SHOULD YOU BE ALIVE? (test your survival skills)

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations! You're a survival expert. You're prepared, levelheaded in a crisis and able to deal with extreme conflict with ease. You should feel comfortable in the wilderness.
Poor test, but I do have excellent wilderness survival skills.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that test was very easy, the answers were obvious. The problem with those tests are answers are right in front of you, its easy to pick the right one out, having to figure out what to do on your own without having options in front of you would be a totally different story.

I love the sharkbite thing where you are supposed to stay calm. How the hell do you stay calm when you have a shark nawing on you?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
that test was very easy, the answers were obvious. The problem with those tests are answers are right in front of you, its easy to pick the right one out, having to figure out what to do on your own without having options in front of you would be a totally different story.

I love the sharkbite thing where you are supposed to stay calm. How the hell do you stay calm when you have a shark nawing on you?

LOL, I don't know, but the people who survive shark attacks all say that they stayed calm and focussed on fighting off the shark (in other words, they didn't act like prey).

I find these things interesting because these little tidbits stay in my mind. I was once caught in a really bad rip-tide but I remembered how to deal with it from something I'd read (swim parallel to the shore until you get out of the rip-tide....fighting a rip-tide will just exhaust you). I also had the hood of my car fly up and cover my windshield while I was on the freeway once and I remembered back to some booklet mentioning how to deal with that situation in a driver's ed class years before (look through the gap at the bottom of the hood).

I've found in my own life that when suddenly faced with a crisis, these bits of information come rushing back and in at least two cases, have saved my life. :woohoo: