how many of you went from SMALL to big

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how many of you are big and muscular right now but when you first started you were really small like 10 inch arms (like me)
just wondering and how long did it take you to get big

just wondering this sounds very noobish so dont flame

share your change (story) here

M

Mason

Awards
I was 103-113 lbs when I was in 8th grade. The summer of 9th grade I was 205. I had eaten alot of food, lifted alot and took creatine. Though when I stopped taking creatine I dropped alot of water weight to 180-190 range.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I am 6', and I started out in the 140's with a gut about 4 years ago. My arms must have been around 10-11" I've had a lot of ups and downs since then, but have made a lot of progress in the last year, especially. I am by no means "big" now, but I am an increasingly lean 198-9lbs (arms creeping on 16").

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was 103-113 lbs when I was in 8th grade. The summer of 9th grade I was 205. I had eaten alot of food, lifted alot and took creatine. Though when I stopped taking creatine I dropped alot of water weight to 180-190 range.
geez thats a lotta weight gain

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Age 14 @ 135-140lbs.. Age 16 @ 215-223lbs.. I keep a steady 198-210 these days, and my strength stays the same pretty much.. I started out powerlifting, all I did was squat one day, bench 2 days later, and deads two days after that going up 5-10lbs each time..

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have always been tall, but always VERY thin. people used to make fun of me for being able to see my ribs. my legs were like spaghetti.

The beginning of my soph year of high school i was 180lbs at 6'2, not particularly strong but not particularly weak. Good muscle structure but not developed whatsoever. i started to lift for about 30 minutes after every track practice (i was a high hurdler and high jumper). i put on about 10lbs up to 190 in about a month and got my bench from 180-245.

i then had lacrosse season, and dropped back down to 180. after lacrosse i became very serious about training and nutrition. i put on about 40 lbs during the summer between my soph and junior year of highschool.

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
40 pounds in a summer is about a pound every other day.....did you cycle steroids?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gained and lost throughout my life due to various reasons but I was always big...Unfortiunately it also came with a lot of fat too.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Graduated at 180lbs (wrestling weight)1983, 4 years later 200, PL'ed at 198 for some years, broke my shoulder in 93 (still 200), came back and am currently at around 240. It's not a fast track, but a well worn one.

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I started at 200lbs at around 25% +BF and now i'm 266lbs at 13%, arms were like 15" when i started give or take, now they are 19.25". I was a fat bastard then i went down to 175lbs at 13% then i just kept getting more and more serious about lifting. I think part of why i put on size so easy is because i was fat, so it's very possible that my fascial tissue has already been stretched out, plus carrying around excess fat means your body will put on muscle as well to compensate for the extra load. Oh ya and i was the 200lbs in grade 8! YUCK! I lifted on an off before that just curls n stuff.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I started at 200lbs at around 25% +BF and now i'm 266lbs at 13%, arms were like 15" when i started give or take, now they are 19.25". I was a fat bastard then i went down to 175lbs at 13% then i just kept getting more and more serious about lifting. I think part of why i put on size so easy is because i was fat, so it's very possible that my fascial tissue has already been stretched out, plus carrying around excess fat means your body will put on muscle as well to compensate for the extra load. Oh ya and i was the 200lbs in grade 8! YUCK! I lifted on an off before that just curls n stuff.
Holy **** that is outstanding, and your only frickin 22!! Great Job!

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words man, I think it's because i eat sleep and breathe lifting. Plus i'm blessed with a ridiculous appetite. I can be eating meal 1 and be thinking about meal 2, lol no joke.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words man, I think it's because i eat sleep and breathe lifting. Plus i'm blessed with a ridiculous appetite. I can be eating meal 1 and be thinking about meal 2, lol no joke.
That's the American way! It's "what" you choose to eat that makes the difference. You saw my pics, I'm with ya bro, my jaw muscles must be stronger than any other body part the way I work 'em out!:blink:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
from 145 to 220 in 5.5 years, im 6'3" so 75 pounds always been lean always around the same BF %. At 18 i had 12.5 inch pythons now im under 18". but my chest/back measure is the best gains to date. Ive only learned to eat in the last 9 months or so.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I initially started bodybuilding, I weighed 123 lbs @ 5’11". The worst part about it was that I still had a lot of fat in my stomach area. Over the years, I worked up to 207lbs @ 7%. Currently, i'm around 196 at 8% hoping to get back up to 205 or so.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
1982= 185 Just lifting and eating

1984= 200 lifting eating and supps(Aginine?ornithine)

1987= 185 different lifestyle lots of tripping, not much protien

1991= 220 fat need to change lifestyle

1993= 195 lean and mean still not pumping big iron

1996= 200 creatine is the hype, but it makes me smooth as a cucumber

1998= 205 mark mcguire hits 70 and the andro wars begin

2000= 220 new girlfriend calls me fat

2003= 190 lost fat and girlfriend, Started pumping weight again
2004= 200 start visiting Anabolic Minds!
2005= 210 lean hard and tired from all the gym time, need to adjust training as age and sport injuries start to slow me down

2006=200 I am as ripped as ever with good muscle group seperations, the weights are starting to feel heavy and I am moving to more stretching and martial arts. The advent of "cissus" may keep me pumping longer than I anticipated

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Graduate high school 6'1 165lbs probably 10%bf
8 years later (current) 6'2 214lbs 7%

I was skinny my whole life even to the point where the doctor put me on weight gainer to be a "normal" weight.

T

tattoopierced1

I was 158lbs 2.5 years ago at 6'7", sitting around 210lbs now.

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I think i coulda been bigger AND leaner by now i literally JUST learned how to diet to keep all my muscle, really low carbs just don't go well with me, i'm finding that eating a reduced calorie 40/40/20 mix is good for me, it keeps my strength up higher so i can lift more and maintain more muscle. I made the mistake of drastic dieting like 4 times in the past and lost boatloads of fat AND muscle, i think i coulda had atleast 15lbs more muscle on me now if i didn't make mistakes like that. But i still have lotsa time, and from the sounds of it alot of you guys must have some tiny ass joints to be startin at around 120lbs or so.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I think i coulda been bigger AND leaner by now i literally JUST learned how to diet to keep all my muscle, really low carbs just don't go well with me, i'm finding that eating a reduced calorie 40/40/20 mix is good for me, it keeps my strength up higher so i can lift more and maintain more muscle. I made the mistake of drastic dieting like 4 times in the past and lost boatloads of fat AND muscle, i think i coulda had atleast 15lbs more muscle on me now if i didn't make mistakes like that. But i still have lotsa time, and from the sounds of it alot of you guys must have some tiny ass joints to be startin at around 120lbs or so.
Dude im not tiny but my smal joints allow me to appear to have more weight but when i go shorts in the summer its chicken leg time. I have fused ankle bones and cant develope sideways muscles on my ankles and calf training is compromised some. I have trouble hitting the outer head of calves and 18" arms with 14" calves justs sucks, i have some cree native in me and ive noticed some natives have narrow hips/lower body and wide shoulders/long arms(ahem me). Cheers to apes.

Last edited:
C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
No one is perfect bro we all have our own flaws, but only we as bodybuilders obsess over them the average person wouldn't look at you and think OMG that guy's physique is unbalanced, it would be more like WTF, look at those arms! lol

M

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
when I started lifting I was roughly 125lbs at the very most. Very skinny and lean. When I graduated high school I was a ripped 155lbs. Now at 23yrs old when I stopped bulking about 1.5 months ago I was 245 due to dieting I am roughly 232lbs. I won't even venture a guess at bf% but can still see my top 4 abs and my serratus. Oh and I am 5'11".

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
awesome changes

i am going to take a before picture once i am able to train every body part then i wil take an after picture after my bulk, which will prolly take a lonnnng time because im bulking until i no longer think i have puny arms (right now their 10 inch),
right now i can only do curls, tris, legs, forearms *pissed*
rotator cufs suck *angry*

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
awesome changes

i am going to take a before picture once i am able to train every body part then i wil take an after picture after my bulk, which will prolly take a lonnnng time because im bulking until i no longer think i have puny arms (right now their 10 inch),
right now i can only do curls, tris, legs, forearms *pissed*
rotator cufs suck *angry*
theres nowhere to go but up.:bb: :bb2:

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
40 pounds in a summer is about a pound every other day.....did you cycle steroids?
haha no i did not but i was already drinking a gallon of milk a day at that point just for the heck of it. 40lbs from the end of lacrosse to the beginning of junior year is extreme but i was so undeveloped at that point that it was possible without gear.

i was however called down to one of the school faculty's office to be questioned about whether i had used steroids, on a side note. at that point i thought nitro tech was cutting edge psycho material. the only thing it nitro teched was my ass

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
khan8, your biggest asset is time. I'd pay a lot of money to go back in time and be able to read a forum like this when I was 15. I always wanted to get bigger in high school, but I didn't really know how.

