NFL draft

  1. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13071
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    NFL draft


    Hey footbal fans, what are your thoughts on who you think will be the kickass players and busts from this draft.

    My busts
    1. Carson Palmer: Only had 9 good games in his college career and everyone suddenly thinks he's great
    2. Kyle Boller: I'm from the Bay Area and I wasn't impressed with this guy, he's a mid 3rd rounder at best. Just because he had a good combine does not mean he'll be another Brett Favre.
    3. Taylor Jacobs (WR Florida): Can't do **** after the catch, and he benefitted from playing alongside good WR's and Rex Grossman.

    Kickass players
    1. Byron Leftwhich (QB Marshall): This dude has proven himself for 4 years. One injury should not be scaring teams away from him. He's top 10, but will probably go lower due to his injury. Great armstrength, excellent leader.
    2. Willis McGahee (RB Miami): May be the best player in the draft. Best thing is you can get him in the 2nd or 3rd round because teams are afraid to draft injured players.
    3. Rex Grossman (QB Florida): Teams are scared to draft a 6-0 210 QB but the guy was the only reason Florida made the top 25 last year. He's all guts and will work his ass off for his team. A great leader.
    4. Terrell Suggs (DE Arizona St.): Great player who will get better because he was mostly a LB in college but excelled his senior year at DE similar to Javon Kearse.
    5. Andre Johnson (WR Miami): Can be the next Terrell Owens. WR's don't generally pan out in the NFL until their third year so you may have to be patient w/him, especially since he's an underclassman.

  2. Senior Member
    scotty2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,138
    Rep Power
    718
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    71.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Keep an eye out for Drew Henson in the late rounds. I'm a huge Yankee fan, he ****in sucks.
  3. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13071
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Oh **** I forgot about Drew Henson Scotty2. This dude would've easily been drafted in the top 10 had he come out a few years ago. I'd definitely reach for him as early as the 3rd round if I were a quarterback needy team such as Cincinnati, Baltimore, Arizona, or Miami. I think it's time Drew gives up on baseball.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    institutional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    174
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    71.92%

    Originally posted by scotty2
    Keep an eye out for Drew Henson in the late rounds. I'm a huge Yankee fan, he ****in sucks.
    whats the latest word on him, is him entering the draft??? im from ann arbor, and let me tell you he disappointed many fans by leaving for baseball. he would have been the number one football pick would he stayed. and he left a potential national championship team that year. but baseball was his true love, but its not working out to well for him.

    btw look out for calos rodgers from MSU prolly top 5 pick. randy moss type player in my opinion with better speed.
  5. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally posted by Iron Warrior
    Kickass players
    1. Byron Leftwhich (QB Marshall): This dude has proven himself for 4 years. One injury should not be scaring teams away from him. He's top 10, but will probably go lower due to his injury. Great armstrength, excellent leader.
    2. Willis McGahee (RB Miami): May be the best player in the draft. Best thing is you can get him in the 2nd or 3rd round because teams are afraid to draft injured players.
    3. Rex Grossman (QB Florida): Teams are scared to draft a 6-0 210 QB but the guy was the only reason Florida made the top 25 last year. He's all guts and will work his ass off for his team. A great leader.
    4. Terrell Suggs (DE Arizona St.): Great player who will get better because he was mostly a LB in college but excelled his senior year at DE similar to Javon Kearse.
    5. Andre Johnson (WR Miami): Can be the next Terrell Owens. WR's don't generally pan out in the NFL until their third year so you may have to be patient w/him, especially since he's an underclassman.
    my thoughts:
    Lefwhich: biggest upside of any QB out there. Strongest arm along with Ragone of louisville.
    McGahee: Think he'll be the 2nd best RB to be remembered from this draft (larry johnson being the 1st). His horizontal east to west speed is spectacular however isnt so small that he wont bust it right up the middle. NFL body already. No doubt he would have been a top 6 pick if it wasnt for the knee injury.
    Grossman: weak. just like all other florida QBs. Average to subpar arm strength, tough kid but toughness will only get you that far. tom brady, brett farve, rich gannon.....all tough but have better arm strenght and mechanics than grossman. A lifetime back up in my opinion.
    Suggs: a stud. Me being a University of Washington fan, saw him in person, on tv, and in the news often and this kid is a monster. At 6'3, this cat runs a 40 at a running back level. Easily can chase down runners from the back field and laterally. Stud
    Andre Johnson: A big target, ideal for the NFL game. Probably best hands coming out (up there with Charlie Rogers of MSU) I think his best quality as a WR is that he could fit in almost any offense. West coast, he could be the slot man, go down the middle, take it hit and still catch everything thrown to him. Or in a up and down offense, could be the flanker and sprint 40 yards down the field for a bomb. I like him as well IronWarrior.

