What Women REALLY Want
What DO women want? They want personal satisfaction from their jobs and to be appreciated in the workplace. If they had more time, they overwhelmingly say they would spend it with family and friends. When it comes to a significant other, the No. 1 quality they seek is respect, followed by communication and humor.
Before launching an advertising campaign, Chicken of the Sea conducted the "What Women Want" online survey and were inundated with 31,000 responses from women ages 18 to over 65. Women know what they want. And they want to say it. Here you go, guys. In an easy-to-read format, this is what women want. Wonder no more.
What is your most valued relationship?
* Family and friends: 61 percent
* Significant other: 30 percent
* Yourself: 9 percent
What most leads to your happiness?
* Being in good health: 41 percent
* Good relationships: 34 percent
* High sense of self-worth: 13 percent
* Being able to purchase things I want: 9 percent
* A successful career: 2 percent
What is your primary objective in the workplace?
* Personal satisfaction: 20 percent
* Being appreciated or valued: 20 percent
* Making an impact: 15 percent
* Earning a paycheck: 10 percent
* Advancing professionally: 8 percent
* Earning respect: 7 percent
If you had more time, how would you spend it?
* With family, friends, or loved ones: 48 percent
* Traveling: 20 percent
* Recreation or hobbies: 12 percent
* Reading: 10 percent
* Exercising: 6 percent
Which qualities are the most important in a significant other?
* Respect: 55 percent
* Communication: 33 percent
* Humor: 32 percent
* Thoughtfulness: 24 percent
* Supportiveness: 23 percent
* Stability/security: 23 percent
* Similar interests: 16 percent
* Romance: 15 percent
How would you most like to be described?
* Caring/nurturing: 46 percent
* Smart/intelligent: 21 percent
* Open-minded: 12 percent
* Confident: 8 percent
* Humorous: 8 percent
How would you most like to be viewed by your significant other?
* With respect: 35 percent
* Adoringly/Cherished: 33 percent
* As an equal partner: 33 percent
What do you wish you could do more often with your family?
* Eat dinner together: 40 percent
* Go to sporting events, concerts, etc.: 25 percent
* Enjoy movies together: 19 percent
* Exercise: 16 percent