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
When I was a senior in highschool, I was 6'3" tall and weighed in at 150lbs wet. Now I try to stay somewhere between 215 and 230. The most i've ever weighed was 245lbs, but I felt tired and slow at that weight.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I was a senior in highschool, I was 6'3" tall and weighed in at 150lbs wet. Now I try to stay somewhere between 215 and 230. The most i've ever weighed was 245lbs, but I felt tired and slow at that weight.
I sorta felt tired and slow at 195. But I was on Superdrol and trying to run 2 miles. My ass felt like it was the size of Oprahs.
booty booty booty rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere.

What is it with SD/PP and the almost instant butt jiggle once it kicks in? Perhaps estrogen?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I sorta felt tired and slow at 195. But I was on Superdrol and trying to run 2 miles. My ass felt like it was the size of Oprahs.
booty booty booty rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere. rockin everywhere.

What is it with superdrol/PP and the almost instant butt jiggle once it kicks in? Perhaps estrogen?
:icon_lol: That's the first time I've heard of that side effect, most people complain about the titty jiggle afterwards!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For some reason I have no sides of gyno. Lucky me I guess but My ass Gets HUUUGE!

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I have been over 240 lbs since the 7th grade. Only difference is what the weight was from.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
well it seem very instresting reading about the progress that everybody has made, when i started lifting i was 208 lbs im short like 5'8 i was really over weight, that like a 1 year 8 months, when i started i had
11 inch arms
38 inch chest
44inch waist
26 inch legs

now im 178
16 inch arms
44inch chest
36.5 inch waist
22.5 legs

everybody keep the good work and keep on growing

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I used to compete in triathlons in my early thirties at 155lbs now I compete in the clydesdale division at 225lbs and hope to get to the 250lb class by next year or the one after, by then my grandson should be old enough to go watch his grampa.

Do I qualify as going from small to big?

CROWLER

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to compete in triathlons in my early thirties at 155lbs now I compete in the clydesdale division at 225lbs and hope to get to the 250lb class by next year or the one after, by then my grandson should be old enough to go watch his grampa.

Do I qualify as going from small to big?

CROWLER
You classify as going from small to a Crowler..

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
well it seem very instresting reading about the progress that everybody has made, when i started lifting i was 208 lbs im short like 5'8 i was really over weight, that like a 1 year 8 months, when i started i had
11 inch arms
38 inch chest
44inch waist

26 inch legs

now im 178
16 inch arms
44inch chest
36.5 inch waist
22.5 legs

WOW...great transformation. Talk about beating out genetics- those initial stats were on the "horrible" side and now you've got some damn good stats. Good freggin' job.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
thanks kwyckemynd00, i hope and would do everything i can so that it doesnt stop there.:squat:

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
11 inch arms
38 inch chest
44inch waist
26 inch legs

now im 178
16 inch arms
44inch chest
36.5 inch waist
22.5 legs

good job, but what happened to your leg size?

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing he contained a large portion of fat downstairs and in the abdomen.

I wonder what his calves measurements are. 16 Inch arms is getting fairly sizeable. if one has only 14 inch calves. Yes I know alot of people have that. Nevertheless it's a good recomp although concentration on legs is very important.

I try to keep my arm and calf measurements relatively the same now. Since I've learned that looking like the robot transports on War of the Worlds is not the most attractive of things.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i had fat legs, i used to have a fat a** and fat legs, now i dont have all that fat on my legs

I'm guessing he contained a large portion of fat downstairs and in the abdomen.

I wonder what his calves measurements are. 16 Inch arms is getting fairly sizeable. if one has only 14 inch calves. Yes I know alot of people have that. Nevertheless it's a good recomp although concentration on legs is very important.
youre right gotripped i had most of the fat downstairs, my calves are 15.25inch

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i had fat legs, i used to have a fat a** and fat legs, now i dont have all that fat on my legs

youre right gotripped i had most of the fat downstairs, my calves are 15.25inch
Props to you as your calves are in proportion to your arms.