    Others i could see having great careers: Kingsbury (only if he gets slotted in an offense which focuses on a more spread out system and not a west coast style). Terence newman (best CB out there, can flat out cover. Boss Bailery (he's a lavar arrington mold, however just not as quick). Troy Polamalu (tackles like a he's playing against pee-wee leaguers. Small but strong). Kelly Washington (WR) and Larry Johnson (RB). Sage
  6. Board Sponsor
    bigswole30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    187906
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

    Keep an eye out on J.T. Wall. He was the starting fullback for UGA. He will likely go in the 4th round, but he will make a big splash. I went to H.S. with him. He just broke the NFL fullback bench record. 225 for 36 reps. He maxed at 585. He is a monster.
  7. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13071
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Hey Sage, good point you made on Florida QB's. The reason I like Grossman better is because he pretty much carried the team by himself. Danny Wuerffel had Fred Taylor, Javon Kearse, a great O-line, and the receiving corps in the nation. Grossman only had Taylor Jacobs, an average O-line, and no Fred Taylor.
  8. Senior Member
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally posted by Iron Warrior
    Hey Sage, good point you made on Florida QB's. The reason I like Grossman better is because he pretty much carried the team by himself. Danny Wuerffel had Fred Taylor, Javon Kearse, a great O-line, and the receiving corps in the nation. Grossman only had Taylor Jacobs, an average O-line, and no Fred Taylor.
    you're correct....and not to mentioned a new coach in zonk and a less of a spread offense, like under spurrier. but in the nfl, you need to get a pass out to the flat before the defensive backs can come up and break the pattern.....unless you got some wheels (kordell comes to mind who has had decent success with a subpar arm), you aint doing anything in the league. Sage
  9. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13071
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Very true Sage. I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see. Grossman would also have to be in the right system IMO. He'd need a running game and one good deep threat
  10. New Member
    destro19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    34
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    231
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    27.51%

    The draft tis year was completly crazy.  I was suprised.  grossman going high. the Vikings ****in up again.  I bet they were trying to trade to baltimore.
  11. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13071
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    It was hella crazy. I'm still shocked that the Bills drafted Willis McGahee. They already had Travis Henry and they signed Olandis Gary this off season. I also expected Boss Bailey to go in the top 15, he's a steal in the second round. BTW, what the hell were Texans thinking, they drafted Dave Ragone and Drew Henson eventhough they have many millions invested with David Carr.
  12. Senior Member
    scotty2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,138
    Rep Power
    718
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    71.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    You know what the funniest ****? These ****in ******* perps are so stupid. Suggs gets himself arrested for nonsense, costs himself a couple million, brilliant. The other ******* DB goes and gets shot, amazing. There should be no more college football, just minor league football. These douche bags should not be given money for a free education when they just **** all over it. With that in mind, I love college football and the draft, many reaches this year.
  13. New Member
    labrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    268
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    23.64%

    Originally posted by institutional


    whats the latest word on him, is him entering the draft??? im from ann arbor, and let me tell you he disappointed many fans by leaving for baseball. he would have been the number one football pick would he stayed. and he left a potential national championship team that year. but baseball was his true love, but its not working out to well for him.

    btw look out for calos rodgers from MSU prolly top 5 pick. randy moss type player in my opinion with better speed.
    My Texans took Henson in the 6th round (192 overall). Henson said last week that he has no intention of abandoning his struggling baseball career and did not want to be drafted. He also said that anybody who took him would be wasting a pick. Got that out of todays Houston Chronicle. It also mentioned that he is hitting below .200 and is averaging a strike-out per every three at-bats. Looks to me like it is time to put on the pads and come to Houston.
  14. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13071
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Originally posted by labrad


    My Texans took Henson in the 6th round (192 overall). Henson said last week that he has no intention of abandoning his struggling baseball career and did not want to be drafted. He also said that anybody who took him would be wasting a pick. Got that out of todays Houston Chronicle. It also mentioned that he is hitting below .200 and is averaging a strike-out per every three at-bats. Looks to me like it is time to put on the pads and come to Houston.
    He can make more money in football if he focuses only on football. I also think that he may have said he didn't wish to be drafted because he respects the Yankees organization and he wouldn't want to seem ungrateful for the millions they have invested on him.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2010 NFL Draft
    By zodiiac523 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
  2. NFL draft
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
  3. 2007 Nfl Draft
    By Chad in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 01:47 AM
  4. List of Players Gone to the '07 NFL Draft
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 09:51 PM
  5. Best players in the NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in