Do you use tobacco products?

Do you use Tobacco?

• No way, you're just killing yourself!! (None)

Votes: 62 54.4%
  • Yea, The Marlboro Man is my hero. (Cigarettes)

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I like to look like a chipmunk with my Chew. (Chew)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Spitting is the coolest thing on the planet!! (Dip)

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Hey, arnold smokes them. (Cigars)

Votes: 16 14.0%

• Total voters
P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
No, Cigarettes, Cigars, Chew or Dip?

Just out of curiousity...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I smoke occassionally. Usually not more than 1-2 on a weekend night, if at all. I like to smoke some other stuff too :twisted:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
No way... can't stand any of the stuff.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to add, I love my dip.

I do really think spitting is the coolest thing in the world...

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
No way... can't stand any of the stuff.
DittttttttttO I can't stand any of it! Couple weeks ago me and my wife (who is pregnant) went to a concert at the palace of auburn hills and some drunk guy thought he would be cool and light up a cigarette. Yeah that was almost his last cigarette!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope, never have and never will. I have a grandfather who wears oxygen 24/7 and when he was told he needed to stop smoking or die it took him 5 years to stop. Plus it's expensive. If i'm going to pay to slowly kill myself i'm getting some bonuses out of it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to smoke, alot of things really. But one day I woke up and quit it all. Cigarettes, weed, some other things that don't need to be mentioned. Thankfully I have never touched any of it and never will again.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's few that can do that. Of course those are the ones who typically are able to overcome a lot of obsticles and achieve goals that others can't. Props on that man. My brother did what you did and that guy is a hero to me for the things he's accomplished over the years from the person he could of turned out to be if he didn't decide to make that change.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
used to smoke and dip while in the corps. not surprisingly, when i got out, didn't feel a need for it anymore. the stress had been removed. i'd bet there are some alarming statistics for service members that take up smoking to relieve stress. nothing makes you want to light up quicker than being told you're going to iraq.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah man, I delt with the stress by holding it in and becoming a time bomb for anger blasts. I think in that situation, smoking/chew would of been a safer outlet as far as health.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Chewing is my freaking downfall. Been trying to quit forever!! I hate it, but that crap has a hold on me big time!

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I used to smoke, ... But one day I woke up and quit it all.
Same here, cold turkey, after ~7 years of cigarettes. Still trying to reshape myself from the 30+ lbs. I gained afterwards... Lost the original weight, but haven't completely reshaped the love handles & boobies :icon_lol:
Still have time for the occasional cigar, probably less than 5 per year.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ill smoke those clove cigarettes once in a while. ill buy a box, takes me about 3 months to finish it, then i dont buy them again for a while. i normally only do it on days off when im grilling out with the boys or if i just want to relax. however, when im on a cycle i NEVER smoke or drink.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I used to smoke, alot of things really. But one day I woke up and quit it all. Cigarettes, weed, some other things that don't need to be mentioned. Thankfully I have never touched any of it and never will again.

I used to have the same problem with about everything under the sun...but after a bad weekend everything changed...now its just the lip every now and again...

I don't even drink anymore, and that was a HUUUUUGE step for me.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Cigarettes. Used to a lot, then quit for a few years, then took it up again on weekends when I was partying, which was a lot for a while. Then stress and 12-16 hour days at work kicked in and I was up to a pack a day. Cut that down thankfully, it's still mostly on the weekends. Once I shift jobs, which will be in a couple of days, I'm expecting less stress and less jonesing for them. I figure I'll go cold turkey in a week or two like I did when I was younger. This job was fun at first, now it's just killing me.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Haven’t had cigarettes in…. 2 weeks.

Quit? Nah… just a pause I think.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Nah. Anyone who would pay to see me naked should take the money and spend it on a shrink, because they have problems and need to have themselves checked.
where do you think ubi has been?

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Used to smoke and dip for a long time....for whatever reason when playing Junior (hockey) dip was all the rage :think: Still have the occasional dart if out drinking with old buddies but that itself is a very rare occasion.

jecko

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Used to smoke and dip for a long time....for whatever reason when playing Junior (hockey) dip was all the rage :think: Still have the occasional dart if out drinking with old buddies but that itself is a very rare occasion.

jecko

Okay, you canadians make no sense...can you explain to me what a "dart" is?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
where do you think ubi has been?
Alright, you got me. We did a cross dressing cross country road trip together. I came back with a bad attitude and a sheep, he's gone mystical and grew a long beard.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, you canadians make no sense...can you explain to me what a "dart" is?
It's a dart man, a cigarrette. It started because old cats would call them lung darts. Then it got shortened up. Where I live they call a dip a snuff, or a snouse

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
It's a dart man, a cigarrette. It started because old cats would call them lung darts. Then it got shortened up. Where I live they call a dip a snuff, or a snouse

Now that makes a little more sense...you gotta bare with me, im a little slow...

but yea, dip, snuff, lip...all the same to me...but snouse? wtf?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You Yanks are the strange ones in terms of slang..What do you guys call Pop again?..Soda right?..hehe..And one time when I was down in Washington State, I asked the guy where the washroom is..He kept telling me the 25c laundromat was down the road..Finally, I was like "No man!..Where's the pisser?"...

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You Yanks are the strange ones in terms of slang..What do you guys call Pop again?..Soda right?..hehe..And one time when I was down in Washington State, I asked the guy where the washroom is..He kept telling me the 25c laundromat was down the road..Finally, I was like "No man!..Where's the pisser?"...
Pop, washroom...tell me you guys use the term water closet...:icon_lol:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The ****ter, indoor outhouse. Next time just say you need to go to the can, they'll know what you mean. I never got the pop thing. Plus down south here in the US some people call all soda Coke, no matter the brand. Order a Coke and they expect ellaboration. Dialects can be a ***** to get used to.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The ****ter, indoor outhouse. Next time just say you need to go to the can, they'll know what you mean. I never got the pop thing. Plus down south here in the US some people call all soda Coke, no matter the brand. Order a Coke and they expect ellaboration. Dialects can be a ***** to get used to.
It's kind of funny. With the Soda/Pop thing. When it first came it, it was all called Soda Pop. We took the Pop, you guys kept the Soda..I guess it worked out.

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Used to smoke stupid amounts of weed, but cut all the **** out when i become serious about lifting, never tried cigarettes, but when on vacation in Dominican i smoked a couple cigars. I don't smoke at all though, i think it's counter productive to the bodybuilding lifestyle, and for you pot smokers out their, pot raises estrogen!

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chewing is my freaking downfall. Been trying to quit forever!! I hate it, but that crap has a hold on me big time!

No it doesnt. you are a slave to the product. Do you let a woman tell you what to do and when to do it? I bet not, then why let chew run your life??? You can quit, YOU have the power! Mind over matter my friend :)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
ODDLY ENOUGH:

Study Finds No Cancer, Marijuana Connection

By Marc Kaufman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 26, 2006; A03

The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Donald Tashkin of the University of California at Los Angeles, a pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Earlier work established that marijuana does contain cancer-causing chemicals as potentially harmful as those in tobacco, he said. However, marijuana also contains the chemical THC, which he said may kill aging cells and keep them from becoming cancerous.

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

They were all asked about their lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol. The heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times, while moderately heavy usage was defined as smoking 11,000 to 22,000 marijuana cigarettes. Tashkin found that even the very heavy marijuana smokers showed no increased incidence of the three cancers studied.

"This is the largest case-control study ever done, and everyone had to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use," he said. "Bias can creep into any research, but we controlled for as many confounding factors as we could, and so I believe these results have real meaning."

Tashkin's group at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA had hypothesized that marijuana would raise the risk of cancer on the basis of earlier small human studies, lab studies of animals, and the fact that marijuana users inhale more deeply and generally hold smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers -- exposing them to the dangerous chemicals for a longer time. In addition, Tashkin said, previous studies found that marijuana tar has 50 percent higher concentrations of chemicals linked to cancer than tobacco cigarette tar.

While no association between marijuana smoking and cancer was found, the study findings, presented to the American Thoracic Society International Conference this week, did find a 20-fold increase in lung cancer among people who smoked two or more packs of cigarettes a day.

The study was limited to people younger than 60 because those older than that were generally not exposed to marijuana in their youth, when it is most often tried.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
used to smoke and dip while in the corps. not surprisingly, when i got out, didn't feel a need for it anymore. the stress had been removed. i'd bet there are some alarming statistics for service members that take up smoking to relieve stress. nothing makes you want to light up quicker than being told you're going to iraq.
you are correct!! there is a LOT of tob. use in the military!!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I quit smoking last August after 20 something years of it. Now I wonder how I could stand smoking.

B

BS Nutrition

Awards
I forgot to add, I love my dip.

I do really think spitting is the coolest thing in the world...
haha, yeah I agree. I dip also, and Im going to throw one in right now! I know its not good so shut up!

T

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I used to smoke cigarettes, smoked high quality marijuana for about a year and a half straight everyday. That really broke my wallet. I quit everything years ago.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
For the most part no but I do have the occasional cigar. Not very often.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i smoke marlboros everyday...its so hard to quit. I guess i just dont find the "real" desire yet. I'll give it a year or two. Agree with the military thing i smoked so much then and also dipped along with cigars and sometimes combonations. The drug thing i can credit joining the service as my help for quiting although i guess i never really quit cuz i still blaze every once and a while but nothing major...also i second that mary jane increases estrogen, u can get gyno actually esp if you smoke like i used to.

D

dhartnet

Banned
Awards
Like Seinfeld says.. "I second hand smoke 2 packs a day"..

K

killuminati04

Awards
ermm whats dip?

cigarettes are my down fall, going to phase them out soon.
then theres the weed but i'm going off that recently.

A

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
haha, yeah I agree. I dip also, and Im going to throw one in right now! I know its not good so shut up!
I feel the same way. Esp the damn truth commercials get on my damn nerves!!! :aargh: They really need to give it a rest with all the commericals. People are gonna smoke and chew tobacco no matter what. I picked up the habit from playing baseball my whole life. Started chewing in high school and haven't stopped since. I tried dipping but that sh** is too strong. I'll never turn down RedMan Chewing Tobacco anyday. When I went in to the dentist, she said my gums were excellent! LOL How about them apples?:icon_lol:

B

BS Nutrition

Awards
I feel the same way. Esp the damn truth commercials get on my damn nerves!!! :aargh: They really need to give it a rest with all the commericals. People are gonna smoke and chew tobacco no matter what. I picked up the habit from playing baseball my whole life. Started chewing in high school and haven't stopped since. I tried dipping but that sh** is too strong. I'll never turn down RedMan Chewing Tobacco anyday. When I went in to the dentist, she said my gums were excellent! LOL How about them apples?:icon_lol:
Same here about the dentist, but the Redman is alittle much, maybe I put too much in.

I even dip when I do squats! :blink:

Kidding, later

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
my dentist also said that i need to alternate dip sites.

i just get a little nervious when i dip, i start feeling around my gums to see whats going on...