your Dr may advise. All have a good track record of safety and low occurence of complications, but of course ultimately, your health is in your hands Dr or no Dr.

Good luck. With a clean diet and good supp regime, I bet you can beat the odds.
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.58%

I second the use of curcumin. Many recent studies have shown the effectiveness of this product at reducing tumor growth.
    cc
    ps. were you a smoker?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.5%

Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    I second the use of curcumin. Many recent studies have shown the effectiveness of this product at reducing tumor growth.
    cc
    ps. were you a smoker?

I smoked herb in most of my twenties. I quit awhile ago though.

Also, someone over at MM told me to stay away from way due to it being anabolic and contributing to tumor growth (as I guess anything anabolic would be)

What is a protein source that is not anabolic. I have to stay away from most meats for awhile (cleansing) Since I dont really have a tumor now I consider myself free of cancer and want to keep it that way. I dont want to give up on lifting though so I need a protein source.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.62%

I would look into that accusation that whey could cause tumor growth. I personally don't buy it. Whey is only "anabolic" in so far as any protein/carb based food promotes anabolism, which in this case we are talking solely about muscle nitrogen retention versus any sort of hormonal effect. It is not anabolic in the sense of creating or raising more hormones.

Whey's health properties have been heavily documented and I would weigh this benefit heavily against any rumor to the contrary.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.5%

Im with you on the whey. How about the casein and soy proteins. There has been good evidence that not only is soy good for building mass but has immune supporting properties as well. It really got a bad name for the estrogen issue but I think T-mag started alot of that.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.62%

Casein is good and has a lot of the same properties as whey. Soy I am not a fan of for a base protein due to it's tendencies to inhibit mineral absorption. Estrogen-wise, I don't think it's much of an issue. In small amounts, i doubt it is bad at all, but if it were me I wouldn't use it as my main source of protein.

Just my 2 cents. Would like to see those who have experience with cancer speak up.
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.58%

I would suggest eating lots of oats, get your vitamins and supplement with some fish oil. Also, curcumin, as mentioned above, would be great. To prevent reccurence I suggest mainting a proper diet and exercise consistanty. That is pretty much all you can do at this point. Avoid smoking anything.
    cc
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.62%

Bladder cancers are quite positively linked, if memory serves me, to chemical exposures such as pesticides or other petrochemicals.

Obviously, you want to avoid these if possible.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.5%

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Bladder cancers are quite positively linked, if memory serves me, to chemical exposures such as pesticides or other petrochemicals.

Obviously, you want to avoid these if possible.
    Your right, from the research it looks that way. The area I am was living in has a high risk as well. I did smoke tons of weed in my 20's but I cant worry about trying to find the cause. I dont currently have cancer, Im trying to keep it that way while still being able to lift.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.5%

Casein is good and has a lot of the same properties as whey. Soy I am not a fan of for a base protein due to it's tendencies to inhibit mineral absorption. Estrogen-wise, I don't think it's much of an issue. In small amounts, i doubt it is bad at all, but if it were me I wouldn't use it as my main source of protein.

Just my 2 cents. Would like to see those who have experience with cancer speak up.

I dont need to inhibit mineral absorption. I will be fasting and juicying to cleanze my organs.

So you think maybe a casein/whey combo? I too would think someone has had a cancer tumor taken out on this board. Maybe they just didnt go as nuts as I am.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.62%

Grunt76 might also be able to answer some questions, however he is currently on the mend with broken hands.

You're not nuts...I'd do everything you're doing and more. Preventative measures may seem wacky to some people, but I feel they are worth their weight in gold. If nothing else, it's inspiring to see people take their health seriously and take matters into their own hands.

Good luck and feel free to pester the board as much as you like.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.5%

Research the following;

folic acid..in high doses
    vitamin D
    fish oil
    green tea extract
    curcumin
    inusitol hexaphosphate (IP-6)

for starters.

Curcumin is a mixed bag it looks like, check this out:

Curcumin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you guys think there is anything supplement wise that would be sfae to take? Creatine or something like that?

I have all kind of USPlabs products, leptigen mass, taurine and BCAA's. I would hate to sell them all but I guess I could put them on Ebay If I had too. I trust the companies but lets face it, alot of these things have not stood the test of time. Creatine however really is mostly about recovery, I dont see it contributing to tumors. I really dont think Leptigen would be a problem either. The USPlabs are anabolic so I dont know about them.

BCAA's are building blocks but also anabolic right? So maybe dont take them?

I guess in the end I want to be able to take sesamin, creatine(maybe) whey protein and whatever else seems like no problem.

In the end, mentally it makes all the difference If I can build the body I want.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 12:26 AM
  2. Clen any advice?
    By psu 1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:03 PM
  3. My diet plan...first time so any advice is welcomed.
    By tommy36p in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 03:42 AM
  4. First cycle, any advice?
    By max0d in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 03:11 PM
  5. First cycle.....any advice?
    By BBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 08:51 AM