how many of you went from SMALL to big

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    Answers

how many of you went from SMALL to big

how many of you are big and muscular right now but when you first started you were really small like 10 inch arms (like me)
    just wondering and how long did it take you to get big

just wondering this sounds very noobish so dont flame

share your change (story) here

2. Registered User
    Answers

I was 103-113 lbs when I was in 8th grade. The summer of 9th grade I was 205. I had eaten alot of food, lifted alot and took creatine. Though when I stopped taking creatine I dropped alot of water weight to 180-190 range.
  3. Gold Member
    Answers

I am 6', and I started out in the 140's with a gut about 4 years ago. My arms must have been around 10-11" I've had a lot of ups and downs since then, but have made a lot of progress in the last year, especially. I am by no means "big" now, but I am an increasingly lean 198-9lbs (arms creeping on 16").
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mason
    I was 103-113 lbs when I was in 8th grade. The summer of 9th grade I was 205. I had eaten alot of food, lifted alot and took creatine. Though when I stopped taking creatine I dropped alot of water weight to 180-190 range.
    geez thats a lotta weight gain
  5. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Age 14 @ 135-140lbs.. Age 16 @ 215-223lbs.. I keep a steady 198-210 these days, and my strength stays the same pretty much.. I started out powerlifting, all I did was squat one day, bench 2 days later, and deads two days after that going up 5-10lbs each time..
  6. Banned
    Answers

i have always been tall, but always VERY thin. people used to make fun of me for being able to see my ribs. my legs were like spaghetti.

The beginning of my soph year of high school i was 180lbs at 6'2, not particularly strong but not particularly weak. Good muscle structure but not developed whatsoever. i started to lift for about 30 minutes after every track practice (i was a high hurdler and high jumper). i put on about 10lbs up to 190 in about a month and got my bench from 180-245.

i then had lacrosse season, and dropped back down to 180. after lacrosse i became very serious about training and nutrition. i put on about 40 lbs during the summer between my soph and junior year of highschool.
  7. Banned
    Answers

40 pounds in a summer is about a pound every other day.....did you cycle steroids?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Gained and lost throughout my life due to various reasons but I was always big...Unfortiunately it also came with a lot of fat too.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Graduated at 180lbs (wrestling weight)1983, 4 years later 200, PL'ed at 198 for some years, broke my shoulder in 93 (still 200), came back and am currently at around 240. It's not a fast track, but a well worn one.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

I started at 200lbs at around 25% +BF and now i'm 266lbs at 13%, arms were like 15" when i started give or take, now they are 19.25". I was a fat bastard then i went down to 175lbs at 13% then i just kept getting more and more serious about lifting. I think part of why i put on size so easy is because i was fat, so it's very possible that my fascial tissue has already been stretched out, plus carrying around excess fat means your body will put on muscle as well to compensate for the extra load. Oh ya and i was the 200lbs in grade 8! YUCK! I lifted on an off before that just curls n stuff.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS
    I started at 200lbs at around 25% +BF and now i'm 266lbs at 13%, arms were like 15" when i started give or take, now they are 19.25". I was a fat bastard then i went down to 175lbs at 13% then i just kept getting more and more serious about lifting. I think part of why i put on size so easy is because i was fat, so it's very possible that my fascial tissue has already been stretched out, plus carrying around excess fat means your body will put on muscle as well to compensate for the extra load. Oh ya and i was the 200lbs in grade 8! YUCK! I lifted on an off before that just curls n stuff.
    Holy **** that is outstanding, and your only frickin 22!! Great Job!
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for the kind words man, I think it's because i eat sleep and breathe lifting. Plus i'm blessed with a ridiculous appetite. I can be eating meal 1 and be thinking about meal 2, lol no joke.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the kind words man, I think it's because i eat sleep and breathe lifting. Plus i'm blessed with a ridiculous appetite. I can be eating meal 1 and be thinking about meal 2, lol no joke.
    That's the American way! It's "what" you choose to eat that makes the difference. You saw my pics, I'm with ya bro, my jaw muscles must be stronger than any other body part the way I work 'em out!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

from 145 to 220 in 5.5 years, im 6'3" so 75 pounds always been lean always around the same BF %. At 18 i had 12.5 inch pythons now im under 18". but my chest/back measure is the best gains to date. Ive only learned to eat in the last 9 months or so.
  15. IBE Representative
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

When I initially started bodybuilding, I weighed 123 lbs @ 5’11". The worst part about it was that I still had a lot of fat in my stomach area. Over the years, I worked up to 207lbs @ 7%. Currently, i'm around 196 at 8% hoping to get back up to 205 or so.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

1982= 185 Just lifting and eating

1984= 200 lifting eating and supps(Aginine?ornithine)

1987= 185 different lifestyle lots of tripping, not much protien

1991= 220 fat need to change lifestyle

1993= 195 lean and mean still not pumping big iron

1996= 200 creatine is the hype, but it makes me smooth as a cucumber

1998= 205 mark mcguire hits 70 and the andro wars begin

2000= 220 new girlfriend calls me fat

2003= 190 lost fat and girlfriend, Started pumping weight again
    2004= 200 start visiting Anabolic Minds!
    2005= 210 lean hard and tired from all the gym time, need to adjust training as age and sport injuries start to slow me down

2006=200 I am as ripped as ever with good muscle group seperations, the weights are starting to feel heavy and I am moving to more stretching and martial arts. The advent of "cissus" may keep me pumping longer than I anticipated
  17. Gate Keeper
    Answers

Graduate high school 6'1 165lbs probably 10%bf
    8 years later (current) 6'2 214lbs 7%

I was skinny my whole life even to the point where the doctor put me on weight gainer to be a "normal" weight.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

I was 158lbs 2.5 years ago at 6'7", sitting around 210lbs now.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  19. Registered User
    Answers

I think i coulda been bigger AND leaner by now i literally JUST learned how to diet to keep all my muscle, really low carbs just don't go well with me, i'm finding that eating a reduced calorie 40/40/20 mix is good for me, it keeps my strength up higher so i can lift more and maintain more muscle. I made the mistake of drastic dieting like 4 times in the past and lost boatloads of fat AND muscle, i think i coulda had atleast 15lbs more muscle on me now if i didn't make mistakes like that. But i still have lotsa time, and from the sounds of it alot of you guys must have some tiny ass joints to be startin at around 120lbs or so.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I think i coulda been bigger AND leaner by now i literally JUST learned how to diet to keep all my muscle, really low carbs just don't go well with me, i'm finding that eating a reduced calorie 40/40/20 mix is good for me, it keeps my strength up higher so i can lift more and maintain more muscle. I made the mistake of drastic dieting like 4 times in the past and lost boatloads of fat AND muscle, i think i coulda had atleast 15lbs more muscle on me now if i didn't make mistakes like that. But i still have lotsa time, and from the sounds of it alot of you guys must have some tiny ass joints to be startin at around 120lbs or so.
    Dude im not tiny but my smal joints allow me to appear to have more weight but when i go shorts in the summer its chicken leg time. I have fused ankle bones and cant develope sideways muscles on my ankles and calf training is compromised some. I have trouble hitting the outer head of calves and 18" arms with 14" calves justs sucks, i have some cree native in me and ive noticed some natives have narrow hips/lower body and wide shoulders/long arms(ahem me). Cheers to apes.
    Last edited by somewhatgifted; 06-23-2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typo
  21. Registered User
    Answers

No one is perfect bro we all have our own flaws, but only we as bodybuilders obsess over them the average person wouldn't look at you and think OMG that guy's physique is unbalanced, it would be more like WTF, look at those arms! lol
  22. Board Supporter
    Answers

when I started lifting I was roughly 125lbs at the very most. Very skinny and lean. When I graduated high school I was a ripped 155lbs. Now at 23yrs old when I stopped bulking about 1.5 months ago I was 245 due to dieting I am roughly 232lbs. I won't even venture a guess at bf% but can still see my top 4 abs and my serratus. Oh and I am 5'11".
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Because pictures are worth so much more...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  24. Banned
    Answers

awesome changes

i am going to take a before picture once i am able to train every body part then i wil take an after picture after my bulk, which will prolly take a lonnnng time because im bulking until i no longer think i have puny arms (right now their 10 inch),
    right now i can only do curls, tris, legs, forearms *pissed*
    rotator cufs suck *angry*
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khan8
    awesome changes

i am going to take a before picture once i am able to train every body part then i wil take an after picture after my bulk, which will prolly take a lonnnng time because im bulking until i no longer think i have puny arms (right now their 10 inch),
    right now i can only do curls, tris, legs, forearms *pissed*
    rotator cufs suck *angry*
    theres nowhere to go but up.:bb: :bb2:
  26. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khan8
    40 pounds in a summer is about a pound every other day.....did you cycle steroids?
    haha no i did not but i was already drinking a gallon of milk a day at that point just for the heck of it. 40lbs from the end of lacrosse to the beginning of junior year is extreme but i was so undeveloped at that point that it was possible without gear.

i was however called down to one of the school faculty's office to be questioned about whether i had used steroids, on a side note. at that point i thought nitro tech was cutting edge psycho material. the only thing it nitro teched was my ass
  27. board observer
    Answers

khan8, your biggest asset is time. I'd pay a lot of money to go back in time and be able to read a forum like this when I was 15. I always wanted to get bigger in high school, but I didn't really know how.
  28. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  222 lbs.
    Answers

When I was a senior in highschool, I was 6'3" tall and weighed in at 150lbs wet. Now I try to stay somewhere between 215 and 230. The most i've ever weighed was 245lbs, but I felt tired and slow at that weight.
  29. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    When I was a senior in highschool, I was 6'3" tall and weighed in at 150lbs wet. Now I try to stay somewhere between 215 and 230. The most i've ever weighed was 245lbs, but I felt tired and slow at that weight.
    I sorta felt tired and slow at 195. But I was on Superdrol and trying to run 2 miles. My ass felt like it was the size of Oprahs.
    booty booty booty rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere.

What is it with SD/PP and the almost instant butt jiggle once it kicks in? Perhaps estrogen?
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gotripped
    I sorta felt tired and slow at 195. But I was on Superdrol and trying to run 2 miles. My ass felt like it was the size of Oprahs.
    booty booty booty rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere.

What is it with superdrol/PP and the almost instant butt jiggle once it kicks in? Perhaps estrogen?
    That's the first time I've heard of that side effect, most people complain about the titty jiggle afterwards!
  31. Banned
    Answers

For some reason I have no sides of gyno. Lucky me I guess but My ass Gets HUUUGE!
  32. Gold Member
    Answers

I have been over 240 lbs since the 7th grade. Only difference is what the weight was from.
  33. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    I have been over 240 lbs since the 7th grade. Only difference is what the weight was from.
    Oorah. you are a great strength beast.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Answers

well it seem very instresting reading about the progress that everybody has made, when i started lifting i was 208 lbs im short like 5'8 i was really over weight, that like a 1 year 8 months, when i started i had
    11 inch arms
    38 inch chest
    44inch waist
    26 inch legs

now im 178
    16 inch arms
    44inch chest
    36.5 inch waist
    22.5 legs

everybody keep the good work and keep on growing
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gotripped
    Oorah. you are a great strength beast.
    I was laughing then i realised you didnt type Oprah, too bad. lol
  36. board observer
    Answers

I also though it was Oprah. This is sad...
  37. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I used to compete in triathlons in my early thirties at 155lbs now I compete in the clydesdale division at 225lbs and hope to get to the 250lb class by next year or the one after, by then my grandson should be old enough to go watch his grampa.

Do I qualify as going from small to big?

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  38. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    I used to compete in triathlons in my early thirties at 155lbs now I compete in the clydesdale division at 225lbs and hope to get to the 250lb class by next year or the one after, by then my grandson should be old enough to go watch his grampa.

Do I qualify as going from small to big?

CROWLER
    You classify as going from small to a Crowler..
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie
    well it seem very instresting reading about the progress that everybody has made, when i started lifting i was 208 lbs im short like 5'8 i was really over weight, that like a 1 year 8 months, when i started i had
    11 inch arms
    38 inch chest
    44inch waist

26 inch legs

now im 178
    16 inch arms
    44inch chest
    36.5 inch waist
    22.5 legs

everybody keep the good work and keep on growing
    WOW...great transformation. Talk about beating out genetics- those initial stats were on the "horrible" side and now you've got some damn good stats. Good freggin' job.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Answers

thanks kwyckemynd00, i hope and would do everything i can so that it doesnt stop there.:squat:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many of you buy from CraigsList
    By airram479 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 10:39 PM
  2. how many of you drink and/or smoke regularly...?
    By bhoke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 04:53 PM
  3. How many of you guys eat Fiber One?
    By DieTrying in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 01:16 PM
  4. How many of you guys use tanning beds?
    By Jergo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 12:25 PM
  5. How many of you guys lie about your....
    By LCSULLA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 08:38 AM