check out my new car just got on the road yesterday

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
what does everyone think.. 2000 jetta many mods.

only pics i got of her via computer so far.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very,very clean looking. You'll have to post some interior pics. Get a good price for it?

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
I go to a lot of vw / bmw car shows and this is definitely one of the nicest I have come across.

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
thanks guys, yea decent price 7 grand, 85 thousand miles, not bad considering how clean it is. only 2.0 though :( but planin on throwin a supercharger in next spring. and def gona post some interior pics up next time i get hold of a camera.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
A car that is good on gas, I'm getting something like that my next ride I'm sick of paying 80 bucks every week on gas.... Your car is SUPER clean good buy!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
sweet car man, extremly clean lines and very sleek. Interested in the interior pictures

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
didnt' know VW made an MIII - if that is the emblem I see in the front grill :) = very clean.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
that grill emblem looks like the audio "s" series logo. slight resemblance to the "m" logo from bmw. anyhow, really nice jetta. looks real sharp. i almost bought a gli when i graduated from high school. but instead got an suv. wish i was in that jetta right abt now- wouldn't have to sell my left testicle to fill up...

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Nice car!

We may be taking home a '06 Grand Cherokee today. The dealer has a great lease going on it...$250/mth for 27 months with nothing down. Gotta love that!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It could be the Audi symbol, or if it is an import it could just be an MKII Jetta. I have a Jetta as well, they are sweet cars..Where is JBlaze? He thinks they are girl cars...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
nice ride bro lots of mods for 7 k, got a stereo too?

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
well what's the symbol?? - hehe - I thought audi as well, forgot about the MKII but I thought those where older jettas, pre 2000? no idea. What mods came with it and why a supercharger, why not a turbo??

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Might as well just drop a VR6 in it. You'd be a lot happier

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I drove a Jetta for a winter several years ago.. VERY solid car! I was very impressed with it and I had the base model, non-turbo...

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Might as well just drop a VR6 in it. You'd be a lot happier

Maybe but for that kind of loot - to find a VR6 engine in great condition plus the new computer and tranny you will need (I may be wrong about the tranny) you could do a forged rebuild, turbo and all the supporting goodies and put out 400hp+ for equal to less money and have a much faster car than just a vr6.

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
yea, its an mk4 just to clear up any confusion. A vr6 would be nice, i had an mk3 gti vr6 and i loved the thing, but it would be to much money and like pfunk said to much engine tranny work. Nuespeed makes perfect supercharger for the 2.0s for $2500 bucks. Fits in there perfect with very little surrounding upgrades.

check it
. ..:. Neuspeed Product Details .:.. .

n as for turbo the car does have 85 thousand on in, always kinda weary on putting a turbo on a car with that much wear n tear on the engine. think the supercharger would just be healthier. what u guys think?

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Do you do a lot of work yourself? or know people that can fab stuff up for you?

IMO $2500 is a lot for onl 40 more HP, you'll also need a bigger exhaust - $700-1000 for neuspeed. The chip they give you does all your fuel so that is cool and for only 40 hp more your talking like maybe 5lbs of boost. On a stock compression (which is?? 11:5:1?)
5lbs is about your max else your going to detonate those pistons, melt the 85,000 mile rings and be out of an engine.

Personally unless that comes with a limited slip, which I don't think they do, having that much extra tork in FWD your gogin to get a lot of wheel hop (unless you upgrade all your bushings to poly and suspension) and really make you just spin the tires in 1st, probably in 2nd as well.

If you do all yor work and/or know people that do - you could get new forged pistons/rods for the bottom end - $800 or less, t3/4 turbo for example (there are so many) for $500 and that will put out 25 psi plus supporting mods another $1000 most likely and put out 3-400hp (all dependent on what you make your compression and set your turbo psi at)

there is a lot more that goes into it than what I listed. I was just stating that for the $2500 your spending - maybe around the same price to $1500 more you could have a hell some serious power - of course you have to know some people else double that for labor. All in all once you start moding and getting into superchargers/turbos your talking lots of $$ and time dont' forget frustration.

I had a 97 gst eclipse - (bad accident totalled in oct/05) that put 433 to the wheels dynoed, currently building a 92 awd eclipse track only car - both turboed so I am biased but my boy has a grand prix GTP with a super charger - In my FWD and his we would be equal in 1st gear (he had about 250 hp or so) but when I hit second his tork helped him no more and I put about 7-10 car lenths on him by the time I hit 3rd. People will say turbo lag sucks but it helps you in a fwd.

Boost is boost no matter if it's a charger or turbo - the PSI amount is what will toast up some rings and or more damage

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
didnt' know VW made an MIII - if that is the emblem I see in the front grill :) = very clean.
its an aftermarket grill... i dont think it represents the VW at all.. i forget who makes the grill.... I was gunna put thst grill on my VW but decided not too since as u can see everyone has it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Very nice car. My wife and I have a 97 Passat 1.8T 5 speed and we love it. We might put a chip and few other goodies in it so it can ride out it's golden years in style.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
go for the Cold Air Intake... I love mines... gives a nice rumble when u punch the gas.