At 73 man allegedly leg presses 2000 pounds - AnabolicMinds.com

At 73 man allegedly leg presses 2000 pounds

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

At 73 man allegedly leg presses 2000 pounds

:dl: http://www.cbn.com/communitypublic/shake.asp

Pat robertson allegedly leg pressed 2000 pounds, heres a link to his magical protein shake he drinks and him leg pressing 1000 for 10 but the reps are like 2 inch reps. I dont believe the claims but hes still doing pretty good for an 76 year old man. His unnamed physician also allegedly leg pressed 2700 and they say pressing 2000 is not as hard as the reports make it out to be.

2. Banned

I know I can't move 1000lbs 2 inches. I have no opinion on the issue though. Would it be safe to assume that it would be a bigger story if it was true?
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Everything be the will of God to allow his biggest believers and spreaders of the Word the power to overpower and destroy all that oppose them. These demons or non believers, will persih for all eternity in the fiery wrath of Hell.

Personally, I think he's a cook and just making things up that his followers believe and no one else does.
    •   

4. Pop-Lock champion of 84'

The video was weak - what kind of reps are those? impressive that a 73 yr old can lift and do 2 inch reps for sure but just more bull$hit feed to the masses - 2000lbs no way - if he could they woudl of taped that not 1000, plus he used his hands and high stance - ***** stance - I can't belive how much attention this tool gets.
  5. Board Supporter

I saw this on the news a few days ago.
    NOt only was it like 2 ionch movements, but he had his hands on his thighs pushing the crap out of them.

I would have much more respect for him if he was pressing a few hundred pounds less, full movement (or close to it) Not assisted by his upper body.

I wouldn't go on record with his claims, anmd themn proceed to have the worst form imaginable, plus assist that small movement by bench pressing my freakn thighs too!

Sorry,. dont mean to go off on him,.. They then followed up on something about steroid use,.. I couldnt exactly herar anything (was in a bar) but I could read. The combination of the 2 probably tainted my perception of the guy.
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

You can tell his extreme attention to correct form, when he says "Just put your feet up there, *taps the plate* just somewhere up there"..That was stupid, that's like saying you can curl 100's for Bi's and having your other arm on it the whole time.
  7. Registered User

I demanded, he delivered - the video.

Hats off to Pat 'the Hulk' Robertson. Regardless of form and range of motion (well - there was some motion after all) - pretty good.

To take the quote:
    ...His doctor, by the way, has leg pressed 2,700 pounds. It is not nearly as hard as the authors of these reports make it out to be...
    Using that technique - truer words were never spoken.

Now that I've given my praise - loading up the leg press with way to much weight, doing micro reps and bragging about that... what a ****ing bunch of morons ...

I can see the congregation, bible in hand, flocking to the gym on sundays, loading up the leg press with 1000lbs and following the Pat Robertson workout routine (I just love the disclaimer). All while drinking the Pat Robertson shake... hilarious.
  8. Banned

Yes often times he is ignorant. I've seen my mother watching him and thinking "wow he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to weightlifting" then I show her the light and how ridiculously stupid he is.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gotripped
    Yes often times he is ignorant. I've seen my mother watching him and thinking "wow he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to weightlifting" then I show her the light and how ridiculously stupid he is.
    Does she believe you? Most times when I tell people the truth behind myths on this subject I get the "your full of ****" look.
  10. Pop-Lock champion of 84'

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    Does she believe you? Most times when I tell people the truth behind myths on this subject I get the "your full of ****" look.

If it's on TV - it's the truth and never wrong - ohhh how the sheep will never learn.
  11. Banned

My mom believes me because of her degree in nutrition that she attained. And I (not going to college for a degree in nutrition) Know just about as much as she does and more because of my AAS/PH experience.
  12. Registered User

My mom believes me because of her degree in nutrition that she attained. And I (not going to college for a degree in nutrition) Know just about as much as she does and more because of my anabolic steroids/PH experience.

That would be awesome to have a mom with a degree in nutrition. Does she apply this knowledge at home?
  13. Registered User

I remember I was watching an episode of 700 club one day, and Pat was making a protein shake with over 200 grams of protein in it lol. He was putting scoop after scoop in that blender..
  14. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    That would be awesome to have a mom with a degree in nutrition. Does she apply this knowledge at home?
    Yes she applies it on a daily basis. Thing Is I dont even have the degree and I'm catching up to her knowledge.

She is one of my reasons I've gotten into nutrition and body building.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fbxdan
    I remember I was watching an episode of 700 club one day, and Pat was making a protein shake with over 200 grams of protein in it lol. He was putting scoop after scoop in that blender..
    old people gas + 200 grams of protein = burn holes in underwear and melted depends.
  16. Elite Member

What a tremendous douchebag this old f*ck is!
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    old people gas + 200 grams of protein = burn holes in underwear and melted depends.
    LMAO
  18. Banned

He's mostly uninformed and ignorant. Sad thing is a bunch of his followers will look just as retarded.
  19. Registered User

Yes she applies it on a daily basis. Thing Is I dont even have the degree and I'm catching up to her knowledge.

She is one of my reasons I've gotten into nutrition and body building.
    Thatís normal I think. At work we had a Nutritionalist list show up for so small conference. I went thinking woo nutrition. I left pretty disappointed. She left too many things out and got some things pretty wrong. I knew it was bad when she showed up and looked totally anorexic (sunken in face ect..). People were asking me how I liked it and I had to say "I was too advanced for it". And Iím not as nearly knowledgeable as some of the people here!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. failed at leg press :(
    By rolandajoint in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 09:29 AM
  2. Cybex Leg Press vs Squat
    By Chemist63 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 04:01 PM
  3. abdominal pressure on leg press?
    By Dan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 06:04 PM
  4. Am I using too much weight on 45 degree leg presses?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 09:37 AM
  5. Light squat or heavy leg press???
    By lvtrojan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 04:00 PM