Think Arnold Will Make Any More Movies?

1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Think Arnold Will Make Any More Movies?

Im watching Terminator 2 right now, and it kind of makes me sad that Arnold Schwarzenegger might not be doing any more movies now that he's into politics. I could really go for a Predator 3 and/or King Conan flick before he retires from film. Is he planning to stay on in politics or is he going to go back to doing what he does best?

BV

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'd love to see another movie but I don't know if I could handle seeing him old and not the 'commando' I remember him as...I hate seeing my action heros get old.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

Yeah me too - he looked real good in T3 though. All he needs is a little HRT

BV
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

look at Sly, he still has it. A few cycles under the Kindergarden Cops belt and he'll be back in business
  5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.38%

I imagine that this will be up to the voters of the state of California. They don't appear too happy with him:

Posted on Thu, Apr. 13, 2006

Governor's approval rating stuck in neutral
    Field Poll number is the same as last June, although some critical voters are now undecided
    By Aaron C. Davis
    TIMES SACRAMENTO BUREAU

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's overall approval rating remains lodged just under 40 percent -- statistically unchanged since June -- according to a Field Poll released today.

Despite the low number, the poll's authors say the fine print hides good news for the governor -- continuing a trend of recent polling data that indicates the governor may slowly be winning back voters after a stinging rebuke at the polls in November's special election.

"His approval rating is stuck," said Field Poll director Mark DiCamillo, "But there is some cause for optimism for the governor. Some people who were critical of the governor last year have moved onto the fence. They're more undecided now. They're not sure what to think since the governor's repositioned himself."

The key indicator, pollsters say, is the number of registered voters who now report having "no opinion" of the governor's job performance. That number has doubled from 7 percent to 14 percent since last fall.

While it may seem counter-intuitive, the more people undecided right now the better for Schwarzenegger because the difference is coming from a corresponding drop in those saying they "disapprove" of his performance.

"When politicians try to move from negative to positive, it really is a two-step process," DiCamillo said. "People don't go straight from negative to positive. They go from negative to undecided, and then maybe to positive."

Democrats on Wednesday, however, interpreted the governor's 39 percent approval rating as a "mediocre" report card that indicates he's vulnerable come November.

The governor's opponents also honed in on another key finding of the poll: A majority of Californians still believe the state "is seriously off on the wrong track." Field Poll has posed the question to voters dozens of times during the past five years and received consistently high negative remarks. The one exception was in September 2004 when more respondents than not said the state was heading in the right direction during Schwarzenegger's first year in office.

Schwarzenegger campaign press secretary Julie Soderlund said the governor is undeterred by the stalling numbers.

"We're happy with where we are at this point and look forward to continuing to talk about the issues important to California voters."

The latest Field Poll on the governor follows one released last week by San Jose State that pegged Schwarzenegger's approval rating at 45 percent among voters, up from 39 percent in January.

A survey by the Public Policy Institute of California late last month also found Schwarzenegger holding a solid lead over either of his Democratic challengers -- Treasurer Phil Angelides or Controller Steve Westly -- in a head-to-head battle, although 30 percent remained undecided.

If there was anything the Field Poll found the public supports, it's the governor's huge infrastructure proposal, which still remains just that -- a proposal.

Although the governor and legislature failed to reach a deal to put the plan on the June ballot, voters still favor the proposal to spend $200 billion on new roads, schools and levees by a margin of 57 percent to 30 percent.

If the governor and legislature lock horns over the plan again for the November ballot, voters were split over who they would support, as 41 percent said they would support the legislature and 38 percent said they would support Schwarzenegger.

Field interviewed 917 registered voters from April 3 to April 10, splitting the pool into two groups for questioning, and leaving a margin of error of plus or minus 4.8 percentage points.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

Hopefully, dealing with the political system put a bad taste in his mouth and he'll make a couple more flicks...he's got to know his fans are clamoring for Predator 3 and one last Conan. He can get back to politicas after that

BV
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.29%

I've heard a rumour about a 4th Terminator movie.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.09%

I just watched Predator for about the thousandth time and all I could think was I really wish he would make the real Pedator 2...Danny Glover, WTF!!?? Any ways since he's been gone there has been a big gap in action heroes. The Rock just hasn't stepped up.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

I actually liked Predator 2 a lot, but its not the same without Arnold. Vin Diesel was also slated to be the 'next arnold', and he could have come close - but you can tell he's slimmed down to try and fit into what hollywood feels the 'leading man' should look like.
  10. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I remember reading the slide bars of CNN when Arnie first announced he was going into politics, and I clearly remember seeing the announcement that a T4 would be made regardless of the election outcome, so maybe there's still hope. If not at least we still have Sly revamping Rambo and Rocky.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

Yeah, Im psyched about a new Rambo movie. Stallone is into anti-aging big-time and its obvious he's on HRT, he looks great.
  12. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yeah, I finally believed he could pull those movies off after seeing some of his workouts on "The Contender". The dudes a role model for aging people everywhere for sure. Just wish Arnold would follow suit, cause I saw some vacation photos in one of those tabloid papers you tend to read while waiting at the check out line and my heart dropped down to my left nut when I saw what the Terminator had turned into. I guess that's the stress of life taking it's toll.

13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.41%

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns
    Yeah, I finally believed he could pull those movies off after seeing some of his workouts on "The Contender". The dudes a role model for aging people everywhere for sure. Just wish Arnold would follow suit, cause I saw some vacation photos in one of those tabloid papers you tend to read while waiting at the check out line and my heart dropped down to my left nut when I saw what the Terminator had turned into. I guess that's the stress of life taking it's toll.
    I bet his skin is all stretched out and it looks like he has man boobs , alas....
  14. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%

Let's just say that it doesn't come close to your avatar.

15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.09%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    I actually liked Predator 2 a lot, but its not the same without Arnold. Vin Diesel was also slated to be the 'next arnold', and he could have come close - but you can tell he's slimmed down to try and fit into what hollywood feels the 'leading man' should look like.
    Vin has slimmed down alot. The Rock has slimmed way down since his wrestling days. I heard him in an interview say that his agent told him to slim down or hollywood wouldn't give him any parts.
  16. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%

Yeah, I heard that interview to. Hollywood seems to always go towards the skinny asthetics, which sucks because I like those old movies where the hero was huge, the obstacles where huge, and the main bad dude was even bigger. It made that final fight all the better, ala Arnie fighting a bigger and badder Predator, Rocky clubbing it out with Clubber and Drago, and Conan fighting that damn freaky monster at the end of Destroyer.

17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

T3 sucked, how bad would T4 be? that was not his fault, though.
    I liked T3 quite a bit, actually. It was rated R at least, and Arnold looked great in it. The pic you're referring to:

Has been going around various tabloids for over a decade now, I think its either a fake or shortly before/after his heart surgery. He looked good in T3, not nearly as big as he did in his 30's of course, but I doubt he was using any steroids either.

Here's a pic from T3:

He definitely looked to be in pretty good shape with low BF, probably 210-215 as opposed to the 230+ he was in his earlier films.

In the special features of 'collateral damage' there's some footage of him flexing for a crowd of fans, and he looked pretty big and definitely ripped (at least his arms), and that was way after those supposed tabloid pics were taken.

BV
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.55%

i sure hope he does.. cause last action hero OWNZ me.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    T3 sucked, how bad would T4 be? that was not his fault, though.

I don't think Arnold's got it anymore, but I'd still watch anything he made before I'd watch another Seagal movie.
    Dude Seagal is the king of light action movie entertainment!
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I don't think that's really him BigV - the face looks much different than the political photos I've seen in the paper.
    Must be some old-azz Ahnold look-alike.

BTW - to answer your question - I hope not.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.78%

I think if he got back on steroids he could definetly make a comeback. As it is he looks incredible for almost 60 years old.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.62%

That post is pretty much fake...i've seen plenty of tabloid shots that were fake....got a friend that works for one, and she has said some of them are docked
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  23. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote
    I've heard a rumour about a 4th Terminator movie.
    Arnold already stated he won't be in it. The 4th one is supposed to be during the actual war of machines vs. humans in the future.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

He was set to film "I am Legend"...the book by Matheson. "The Omega Man" was loosely based off of it.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  25. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%

I heard about that. Wasn't he suppose to film that one right after Sixth Day? When I read his project line up which included King Conan, Westland, Terminator 3, and I am Legend. I got pretty excited about Legend cause the premise of the book was awesome and Arnold would have been perfectly cast as the last human on Earth.

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.53%

Arnold is my hero..always will be!!
  27. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.72%

Quote Originally Posted by AGELESS
    Arnold is my hero..always will be!!

The Pillsbury Dough Boy is my hero I love him like I love biscuits
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx
    Arnold already stated he won't be in it. The 4th one is supposed to be during the actual war of machines vs. humans in the future.
    That actually sounds pretty interesting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any supplements that will make my mom less of a bitch?
    By Buffspartan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
  2. Long Readbut Will Make You Think Twice About Fish Oils !!
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM
  3. Will a test booster make any difference in pct?
    By hungryH in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 02:38 AM
  4. Will a test booster make any difference in pct?
    By hungryH in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 02:51 AM
  5. Will you be stocking Any More energy Drinks?
    By themandaloria in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM