Bulky man barely injured as car rolls over him

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Offbeat News
Monday, June 12, 2006
Bulky man barely injured as car rolls over him

BERLIN (Reuters) - A 440 pound German man discovered that being overweight can be good for your health -- if you get run over by a car.

German police said the extra body mass prevented the 30-year-old man from suffering potentially fatal injuries when a Volkswagen Polo drove over him after he braked suddenly on his bicycle at a crossroads and fell off in front of the car.

"It certainly helped him in this case," said Sven-Marco Claus, a spokesman for police in the western town of Gifhorn on Monday. "Someone smaller would probably not have been so lucky."

The man dislocated his hip, which local doctors put back in place, but otherwise suffered only scratches and a bloody nose from the underside of the vehicle, police said.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The amazing thing about that story is the image of that dude on a bike...:blink:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
im surprised the car even got over him, thats one damn big speed bump... I would think that it would hit him and he would get wedged underneath and so forth... laws of physics are interesting

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damn fat people don't need more encouragement for being blobs LOL

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
i want to know what brand and model bike supports 440 lbs?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A similar thing happened to me when I was 17, and fell off a ski lift.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
The local saurkrout store probably put out there hot and fresh sign. Walking would have taken just too long.