Any downsides to exercising?

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Crazy question, but is there any neurological downside to exercising, maybe 4 days a week an hour a day? I bring this up because there's this lady I know that can't stop moving her hands after years of being a secretary and typing stuff up. It's not even physically demanding typing on a keyboard but she just can't stop moving them fingers now, and it progressed up to her arms too...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Crazy question, but is there any neurological downside to exercising, maybe 4 days a week an hour a day? I bring this up because there's this lady I know that can't stop moving her hands after years of being a secretary and typing stuff up. It's not even physically demanding typing on a keyboard but she just can't stop moving them fingers now, and it progressed up to her arms too...
That sounds like maybe she had a pre-disposition to OCD and maybe that constant repitition of typing set it off. The only neurological downfall of lifting I see is becoming a conceited ******* when you get large.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do the math.... she probably typed several hours 5 days a week. The same movement for hours.
Exercising is never the same small movement for hours. (Excluding endurance sports.) So you walk all your life do your legs keep moving when you sit down?:thumbsup:

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Could you imagine standing in line at the supermarket doing mock up curls because you just cant stop?

No seriously the only downside is dropping the weights on your toe.

That will make you walk a little funny.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
Hmm ... how about... Restless Legs Syndrome? (The Jimmy Legs!!!)

Do the math.... she probably typed several hours 5 days a week. The same movement for hours.
Exercising is never the same small movement for hours. (Excluding endurance sports.) So you walk all your life do your legs keep moving when you sit down?:thumbsup: