X-Men: The last stand, did you see it? - AnabolicMinds.com

X-Men: The last stand, did you see it?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Board Supporter

X-Men: The last stand, did you see it?

I just got back from the movie a little bit ago and am wondering what everyone else thinks of it who saw it. I personally liked it a lot. The one thing that annoyed me was the director change. You can definatly tell that it is a different style to the movie. I like the first director much more and it made the movie feel a little off, but still it was a good movie. What does everyone else think? Any x-men 4, or just the wolverine spin-off?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

No I haven't because i've been at work since 12pm yesterday afternoon with several hours to go but thanks for bringing it up. I'll definately remember you on my christmas list.
  3. dsl
    officially an adult

I can't wait to see it and I am so excited. Ohh, I am giddy just thinking about it

I let ya know what I think, but I'll probably love it no matter what.
    •   

4. Registered User

Awesome flick - just got back from theater.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

SPOILER!!I was very disappointed because they deviated from the comics WAY too much. I really don't care about mystique, but Professor X, Magneto, and Cyclops are integral characters that should not have been killed and/or lost their powers. The Juggernaut thing annoyed me as well and Halle Berry did a bad job of acting as though she was someone of strength.
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I was very disappointed because they deviated from the comics WAY too much. I really don't care about mstique, but Professor X, Magneto, and Cyclops are integral characters that should not have been killed and/or lost their powers. The Juggernaut thing annoyed me as well and Halle Berry did a bad job of acting as though she was someone of strength.
    I haven't seen it, but thanks for ruining it anyway man..lol
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    I haven't seen it, but thanks for ruining it anyway man..lol
    I almost walked out after the Prof X thing. I grew up with the X-Men so I am a little too anal about things in the movies. Marvel does a decent job with intertwinning entertainment with the comic, but the deviate a little too much in some of the movies, this being the worst one at straying.
  8. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I was very disappointed because they deviated from the comics WAY too much. I really don't care about mstique, but Professor X, Magneto, and Cyclops are integral characters that should not have been killed and/or lost their powers. The Juggernaut thing annoyed me as well and Halle Berry did a bad job of acting as though she was someone of strength.
    Hey edit yuor post or tell others there are SPOILERS in it! No reason to ruin it for others.
  9. New Member

i haven't seen it yet but will. but from what i understand and saw from the first 2 films, Collossus really really needs to play a bigger part in the series. i have no idea why he is nowhere to be found. there was a scene in the previous movie where a man transforms himself into what looks like Collosus and smashes walls to get the children out. but can't confirm that. any which way, i think he should have played a big part in the first 2 films. way, way too much focus on wolverine. it's not wolverine & the x-men.
  10. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    i haven't seen it yet but will. but from what i understand and saw from the first 2 films, Collossus really really needs to play a bigger part in the series. i have no idea why he is nowhere to be found. there was a scene in the previous movie where a man transforms himself into what looks like Collosus and smashes walls to get the children out. but can't confirm that. any which way, i think he should have played a big part in the first 2 films. way, way too much focus on wolverine. it's not wolverine & the x-men.
    Very true on this. This is probably why they are deciding to do a wolverine spin-off because many seem to be interested mainly in him.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    Very true on this. This is probably why they are deciding to do a wolverine spin-off because many seem to be interested mainly in him.
    I think that is because of all of the actors, Hugh Jackman did the best job at translating the character from the comics
  12. New Member

I hated how at the big fight the evil mutants didn't use any powers against the XMEN. Other than Pyro and the regrowing arms guy.

SPOILERS****

You guys know that there was an alternate ending after the credits right? Professor X transplants himself into the body of the guy who had no conscious brain function, who was the person he showed the students in the beginning.

And Magneto does have his powers back. Did you not see how he moved the chess piece at the end?

13. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by DaWarw
    I hated how at the big fight the evil mutants didn't use any powers against the XMEN. Other than Pyro and the regrowing arms guy.

SPOILERS****

You guys know that there was an alternate ending after the credits right? Professor X transplants himself into the body of the guy who had no conscious brain function, who was the person he showed the students in the beginning.

And Magneto does have his powers back. Did you not see how he moved the chess piece at the end?

SPOILERS HERE AS WELL

Yes I did see that. The reason I bet it is, is because the kid whose power was to take away others was only temporary with him. The "cure" was using the antibodies or w/e they were from in his body to use on mutants. SO most likely since it was not a permenant effect with his powers, the cure most likely was not either.

I also did see the thing at the end of the credits, I had a heads up before hand to stay and watch.
  14. Elite Member

I haven't seen it but oddly enough, today's Wall Street Journal gives it a great review.
  15. Board Sponsor

I thought Legion killed Prof X by accident in the comics, causing the whole alternate Apocalypse X story?
    Eh, I'm too old for this $hit..
  16. Board Supporter

All i know is that they butchered everything about the comic book,It was a good movie ,but to a real comic book fan ,it is a sad hollywood butchered film,IMO.
  17. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    I thought Legion killed Prof X by accident in the comics, causing the whole alternate Apocalypse X story?
    Well, not too old..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_...mics_character)

http://www.mutanthigh.com/legion.html

http://www.mutanthigh.com/alternatex...ndex.html#bios

The last link shows how the whole Age Of Apocalypse unfolded, and how things went back to normal once Legion died..
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    If they made an Age of Apocalypse movie I would ecstatic. I think that I have every comic released during that stretch and I have read X-Men: Alpha and X-Men: Omega dozens of times. The only problem is that everyone else would be extremely confused about the story.
  19. New Member

spiderman 2 was the best!!!

i think with x-men, they thought to themselves "hmm...who's character would be best used IN A MOVIE."

if i had a choice, i would want to see nightcrawler and collossus non stop. in city fight scenes with baddies. it could get tight and nightcrawler would transport collossus to the end of the street and then they would come running back to where they were intially, yaddy yaddy yada.....

nobody agrees with me. but i don't like the guy who plays wolverine. when i was reading the uncanny x-men comic a decade ago, he wasn't like that. (i don't know what he is like now, even in the comic). the actor has wayyyyy to much personality. wayyyy too many facial expressions. and looks way tooooo soft.

and why doesn't he put that cool mask on anymore?? that's what i want to see. the final fight scene in an x-men movie where wolverine puts on the cool mask and starts thrashing away, and all the other popular x-men mutants zooming around, as the camera backs away slowly so that the end of the movie looks like the cover from an x-men comic book. and then............movie ends. credits roll. now, that would be cool.

screw all this character development sh*t. it's cool for awhile, but in the end, it should be cool. or why even develop this comic idea?
  20. New Member

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh .........and u know what would be through the roof cool???????? if they made a transformers movie..................but NON CARTOON. that would be through the roof! and use the original song too. my oh my............... it would take some harsh creativity though.

imagine the original megatron in robot mode in an urban district somewhere loading up shots on bumblebee for a couple of minutes while he is barely dodging shot after shot...while soundwave is looking on a hundred metres away with a couple of his cassette dudes behind him.
  21. Board Sponsor

Peter Jackson could make the Transformers movie happen..
  22. New Member

i'm sure he could. i take it back though, it wouldn't be through the roof. i mean, i, for one would love it. but i have no idea what the target market would be though. It would still be cool, but they would lose big time money if they ever did it. under normal circumstances, i don't think girls would be interested to watch this type of film, and if they ain't interested, that means they ain't gonna watch it with their b/f's, and that's core revenue right there.

bigpetefox: is that you in the avatar? some serious sh*t.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  196 lbs.

i wish there was more involvment w/ the pheonix, then again..

SPOILER

you do see the pheonix flying at the the end. i think they should do a weapon x movie w/ wolverine. i do wish they'd follow the comics a bit closer, be cool to see the jean grey/cyclops and mr. sinister spin-off, when they're getting married n' all? alternate universes galore. i bet stan lee will convice some big heads to do another one.
    "A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most." -George Bernard Shaw
  24. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Micheal Bay is doing the transformer movie called "Transform", and it's all CGI no cartoonies. So that'll be cool. What I can't believe about the X-Men III movie is that they had both Juggernaut and Collosuss in it, and what happens...... nothing. The two don't even look at each other. Their throw downs in the comics where some of my all time favorite moments. Strong man against strong man, they missed one hell of a battle by not putting that one in there. Still, the wolverine fight in the woods was pretty cool.... just needed more blood.

I'm ready for Superman and Ghost Rider now.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

25. New Member

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh yeah. juggernaut.

a juggernaut collusus fight on the big screen would definately look fantastic.

and this just reminds me, you know the kingpin in daredevil? damn!!! i thought he was a white dude in the comic?? wtf?
  26. Professional Member

For a summer action blockbuster, it was exactly what I was looking for.

izza:
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  27. Elite Member

To those who have seen this, do you think it would be too much for a soon to be 5 year old? Too much explicit violence or is mostly off-camera or cartoon type violence?
  28. Advanced Member

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

they did it....they actually did it!

