Night Terrors/Violence in sleep

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.95%

Night Terrors/Violence in sleep

Anyone here ever get night terrors where they are half asleep screaming or running around their room. I freak my girlfriend out hardcore because I do this like 2-3 times a week. I just get up (Half Asleep) Start screaming something, standing up on the bed, freaking out etc. Just wondering if I'm the only one. When I was in high school I had a lots of incidents where I freaked out and ripped my doorknob off, threw people into dressers in my sleep, swearing really loud etc. Just wondering if I'm the only one or if I need to see a professional.

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by theshocker21
    Anyone here ever get night terrors where they are half asleep screaming or running around their room. I freak my girlfriend out hardcore because I do this like 2-3 times a week. I just get up (Half Asleep) Start screaming something, standing up on the bed, freaking out etc. Just wondering if I'm the only one. When I was in high school I had a lots of incidents where I freaked out and ripped my doorknob off, threw people into dressers in my sleep, swearing really loud etc. Just wondering if I'm the only one or if I need to see a professional.
    Dude..You are a freak..Just kidding, you most likely have a condition called Parasomnia, it's just a broad term that describes a wide range of sleep symptoms. You should talk to a doctor, and hopefully he can refer you to a sleep center.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Dude..You are a freak..Just kidding, you most likely have a condition called Parasomnia, it's just a broad term that describes a wide range of sleep symptoms. You should talk to a doctor, and hopefully he can refer you to a sleep center.
    Can that sleeping disorder affect my recovery time
    •   

4. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Can that sleeping disorder affect my recovery time
    May. Steady, deep rest is needed by your body for regeneration. You do most of your growing while you are sleeping. But, if it bothers you, you should contact your doctor, and hopefully there is a sleep center near you.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.95%

I was just kidding. I dont think it has had any affect on recovery - Only on my girlfriend who is terrified of me at night. lol
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

my dad has night terrors where he will scream, it is quite startling and unexpected (Not pleasant.) He doesnt get up and jump around though which is a good thing.

When people are in these states would it be like a dream or is it a different state? Reason I ask is because I remeber hearing you dream while in the deepest of sleep so therefore if this was the same as a dream it would be great rejuventing sleep right, but I dont think they are the same. In fact I dont think theres anyway the same, but I could be wrong.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

I would get checked. I've known many over the years who have night terrors including a couple vietnam/korean war vets...They did'nt jump up running arund the room though.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%

My daughter has them and she is 6 , she just starts sitting up and freaking out ..kicking her legs.. her eyes are wide open ..but she is still asleep .. scares the s--t out of you..
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I was just kidding. I dont think it has had any affect on recovery - Only on my girlfriend who is terrified of me at night. lol
    If you get out of bed during the night and start popping off sets of pushups and calisthenics, you may decrease your recovery time.
    I'd reccommend 'The Strap' from Fizogen. Just strap yourself to the bed before you go to sleep so you don't get up and exercise during a night terror.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.51%

First, you should change your name.

I agree with Mullet... check up and get pointed in the way of a sleep center.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.97%

Ive had night terrors since I was around 6 years old.
    Ive seen a psychologist and a hypnotist to try to stop them.
    They have reduced in frequency, but still have them 3 or 4 times a month.
    It freaks my girl out too.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Quote Originally Posted by bulls**t
    Ive had night terrors since I was around 6 years old.
    Ive seen a psychologist and a hypnotist to try to stop them.
    They have reduced in frequency, but still have them 3 or 4 times a month.
    It freaks my girl out too.
    I had night terrors when I was young and didn't know what they were and my parents just assumed they were really, severe nightmares. Worst thing ever.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

you only dream during stage 5 called REM sleep, so your getting to the REM stage but how long you stay there in a night is the question.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    you only dream during stage 5 called REM sleep, so your getting to the REM stage but how long you stay there in a night is the question.
    I've been staying there for a while. I have always been able to manipulate my dreams and whatnot, but since week 3-4 of my NHA stack, I've been having and remembering the most lucid, vivid dreams of my life. There are about 10 or more episodes a night and each has enough content/action to fill a 10 minute time slot it seems. Strange that I can be in a mall that my mind created, jumping over the balcony from level 3 to ground level... to hailing a UFO online to pick my brother up... to running across of a lawn of this house in my grandmas neighborhood (haven't been there in 5 years) getting machine gun rounds pumped into my torso and into my face; I could actually feel the heat of my blood dripping down my neck from my face which had half my jaw blown off and feel the internal bleeding of the organs damaged in my torso. Weirdest dreams EVER!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.51%

whoah... that is a dream and then some..

Lucid dreams are amazing... being able to realize you are in a dream and do whatever you want..

Buddhists feel this is a stage higher on your way to enlightenment.

For what it's worth, I fly in my dreams a lot... and if something goes down, I'm usually invincible... hmmm.. makes you think...
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    whoah... that is a dream and then some..

Lucid dreams are amazing... being able to realize you are in a dream and do whatever you want..

Buddhists feel this is a stage higher on your way to enlightenment.

For what it's worth, I fly in my dreams a lot... and if something goes down, I'm usually invincible... hmmm.. makes you think...
    I love flying! I haven't flown a lot lately at all. I usually am able to jump really high or long. It's weird... I'm either semi-invincible, or very disabled (ex. I can either run fast enough that my surrounds seem distorted like the flash, or I am super slow while trying to evade something and I usually trip/slip)
    I read this dream book that gave me a really good tip that cut down on the time to realization/lucidity and gave me more power. I am very good at picking out things that are out of place now. Like the clocks on the walls don't usually display military time, or there's no such store as Beckson's Super Food Mart, lol, my mind creates weird stuff when in demand. I've even manifested songs that don't exist and they're amazing. A song would be playing froom a boombox at a concession stand and it would be completely fictitious; Fictitious song, vocalist, tune, etc. The mind is nuts.
    I'm thinking of looking into meditation and all that stuff. You ever get into that?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

I think some people tend to give a shiet more than others, and as a result they contemplate scenarios and wonder what others are thinking alot. I think these people influence their dreams to play out scenarios or act out weird clashes of things thay are thinking about. Tonight i will attempt to think about a vivid scene with women using my lap and face for seats, and when i wake up ill know if i was able to influence my subconscious.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

Deja-vu, theres somehting in that moment that seems reminicent about it whether its the way someone entered a room or they way you feel or the way things play out, either way youve seen this before. I think this is the feeling you get when you dont actively remeber somehting and seeing it again sparks something that allows you to bring back a moment from a dream. so yeah i basically think deja-vu is remembering a phsycic dream you had.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.59%

I used to get them .. I would usually "fight" in my sleep.
    I have cut my arms and feet up badly by kicking and punching windows in my sleep..
    Mine are very infrequent though.. Maybe once or twice a year.. So i dont worry about them.

Similar Forum Threads

1. SHR # 1352 :: Predicting Cardiovascular Events In Sleep Ap
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 03:43 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 08:30 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
  5. Replies: 2