MRI results in for those i've been talking to

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have arthritis and Degenerative Disc Disease...Nothing on the lipomas. So I ask about the lumps that are in my back and that are causing pain when pushed in. 'let me find out and i'll call back'. 2.5 hours later...Oh those are tiny lumps of overgrown fat called lipomas just little things but the good news is that they are not cancerous.

me: Great but what about the pain they are causing me and keeping me from wearing a belt and wearing my duty belt at work and getting worse with the more weight I lose?

her: Well, the doc. gave you some exercises to do(no she didn't) that'll help.

me: Ma'am, not to be rude but I exercise 5 days a week and I have done every back stretch and exercise there is for almost 5 years now. I told this to the doc at the time. There's nothing you're going to give me that will make those lipomas stop being painful.

her: Oh...What if we referred you to a general surgeon, would you be up for that?

me: if it gets those damn things out of me, hell yeah.

her: we'll get you referred and call back with the time and date etc.

Now for the arth and dod, they told me that ibuprofen would be fine. Of course the fact that I already have tried all those pain killers and none of them worked. I was prescribed flexeral and Naprocin when I was in the army and it didn't do **** for the pain.

I went into the damn docs for the lumps and the direct pain that came when they were pushed into my back. My resuslts didn't even include anything on the lipomas until i said something. WHAT THE ****!?!?!?!?

tattoopierced1

good luck man, at least you found out what it is and are on the way of getting them taken care of, gotta look at the bright side on that...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's true it just pisses me off when you're having to bargain for your health.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's true it just pisses me off when you're having to bargain for your health.
I definitley agree with you on this. I hate how medicine has become such a business and not an industry actually concerned with helping those with a disease and/or condition. I think that i hate the FDA more than any other entity on Earth.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Typical!!!!!! Hey get those removed, its very simple, you get it done on a friday and your back to work on Monday and no one knows nothing!!! I used to have pics of Vipers before and after the surgery but they got lost in a format thanks to a virus :(

Im sorry to hear about the other though. Better get on some Boniva or something quick! I think thats what it is called. A once a month pill, kick it in the butt now!

Here is my opinion on Doctors. They work for ME, My insurance and I pay their fee, They will do what I ask them to do, and do it right, I tell them what I want and I better get it, if not I go to new doctor, They dont live in my body I DO! better fawken listen to what I say, and dont just treat me like every tom , **** and harry that walks thru your door!

And it works very well :D

tattoopierced1

I know man, your preaching to the choir on this one...you should know that.

If the surgery will help, then by all means do it.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Jay, man go get your referral and see a Surgeon. Get those fawkers cut out. Trust me, you'll be a lot happier in the long run. Sorry to hear about the other crap, hopefully you can control that over time.

size

Awards
  • Established
I was prescribed flexeral and Naprocin
By naprocin I am assuming you mean Naprosyn or Naproxen. If so then realize that Naprosyn=Naproxen=Aleve which is in a class of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). They work by by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it's been about 5 years since I used either so the names were off the top of my head :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Surgery scheduled on the 30th...Woohoo happy 31st b-day fer me :)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Typical!!!!!! Hey get those removed, its very simple, you get it done on a friday and your back to work on Monday and no one knows nothing!!! I used to have pics of Vipers before and after the surgery but they got lost in a format thanks to a virus :(

Im sorry to hear about the other though. Better get on some Boniva or something quick! I think thats what it is called. A once a month pill, kick it in the butt now!

Here is my opinion on Doctors. They work for ME, My insurance and I pay their fee, They will do what I ask them to do, and do it right, I tell them what I want and I better get it, if not I go to new doctor, They dont live in my body I DO! better fawken listen to what I say, and dont just treat me like every tom , **** and harry that walks thru your door!

And it works very well :D
Same here, as I have learned that is the way you have to be, esp since my MRSA incident, and my metabolism... Dr.'s have to be business like because of Insurance and the FDA, so I treat my body like a business make it better or I'll find somebody who will.