In the movie he says " dont you know who i am?........im the juggernaut *****!" hahahaha that made my day.

if you dont know what im talking about...theres a cartoon floating around here....search : juggernaut

I cant believe they did that, thats awesome.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by danTman2
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

they did it....they actually did it!

In the movie he says " dont you know who i am?........im the juggernaut *****!" hahahaha that made my day.

if you dont know what im talking about...theres a cartoon floating around here....search : juggernaut

I cant believe they did that, thats awesome.
    I saw that cartoon the day before the movie...I thought I was tripping out when he said that.
  30. New Member

I just saw it, it was OK....first two were much better.

I think they rushed the story way to much in order for it to be a good movie...but the SFX were awesome.

And I wish they had more fight scenes with some of the other characters like Colossus...he didnt do diddly the whole movie...he got hit with a rock and was stunned LOL wtf!!
  31. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CREAO
    I just saw it, it was OK....first two were much better.

I think they rushed the story way to much in order for it to be a good movie...but the SFX were awesome.

And I wish they had more fight scenes with some of the other characters like Colossus...he didnt do diddly the whole movie...he got hit with a rock and was stunned LOL wtf!!
    what?? stunned by a rock? that's bs man. in the comic he would blast it into like 30 pieces on contact.
  32. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    To those who have seen this, do you think it would be too much for a soon to be 5 year old? Too much explicit violence or is mostly off-camera or cartoon type violence?
    I think it is doable. I am not a parent, so take that for what it is. There will be a couple of cover eye scenes and some explaining; but most of the gory stuff happens off camera. Its about when I went and saw Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Just a little bit easier to swallow though...
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  33. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    I think it is doable. I am not a parent, so take that for what it is. There will be a couple of cover eye scenes and some explaining; but most of the gory stuff happens off camera. Its about when I went and saw Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Just a little bit easier to swallow though...
    Cool, thanks. That's what I was wondering. My sons want to see it but I was concerned that it might be too graphic for the youngest.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to motiv8er again.
  34. Registered User

I took my nephews to see X2 ...no problem...

They are six and five. Im sure if they are with dad they will be fine..If there are any scary parts ...I just remind them that it is all pretend.
  35. New Member

good movie.
  36. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by phasar
    ooooooooohhhhhhhhh yeah. juggernaut.

a juggernaut collusus fight on the big screen would definately look fantastic.

and this just reminds me, you know the kingpin in daredevil? damn!!! i thought he was a white dude in the comic?? wtf?
    Collusus was one of my favs in the xmen comics, right up there with wolverine. The fact that he wasn't used more then what he was is a very disappointing thing I had with the movie. Other then that I thought it was really good. Yeah, the story was rushed, unlike the other two, but hey we got to see more superpowers in this one, so I'll take the payoff.

By the way, what famous white dude do you know that could possibly pull off Kingpins bulk in Daredevil. Micheal Clark Duncan was pretty much the creme of the crop as far as casting.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

37. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryano
    I took my nephews to see X2 ...no problem...

They are six and five. Im sure if they are with dad they will be fine..If there are any scary parts ...I just remind them that it is all pretend.
    Thanks much for the feedback.
  38. Registered User

Be careful thought after peanut m@ms and popcorn..they were a little "hyped" after watching the movie..bouncing off the walls and attacking each other with superpowers.
  39. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryano
    Be careful thought after peanut m@ms and popcorn..they were a little "hyped" after watching the movie..bouncing off the walls and attacking each other with superpowers.
    That's a normal day around my house. I'm happy is we can avoid bloodshed for a week.
  40. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Before I saw it, I had read a review saying it's downfall was that it was not as 'cerebral' as the other two, also stating that it had 'too many plotlines' to effectively tie-in. I must say, I agree on both fronts, after I came out of the movie, I was disappointed with all the things I did not see. I came to realize with the structure and story they chose for the movie, there was no way possible to fit everything I wanted in there. On the 'cerebral' issue, I was disappointed the director slipped in passing moments of humanity that never allowed the audience to further connect with the established characters, or to get to know the new ones. There was no anguish of prejudice that was present in the first two, no vulnerability. IMO it was a better action movie, but a far less movie overall then the previous two.

Similar Forum Threads

1. In the end, what did you get fof your money?
    By somewhatgifted in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 12:51 PM
  2. Who would be the last standing?
    By thesinner in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
  3. Did you see?
    By pistonpump in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 08:45 PM
  4. holy crap did you see those prices?