noob...hello

usmceric

Awards
Hello everyone, well I am a new member to this forum. I love all the information that is readily available. It seems kinda overwhelming the amount of diets and supplements out there. I am now on the long journey to find out what works for me. I have been working out for about 6 months, and I have seen tremendous gains. Granted I am a small guy, but going to the gym is my drug of choice. I guess my goal is to be in the best shape I can be in physically. I will never be a bodybuilder...I am too small and I dont have the genetics. I am 5'6" and about 165lbs. on a good day w/ about 9-10% bodyfat. I have been doing the BLEND program by Jim Stoppani from a couple Muscle and Fitness mags I got. I need programs to be on. I am not the kind of person who just goes to the gym without any guidance. I need someone (even if its a mag) to tell me what to do. I am a Marine after all and I think they brainwashed me to follow instructions. Anyways I am taking BSN products (Nitrix, No-Xplode and True-Mass). The Nitrix doesn't do diddly squat for me. I love NO-X and the True-Mass is the best protein I have ever had...it tastes great and mixes awesome. Tons of protein too, albeit a little costly. Enough of my rambling...I look forward to reading all kinds of ideas and tips to help me out in my goals. Thanks in advance.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Welcome...I think you like it hear ..lots of good people and sponsers. Careful though when I first happened upon this site I was up for a couple of days reading ...messed with my workouts. Plus we have really cool and bloody smilies.:gore: :saw: :shoot:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Welcome.

Spend the majority of your time here in the diet/nutrition sections. Diet is key. Everything else (including training) falls in at a far second. IMO

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome.

Spend the majority of your time here in the diet/nutrition sections. Diet is key. Everything else (including training) falls in at a far second. IMO
Word to that..Also, throw away the Muscle Mags and ditch the BSN because it's mostly BSM (Bull Sh!t Marketing). Next time you goto purchase supplements look to any of our fine board sponsors, both Supplement Stores, and Brands.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Word to that..Also, throw away the Muscle Mags and ditch the BSN because it's mostly BSM (Bull Sh!t Marketing). Next time you goto purchase supplements look to any of our fine board sponsors, both Supplement Stores, and Brands.
Agreed to both throwing the magazine away and stop buying BSN. About never being a bodybuilder, just because you are not a certain size does not mean you are not a bodybuilder, its a state of mine, has to do with the way you train and the goals you see for yourself.

As well as spending time in the nutrition section, check out the exercise forum as well. If you have been following those mag workouts you most likely have been doing terrible workouts. I have seen lots of workouts from them befoer and I for one would never do one. They usually have to many sets and they are just weird most of the time. Read around and look and others routines they are doing, many have logs on this board where you can see what they do and eat. Once you have what you think post it up and many will help critique and add/change things to help you out. GOod luck and welcome to the board.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
:welcome:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
What up bro.

I agree with dropping BSN. No Xplode is a good pre-WO booster. You could keep that if you like. Trash the other 2 though.