Gaining without the bulkin?

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Hey gang, is it possible to make some good gains in lean muscle without bulking all too much, say increasing regular diet by just 400 calories because i just don't wanna increase calories more than i have to, ya know...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey gang, is it possible to make some good gains in lean muscle without bulking all too much, say increasing regular diet by just 400 calories because i just don't wanna increase calories more than i have to, ya know...
Yeah, it's called lean bulking. Though, every individual's caloric needs are different, I eat almost 700kcals above maintenance according to my BMR. To lean bulk you need to find the careful balance between minimal fat gain and decent muscle gain.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I call it slow bulking because it's gonna take a while :) You just have to skate on the edge of calories needed to gain and calories that will get you added fat. You have to be on your game and know what you're doing though which is okay because you found a place that can give all that to ya and more. Search around in different sections and learn nutritional info and exercise along with routines. If you take your time to learn it you'll be able to do what you want.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Yes it's very possible to gain LBM while keeping bf down. It's a fine line but can be achieved through various methods. Keep in mind your bodies needs are different day to day so diet should reflect that if your to keep fat at bay.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
All right!! So I can actually gain (albeit slowly) without having to eat 4,000 calories a day.. Man, I feel like supersetting chest and back, and then going home to eat my 2 chicken breasts and 1 cup of vegetables!!